K

karel1987

Student
Dec 29, 2020
Hello,

Can you rate my suicide methode:

Hitting a tree with a car with 70 mph. Wil this be deadly?

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Hello,

Can you rate my suicide methode:

Hitting a tree with a car with 70 mph. Wil this be deadly?
50/50. I wouldn't risk it. Could end up worse than dead.

Reactions: Ber0 and Superdeterminist
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Potentially, no guarantees as many variables involved.

Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I don't have technical or educational knowledge but I'm sure you could calculate it like x amount of force against x object moving at x speed + weight of passenger etc etc or something. I'd say, in my opinion, that if you remove your seatbelt and ram a car into something sturdy at 70 mph, you have a decent chance of death. But I've heard of people surviving car crashes that have been much worse. Although more unlikely, a high speed crash is survivable, and I personally wouldn't risk it. My reason is imagine surviving and being left without limbs or perhaps in a vegetative state, or perhaps you are pinned against something and bleed out, or it doesn't kill you right away. If you're looking for a quick and painless death, it sounds like quite a coin toss, like Good4Nothing said, it's "50/50" and it's not a gamble I'd personally take.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'd go CO in a car - more reliable I think

Reactions: Isadeth
K

karel1987

Student
Dec 29, 2020
Oke, i think that i go for the SN methode.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
There is no 100% way to say that you will 100% die with any realistic method that the average person has access to achieving. People have lived jumping from planes with no parachute when others have died falling from 2 stairs. It's all a crapshoot. Nobody here can tell you that you will for sure die, or even highly likely as the reality is with car accidents there are so many variables. Type of car, airbags, your weight, speed, what you hit (including size, density, etc), exact speed, etc. There's no method that you have complete control over is the reality. You just have to accept there's always going to be unknown variables that we don't have control over. I personally would never try to CTB by car accident, way too much chance for just maiming yourself and ending up paralyzed, with amputations, or burns all over your body. There's are things that are far worse than where you are now, trust me. There's always will be things worse than where we are now.

Reactions: karel1987 and Hyperbunny