• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I've done tandem skydiving before and I'm now looking to get my A license which will allow me to skydive from anywhere in the world on my own.

I've always thought of this as my ideal method, as it gives me the choice mid-air on whether I want to pull the parachute or not (you hear of stories of people who jump and end up surviving talking about the regret they felt as soon as they jumped)

I'm pretty confident I want to ctb and think this is the method for me but welcome your thoughts. I want to minimize the amount of pain it causes to the people around me e.g. the skydiving institute I use will get bad publicity so acknowledge it is slightly unethical, but I feel since the jump is solo and I'll have a license they can't be blamed for anything.

Welcome your thoughts on this method and whether there are any other factors I should keep in mind.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Makko, patheticpartner, Rational man and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I think it is an awesome way to go. I personally have a phobia of heights but if it wasnt the case, I would love to go that way

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, SlimShady and fox_wannabe
alwaysdopesick

alwaysdopesick

Oct 19, 2021
Most skydiving rigs have a device that automatically deploys your reserve if you get too low at free fall speed, and everyone checks your equipment before you skydive.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and PeacefulTonic
S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
Most skydiving rigs have a device that automatically deploys your reserve if you get too low at free fall speed, and everyone checks your equipment before you skydive.
Hmm interesting. I'll have my own gear though/rent it since I'll have a license etc. so will have full control over the process I think?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
E

Eddypaddy

Student
Oct 28, 2021
I could not do it. Falling from heights is one of my biggest nightmares.. Imagine falling, rethinking your decision and coming to the conclusion cause of SI kicking in that you need to survive..

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and PeacefulTonic
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
This isn't foolproof. A woman once survived a 6 mile fall from the sky.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and Rational man
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I think you're probably right that because the jump is solo and you'll have a license they can't be blamed for anything. Sounds like a very good way to go!

And thinking about what meetapple said, you'd probably have plenty of time to make sure you land head first to try to make sure you succeed.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and SlimShady
S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
I think it is an awesome way to go. I personally have a phobia of heights but if it wasnt the case, I would love to go that way

I could not do it. Falling from heights is one of my biggest nightmares.. Imagine falling, rethinking your decision and coming to the conclusion cause of SI kicking in that you need to survive..
That's a likely outcome. But the beauty is I can have multiple jumps and get over SI gradually.

Do you guys think there is any way of making this look accidental? I have life insurance and I fear the insurance company will cite suicide and not pay out my benefits hence if I can make it look like an accident it gives my family a good fighting chance once I'm gone

Last edited:
  • Hugs
ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021
That's a likely outcome. But the beauty is I can have multiple jumps and get over SI gradually.

Do you guys think there is any way of making this look accidental? I have life insurance and I fear the insurance company will cite suicide and not pay out my benefits hence if I can make it look like an accident it gives my family a good fighting chance once I'm gone
I think if you skydive fairly often, most people will assume it was an accident anyway. Quite a bit less suspicious than a one off.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, SlimShady and Snake of Eden
S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
This isn't foolproof. A woman once survived a 6 mile fall from the sky.
Reading up on this, but surely I'd have a 90% + chance of death?
I think if you skydive fairly often, most people will assume it was an accident anyway. Quite a bit less suspicious than a one off.
I'm not too sure actually. If I decide not to pull the chute and disable the automatic deployment of the reserve chute, then it surely looks like a suicide?

Welcome any ideas..

• Hugs
ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021
If I decide not to pull the chute and disable the automatic deployment of the reserve chute, then it surely looks like a suicide?
Maybe both your chute and the reserve chute failed- it has happened plenty of times before, people have died skydiving. Or perhaps you fell unconscious (trust me, they're not gonna be able to tell from your remains).

With this kind of thing I don't think suicide is typically gonna be considered first, unless you were already known to be depressed or otherwise suicidal. Just an unfortunate accident, perhaps even a homicide, but suicide by this method is pretty unheard of.

• Hugs
S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
Maybe both your chute and the reserve chute failed- it has happened plenty of times before, people have died skydiving. Or perhaps you fell unconscious (trust me, they're not gonna be able to tell from your remains).

With this kind of thing I don't think suicide is typically gonna be considered first, unless you were already known to be depressed or otherwise suicidal. Just an unfortunate accident, perhaps even a homicide, but suicide by this method is pretty unheard of.
Makes sense. I guess I'll need to clear my digital footprint and act very normal the month before I ctb to leave no trace of suspicion

• Hugs
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
My most desired method is spacediving, but that's never going to happen.

• Yay!
D

disfiguredone

Cursed
Aug 23, 2020

How long have you had the policy? Life insurance policies in the US typically have a "waiting period" of usually a year but after that no matter the cause of death it will pay out. Meaning if you take out the policy and kill yourself within the first year it won't pay, which is to discourage people from buying it with that purpose in mind. But after that, no matter how you die, the typical policy pays. To confirm, call the company/agent and ask. I have a policy I purchased many years ago, and when I became suicidal, I called up my insurance agent and just asked if I become suicidal and end my life what will happen. He said the policy will pay out and explained it is a common misconception that there is a "suicide exclusion" on life insurance policies. He said there used to be a long time ago but current policies do not have one. He said he gets that question all the time. Every policy is unique of course so I recommend confirming.

• Hugs
S

SlimShady

Oct 25, 2021
How long have you had the policy? Life insurance policies in the US typically have a "waiting period" of usually a year but after that no matter the cause of death it will pay out. Meaning if you take out the policy and kill yourself within the first year it won't pay, which is to discourage people from buying it with that purpose in mind. But after that, no matter how you die, the typical policy pays. To confirm, call the company/agent and ask. I have a policy I purchased many years ago, and when I became suicidal, I called up my insurance agent and just asked if I become suicidal and end my life what will happen. He said the policy will pay out and explained it is a common misconception that there is a "suicide exclusion" on life insurance policies. He said there used to be a long time ago but current policies do not have one. He said he gets that question all the time. Every policy is unique of course so I recommend confirming.
Wow that's really useful information. I've only had it for 6 months so far but really helpful to have additional context around it. Cheers mate.

• Hugs