M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
If you faced several years in prison in solitary a with no psych meds would you try to suicide before?

Reactions: Sick Boy
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I believe so. Is this a hypothetical? Is it the the US? It doesn't sound like it because I thought you would have to be in gen pop & do something wrong to get placed there. I know solitary is absolutely brutal according to everything I've heard or seen.

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Without a doubt. I've been on sertraline for over 10 years, and just the thought of the inevitable SSRI withdrawal alone would make me run like hell to that bus stop.

Reactions: adam
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
If the prison is located in Norway, I would choose the prison over ctb.

Reactions: Strumgewehr, Manaaja, Deleted member 4288 and 3 others
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Rather solitary instead of gen pop so I don't get picked on and beat up and but rape

Reactions: Cevapcici
M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
I believe so. Is this a hypothetical? Is it the the US? It doesn't sound like it because I thought you would have to be in gen pop & do something wrong to get placed there. I know solitary is absolutely brutal according to everything I've heard or seen.
Someone framed me. It's not hypothetical..
Rather solitary instead of gen pop so I don't get picked on and beat up and but rape
True but solitary makes people go crazy. The guards physically and mentally torture.
Someone framed me. It's not hypothetical..

True but solitary makes people go crazy. The guards physically and mentally torture.
USA
If the prison is located in Norway, I would choose the prison over ctb.
That's what I've heard. USA where prison are hell

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja, NoOneKnows and Bedlamb
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
What a horrible situation to be in. Do you have an attorney?

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
If you faced several years in prison in solitary a with no psych meds would you try to suicide before?
Solitary is only for extremely dangerous or misbehaving prisoners. I don't think you'd be put there ever.
Well that's bad ofc but in most cases solitary is worse than being with criminals

Reactions: Mogley26
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Solitary is only for extremely dangerous or misbehaving prisoners. I don't think you'd be put there ever.

Well that's bad ofc but in most cases solitary is worse than being with criminals
Why is solitary worse? I already spend all day every day alone in my tiny room right now, I don't need any social interaction. If I was in solitary I'll just daydream and sleep all day

Reactions: Mogley26
Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Student
Oct 19, 2018
If the prison is located in a first world country i may try for a while to see if i can survive without the meds

Reactions: Mogley26 and Spiko
housecat

housecat

Apr 5, 2019
I would give it a go and not ctb unless I knew the conditions were horrific. It would be a bit of a test to see if I could handle it. The uncertainty would be a bit unnerving though.

Reactions: Strumgewehr and Mogley26
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Given the situation and circumstances, then I would say being dead is better than being in prison and suffering through it. Personally, if I was going to prison, I would CTB not just because the time there is horrible, but it means my life has become much more difficult than before, even after prison, such as having a criminal record, unable to get hired/make a living, not being able to get housing in a lot of places, loss of certain rights (right to bear arms), and these aren't even considering the social repercussions and other things.

Reactions: Nova
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
This might not be much of a help, but maybe try meditation? During my worst times I would meditate 8+ hours a day. At one point it's almost just like sleeping.

Then again I was not locked up alone against my will like that, I can only imagine how tough that is...

Last edited:
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Why is solitary worse? I already spend all day every day alone in my tiny room right now, I don't need any social interaction. If I was in solitary I'll just daydream and sleep all day
I know you said you spend all day alone but I still think the change would be massive. You wouldn't be able to speak to people here.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yes. Having to withdraw off psych meds is bad enough without having to do it in prison.