AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
I have alopecia and I'm a female
I look really bad, I'm already not good looking but my hairloss makes me look freakish.
Also I've been abandoned and betrayed by my family and ex boyfriend. I can't rely on anyone I'm on my own. I just wish I could disappear I don't know how to end it.
I have PANIC attacks everyday especially when I look in the mirror or see any pictures and it's probably making my hairloss worse

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Blue Elephant, rabbit_feet, アホペンギン and 9 others
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
I'm sorry to hear that.Is there no cure for that?

AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that.Is there no cure for that?
There is no cure for alopecia, I suspect I have a kind of immune disorder alopecia that has no possibility for even treatment. The other kinds of alopecia (genetic) may or may not respond to treatment but it's forever and may have side effects

Reactions: lachrymost
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly don't believe that other people can be relied on, it's dreadful how they just create more suffering, existence is certainly too cruel, it's really understandable just wishing to disappear.

Reactions: myusername890, AlePizarnik, Lynx. and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
You might have some options, such as a wig or hair piece. You could also try going with a shaved look. Best of wishes and luck. Sorry about your ex and family. Relatable.

AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
You might have some options, such as a wig or hair piece. You could also try going with a shaved look. Best of wishes and luck. Sorry about your ex and family. Relatable.
I can barely get out of bed to go to work, I don't have the money or the willpower to wear these wigs. I also have an ugly face so the shaved look is probably going to make me disgusting and kill my job prospects

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I can barely get out of bed to go to work, I don't have the money or the willpower to wear these wigs. I also have an ugly face so the shaved look is probably going to make me disgusting and kill my job prospects
Relatable. What about a baseball cap? You can get one cheap, quick & easy purchase from amazon, etc. Best of wishes!

AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
Relatable. What about a baseball cap? You can get one cheap, quick & easy purchase from amazon, etc. Best of wishes!
I'm a woman, are you for real that a baseball cap is going to make my life normal? come on!

• Love
Reactions: sash and lachrymost
AlePizarnik

AlePizarnik

Nov 8, 2018
It's supposed to cover up your alopecia, obviously, and it works for men that are almost fully bald. If you're more bald than a fully bald man then I guess nothing can help you. So rude ffs. I wish we could all have problems that could be diminished with an amazon purchase. Besides, I know plenty of bald women and ladies that wear baseball caps for fashion. I've got some myself.
because alopecia is my only problem in life. you sound as callous as the life lovers

• Hugs
Reactions: sash
sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
@AlePizarnik
I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. On top of everything else life has flung at you. people can be so cruel.

:hug:

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I am really sorry you are going through this. Your body changing against your will can be a horrific experience.

I had immune related hair loss after a traumatic experience and JAK inhibitors allowed me to regrow all my hair. There are treatments that can make hair loss more manageable.

J

Jenny 1234

Sep 12, 2023
I have had hair loss in the past. It is really devastating

• Hugs
Reactions: Meretlein
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Sorry to hear that you're going through this, seeing your body change against your will in a negative way can be very bothersome and make you feel terrible about yourself, causing panic attacks and causing you to be suicidal.

I am aware that there are some treatments for alopecia but no cure. Have you tried these treatments yet?

• Hugs
cursedcure

cursedcure

palliative care
Oct 8, 2023
i feel you, i've had hairloss due to stress and scalp picking from crippling anxiety, it really takes a toll on a person

• Hugs
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@AlePizarnik Why don't you try shaving your head like @Suicidebydeath suggested? I've seen girls with very very short hair and they look good, I mean I like them.

• Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath