• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

noalarms

noalarms

Jun 18, 2022
I recently came across this video by Youtuber ChubbyEmu where he describes the accidental death of a man who ate two pounds of liquorice candy for three weeks and suffered The man did not have any diagnosed underlying heart condition, but had a remote history of abusing drugs. He was 54 at the time of death.

I wondered if this might work as a suicide method. It would result in a sudden and relatively painless death which would appear like an accident to friends and relatives.

Although ChubbyEmu goes into much more detail in the video linked above, the method is pretty easy to understand. The active ingredient of the licquorice plant is Glycyrrhizin, whose presence in the body results in a reduction of potassium in the blood, or hypokalemia.

Most of the symptoms of hypokalemia are quite mild; they include high blood pressure, muscle cramps, fatigue and constipation. However, in extreme cases it can result in a slow resting heart rate, which in turn could lead to sudden cardiac arrest Consuming at least 100mg of glycyrrhizin for just two weeks led to an increase in blood pressure, according to this meta-analysis of 18 studies. The researches note that those with an underlying heart condition should be particularly wary of consuming liquorice, so this method could be effective if you have such a condition.

This method does not necessarily require the consumption of liquorice candy, which could be off-putting for some due to its high sugar content. Liquorice extract contains much higher concentrations of glycyrrhizin than liquorice candy, and does not contain sugar. It can be purchased from Amazon or from most health stores. If that doesn't work, you could try looking for liquorice powder in a Chinese or other ethnic supermarket, as liquorice is a traditional medicine in many cultures.

The main issue with this method is that there is no record of acute overdose taking place: meaning that if you attempt this method, you will most likely have to consume liquorice products for at least two weeks to see any effect. This confirms my experience, as I drank half a 30ml bottle of liquorice extract at once (the equivalent of 12 pounds of liquorice, and only experienced brief fatigue. Another issue is that most liquorice flavoured candies do not actually contain liquorice; they contain anise, which will have no effect on blood potassium levels and blood pressure and is thus useless as a method.

The man in the case described above most likely consumed in excess of 1000mg of glycyrrhizin per day for three weeks, so if you are serious about this method you will have to consumed at least that much, and most likely much more, given the man's age. I aim to take roughly 4000mg per day for the next two weeks, using liquorice extract, powder and candy.

This may seem like an extremely unreliable method, but the upside is that there are few risks: if you succeed in causing a heart attack, your chance of survival is slim unless you are literally minutes away from a hospital or defibrillator. There are only mild symptoms while consuming the liquorice, and sudden cardiac arrest will most likely not be anticipated by typical heart attack symptoms (palpitations, shortness of breath etc.) meaning that death will be almost painless. The final advantage of this method is that, if successful, your death will look like a tragic but unavoidable accident.

If you have anything to add to this method, I'd love to hear it.

• Informative
Reactions: lachrymost, Living_Hurts_so_Much and Sick of it all
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I once ate almost a bag of licorice candy one night. The next morning, my bowel movement was a very bright light green I almost freaked out, but then though about the possible connection between the two. A computer search confirmed the two were indeed related.

noalarms

noalarms

Jun 18, 2022
I once ate almost a bag of licorice candy one night. The next morning, my bowel movement was a very bright light green I almost freaked out, but then though about the possible connection between the two. A computer search confirmed the two were indeed related.
I've heard of that happening before, not sure if its the result of liquorice itself or something in lliquoric candy specifically

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
I've had the opposite. It gives me low blood pressure. I'm half Dutch and can't eat it. Dutch have salted licorice. But, then I do have a funky kind of problem with blood pressure so it could just be a me thing. I love the taste of chocolate bullets, but can't eat them.