M

msn

Sep 3, 2020
I know suicide by strangulation is rare but are there any ways i can strangle myself with a ligature if i dont have a hanging point? and also is it as effective as hanging?

Reactions: paramhansyogi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I have read about a method called night night, and also a tourniquet method which is similar.
You would have to look up old threads to get proper information though

It's probably not as effective as hanging

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
just get a decent rope find a tree that's not in populated space and tie to nearest branch make a strong knot and place neck in loop it doesn't need to be tight that's just to ensure you don't fall out when unconscious or convulsions lean into the loop with full weight

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You can do the tourniquet method.

This is my understanding of the method from reading Five Final Acts, and it's advised to practice so you notice the point at which you start to feel light-headed, and to work with the object hitting the collar bone/shoulder. In my experience, I don't have the cartoids for partial, or for tourniquet, so I don't get the pleasant light-headed feeling, I get the head pounding.

Put the ligature around the neck, and to the side, wrap it around an object like a wooden spoon or a cooking spatula, although something smaller can be used. Lying down or sitting up against something like the back of a sofa or a wall, twist the object quickly until you feel light-headed. When going all the way, don't pause, keep going twisting quickly. The object will naturally stop against the collar bone, so when you lose consciousness, it won't let go.