FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Mental health campaigners demand a shut down of suicide forums but these people fail to understand if society didn't treat mentally ill people like lepers suicide forums wouldn't exist. Depressed or mentally people who open up honestly about their feelings get harshly judged by family or friends or their communities, dismissed or worst of all experience family or friends wanting nothing to do with them.

In the past I have used online mental support spaces and I even got poor treatment from other depression and anxiety suffers in what was supposed to be a safe space for depression sufferers. In one online depression support community the moderator had a long history of severe depression, anxiety and despite her difficulties throughout her life during my encounters with her I found her to be a judgemental and patronising person ever. She believed suicide websites should be shut down all together. She was middle class woman who was able to afford therapists throughout her life up until her death.

During the covid19 pandemic I mentioned on the forum as truthfully as possible that sometimes i wished I died of covid19 because I don't really deserve to be alive in this world. The moderator of the site she attacked me and she said my comments are "insulting " and she talked about how she has been shielding during the pandemic. Another site member she was the biggest bully and she criticised me on the site. She brought up about her cousin died of covid19 and didn't get to say goodbye. She called me "selfish" and said I didn't "understand" what i was talking about. She is in her 40s and also she said " I wish I was young, had a law degree and a caring family "She attacked me on the site the moderator along with all the site members sided with her as she continued builled me. I end up being accused of attacking her when I tried to defend myself.

The moderator ulimately drove me out of the community. The same week I made the covid19 comments I just wrote about how if you kill yourself people seem to care more about you and really appreciate you. I made reference to the suicide of a famous UK celebrity who killed herself and got loads of massive public outpouring of love. The moderator responded with hostility. She imposed restrictions on my posts which were every post i wrote had to be approved by her. After that I left. She was rude to me in the emails when discussing closing my account.

People when they feel they can not talk freely and openly about their feelings its is natural they will seek a community where people do understand and suicide forums fill that void. These mental health campaigners and suicide prevention lobby can't see this is the world they created.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: hi-okbye, CTB Dream, tera_forest and 10 others
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
Yeap, totally agree with this.

Reactions: myusername890
L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
Yeah this is probably true to an extent. I would add the stipulation that depressed people generally only get the lepper treatment if they start expressing thoughts or beliefs that "kill the vibe" of otherwise happy people. To be completely fair, everyone on this forum would do the exact same thing if they were happy and had a great life. There is only so much depressing stuff you want to deal with when your life is awesome.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Mental health advocates just want our wallets.

They don't want us to freely express ourselves and promote free choice because they won't be able to eat.

They see mental health more as a business than a serious issue.

They leave us hooked with "professionals" who only listen to us and give us random drugs to see if we feel better, when it's more likely that our symptoms will worsen or we'll develop an addiction.

These advocates don't want us to do CTB because they know it will affect their wallets and they'll accuse us with their daddies (the government) to oppress us and keep us in this decaying society.

• Love
Reactions: hi-okbye, conarc, myusername890 and 2 others
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Everyone sees the world and others through their own lens. Some of us try to be as objective and empathetic as we can, but most are more rigid. If they can't understand it, they mock or fear it. You're asking people who want to live and who care strongly about living to entertain the perspective of someone who feels the opposite. A lot of people are unwilling or incapable of doing that. I remember when I was younger I couldn't wrap my head around it. I couldn't fathom life being that bad that I'd want to do it. Now, I'm here. Even now, I hesitate to wish others here who post their intent to ctb, a safe journey. But it's not because I don't empathize, but because it makes me sad. I wouldn't wish these thoughts and feelings on my worst enemy. Most of the time it's going to be people who are going through a similar experience who can sympathize the most and even then you'll still come across people like that female moderator you mentioned.

• Hugs
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston, Forever Sleep and Ligand
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Mental health advocates just want our wallets.

They don't want us to freely express ourselves and promote free choice because they won't be able to eat.

They see mental health more as a business than a serious issue.

They leave us hooked with "professionals" who only listen to us and give us random drugs to see if we feel better, when it's more likely that our symptoms will worsen or we'll develop an addiction.

These advocates don't want us to do CTB because they know it will affect their wallets and they'll accuse us with their daddies (the government) to oppress us and keep us in this decaying society.
@ClaudeCTTE Worst of all the moderator being a depression sufferer herself along with her other mental illnesses out of all people she should know better out of all people that depression sufferers do not see the world and themselves in a normal way. During the pandemic genuinely felt like I didn't deserve to be alive especially seeing the people I knew who died from covid19 and were good people with so much to live for. I wished I died from covid19 instead of the good people of the world.

The moderator died earlier this year just seeing all the rescent online and social media tributes about how the moderator was a lovely woman who helped many vulnerable people I just can't get over how she allowed her online community to bully and judge me at my lowest point in my life all because I expressed honestly my deepest pain which she and community didn't agree with. God forgive me for saying this but anyone who allows the bullying of a vunlerable person is not a good human being.

I only feel sorry for her 3 kids left behind and her family but that woman is not a nice person. Everyone is treating her like saint and an angel but the day she treated with her judgemental behaviour, hostility and even allowing her members to bully me she showed her true colours which is not a nice person and absolutely nothing like the saint she has been painted out to be.

A lot of mental health advocates( including those who use their experiences of mental illness as a platform for advocacy and campaigning ) from my experience and observation a lot of them are the biggest pieces of shit. They are nothing but a bunch of arseholes pretending to be saints and it shocking how they have influence over other people lives and public policies on mental health.
Yeap, totally agree with this.
@Teleftaía Anapnoí A lot of mental health advocates( including those who use their experiences of suffering from mental illness as a platform for advocacy and campaigning ) from my experience and observation a lot of them are the biggest pieces of shit, I am so sorry to say. They are nothing but a bunch of arseholes pretending to be saints and it is so shocking how they have influence over other people lives and public policies or debate on mental health.

I was so naive in believing a person suffering from depression or anxiety is a nice open minded person capable of understanding and emphasising. Being builled and judged by other mentally ill women in an online support space for mental illness has been so disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClaudeCTTE and Lostandlooking
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm guessing it's because- although that forum was for people struggling in life- it still sounded more pro-life. Or- more focussed on recovery.

I think those sorts of people see it as toxic and polluting when people are too negative. Even though they may have those feelings themselves- it strikes me that they very much belonged in the 'love life' club.

I just think they feel such a deep commitment to keep living- for whatever reason, that they feel offended and appalled when people talk about suicide. It's that whole- 'don't even mention it' thing. It didn't really sound like a place where people could openly discuss things- even in a philosophical sense. I've even heard of people's therapists refusing to talk about it! Like that's going to make it go away!

I agree though- people need to talk about this stuff openly. If more people felt able to talk about it openly wthout fear of extreme repurcussions- maybe less people would act on their ideation. Being able to talk about it surely falls in the category of prevention- which is what they want!

Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Death from COVID is not guaranteed to be peaceful.
You might suffer a lot throughout the whole thing and SI will definitely kick in if you remain conscious.

When I had COVID, I remember my heartbeat spiraling out of control accompanied with panic attacks and a feeling of terror.
I would also wake up often throughout the night, and I remember I could not move freely, because it would feel as if one wrong move could kill me in the most painful way possible.

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I have made bad experiences with other mental health care forums too. In the media they portray us as monsters. I received a lot of offending comments in other forums and I was as an outsider with a severely and persisting suicidality. But the people sided with the ones who could spread positivity and good mood stories. The staff on here is also way way friendlier to me. I had the feeling in other forums I was shamed for my suicidality and that I openly admitted them.