fillthevoid

fillthevoid

Nov 15, 2021
I was just wondering if this is a thing? I mean. It's meant to be deadly, right.

Reactions: Ghostmaster, pthnrdnojvsc, waitingforrest and 1 other person
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I'm looking at "accidentally" ingesting some hemlock having mistaken it for cow parsley at the moment (been nibbling on cow parsley when out for walks with friends as my back story). I've not actually found any hemlock in my area yet but I believe it grows in June/July here. I'm not sure what doseage of foxglove would be required though sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: fillthevoid, NearlyIrrelevantCake, come to dust and 1 other person
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Sadly, yes. Throughout history, it has been used for that purpose, also by the vengeful to poison spouses. The digitoxin found in Digitalis species has significant effects on cardiac function, the effects differ depending on one's health and the dose. Used at the right dosage, the digitoxin and digoxin in foxglove is an effective treatment for congestive heart failure.

Absolutely beautiful in flower.

Colorful foxglove flowers christina rollo 1261217284

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: actual_fox, gomenasai, fillthevoid and 2 others
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I've looked into this but if you survive chances of kidney and heart issues are likely. I'm completely unsure of the amount you need but I've heard of people becoming really sick from just a few parts of the plant

Reactions: Ghostmaster, fillthevoid and waitingforrest
L

letsmakeitagoodworl

Sep 25, 2022
I'm unsure if the OP is still considering this but there's huge room for failure here. I took foxgloves at the start of 2021 and it didn't kill me obviously, just made my heart go into really weird rhythms. I also felt quite sick after about 12 hours

• Love
Reactions: sleeps
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I'm looking at "accidentally" ingesting some hemlock having mistaken it for cow parsley at the moment (been nibbling on cow parsley when out for walks with friends as my back story). I've not actually found any hemlock in my area yet but I believe it grows in June/July here. I'm not sure what doseage of foxglove would be required though sorry.
hi can you elaborate on this? where can i find it, how and how much must i take and how long will it take to kill?

Reactions: makethepainstop
S

Silent Forrest

Jul 14, 2022
Didn't the famous Greek philosopher Socrates die from Hemlock?

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Oh shit
It is probably painful though right?
Heart failure is painful.

But somebody died here from drinking Oleander Tea

Reactions: Ghostmaster
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
hi can you elaborate on this? where can i find it, how and how much must i take and how long will it take to kill?
Yes I need to know too, asking for a neighbor. What does it look like, does it grow in the SE USA?

T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I'm not sure on the exact amounts, I've still not found any of it anywhere near where I live. I listened to a podcast months ago where they said a small amount of it can kill you and was hunting for it ever since I heard that.