ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
I personally think suicide by cop is a shitty thing to do, because the officer will have a lot to deal with.

Reactions: TeaPloom, it's_all_a_game, Disco Biscuit and 7 others
Life is pointless

Life is pointless

Dec 18, 2020
I think thats a good way , but u need to understand that u might get shot in the leg or tazered , if u wanna make sure he shoots u , equip yourself with a weapon

Reactions: demuic and Trannydiary
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
In my opinion do it only if you don't have any better option. First of all it's risky - you might end up disabled. Second of all it's morally wrong. I'm not a moral person but if you are then you should consider it.

Reactions: foxdie
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
It is most definitely not an effective method. Unless you trick them into tho king you have a gun they will most likely use non-lethal.

Then you end up in jail or a psych ward.

If you are successful then you possibly cause the officer or officers trauma.

They're are way more effective, easier, and more moral methods.

I wish the best. Happy new year.

Reactions: foxdie and DoNotLet2
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Suicide by cop is the most selfish shit I've ever seen. It's not even suicide. It's forced murder, and you're ruining at least one cop's life. Taking a life leaves a stain on a person that never washes off. Please don't make your problems someone else's.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, pkmoney, AutoTap and 1 other person
BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
Suicide by cop is a shitty method in my opinion. I know officers are trained and prepared for this situation but still, I think they don't sleep well for a long time after that. Especially when they know it is a suicide attempt.

There is no suicide by cop in my country, I wonder why it's so popular in the US.

Life is pointless

Life is pointless

Dec 18, 2020
Suicide by cop is a shitty method in my opinion. I know officers are trained and prepared for this situation but still, I think they don't sleep well for a long time after that. Especially when they know it is a suicide attempt.

There is no suicide by cop in my country, I wonder why it's so popular in the US.
Because they can shoot anyone they want without being punished , in rare cases they are being punished

Reactions: demuic
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I know someone that tried this. They got tazed and landed in a psych ward

Reactions: Life is pointless
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018

Wonder if this is what he set out to do?
I think so, he wanted to die but not by his own hands.

As for the method, I don't endorse this as like others said that it is not only unreliable and if one survives, they could end up seriously crippled and locked up in a psych ward/jail. Also, @DoNotLet2 has a good point for those who are moral and don't wish to involve others.

Imho, for this particular scenario, I do believe that the officers were very hesitant in shooting him and gave him several chances to surrender and give up and since the guy had a gun (which he later picked back up after putting it down and then moved towards the officers), one of the officers shot the guy in self-defense. While most people claim that officers will generally avoid using lethal force, it depends on what the person has, whether a knife, bat, gun. In this case, since the guy had a gun and picked it up, it is much more likely than someone with a knife who got shot. Of course, there are many other factors and many could speculate what-ifs, but generally the more of a threat one poses to the public or the first responders, the higher the odds of lethal force being employed.

Reactions: pkmoney
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm pro-ruining-cops'-lives,

and I mean it could work, they kill lots of people who are doing NOTHING, holding phones, holding sandwiches, running away, walking home, holding their children, sleeping, RIP Chairman Fred Hampton,

But please do not do this they hurt people so much, they are professionals at hurting people, do not emulate this.

Reactions: hungry_ghost, Life is pointless and wait.what
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Not a method I would ever consider, but until actually good methods become accessible, I won't blame anyone for choosing something like that.

Reactions: Life is pointless
MrOptions

MrOptions

Let it go. This to shall pass.
Jan 6, 2020
Don't recommend this. There is no guarantee you will be fatally wounded. Then your going to be in some pain and in jail.

Reactions: noaccount and it's_all_a_game
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Ignoring all the moral aspects of it I think it's a really risky thing to do. I know in the US we hear about cops shooting people all the time but I'm sure there are plenty of cases of officers using less lethal tactics like tasers or sprays.

And if you fail or the cop *does* shoot you but you don't die, what then? If you thought your life was ruined before look at it now. I've been put in a mental hospital before, I can imagine jail is much worse. No control over your life at all and little privacy. At that point you can't go with plan B cause you're in custody and now everyone is going to be involved with your situation. What could you even do then??? Nothing. You'd be powerless.

That's so scary. I'd rather die alone in my room than risk all that.

Reactions: eternaltroubador, noaccount and DoNotLet2