F

falloftrom

Dec 14, 2023
Hello!

This message is being sent as a personal responsibility, but also with respect for the paths you are choosing, and the right to choose your path :)

I want to firstly mention that, in line with the philosophy of this website, I am "pro-choice" when it comes ones right to live or die. I'm Canadian, a healthcare worker, and support the MAID program. I struggle with my own depression and have first hand experiences with suicidal thoughts. I am still figuring that out.

I used the word suicide in my title instead of "CTB" such as I use the words death, or dying, instead of "passing away". There is no use skirting around things that may seem uncomfortable.

This forum, as other forums in society (ie. Sports leagues, anime conventions, concerts, etc.) is meant to bring a community together who have common experiences, a common language, and to share knowledge and support. As someone who belongs to this community, we definitely have a responsibility to encourage informed choices among our peers.

Just as pay to win video games or drug dealers exploit the vulnerable minority, we also have to be careful not to exploit the vulnerable minority into making long term, permanent decisions, without informed consent.

As a healthcare worker, informed consent considers many things, for example: Is the person of the maturity, or in a state to make an informed decision regarding suicide?...Does the person know the risks of suicide?... Does the person know the alternatives of suicide?

For example, you may consider asking the following questions
1) Are the problems leading you to suicide transient? --- pain from broken relationships, loss of loved ones, grief, tend to be temporary in nature
2) Are you under 30 years old? -- Will you still be impacted by depression or current life problems when you are 40? 50? Is it worth holding out for 10 more years in comparison to the infinity of death?
3) Is there anything you haven't tried before you make a final decision? -- have you tried therapy? Have you tried to network and join an organized group (sports, video games, etc)?
4) Have you exhausted all options? Have you ever left your comfort zone? If there is nothing left to lose, is it worth leaving your comfort zone?

Anyways, as I said, I know many of you are mature and have gone through these thoughts processes. Please consider the benefits, the risks, and the alternatives to suicide for yourself, and the people you communicate with. I believe in choosing your fate, but it needs to be a long journey of trial, error, and contemplation. Please do not be complicit in the death of children, or young adults, without considering ethical principles.

Thank you and goodluck :):)

• Informative
Reactions: bebebeep and LifeCouldBeADream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If someone sees suicide as the "last resort" for themselves then that doesn't mean that view automatically applies to other people, in my case I'd see suicide as a rational solution to prevent all future unnecessary suffering, I don't understand the people who act like existence is a desirable state in the first place as to me it could never be.

And after all nobody is obligated to continue existing anyway, as isn't like we could have ever consented to being burdened with the ability to exist. In my case I'd always prefer to not exist, wanting to die is all that feels right to escape from the cruelty and futilty of existing, only the existing are capable of suffering after all and not the dead.

Reactions: Unknown21, Rogue Proxy, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

2) Are you under 30 years old? -- Will you still be impacted by depression or current life problems when you are 40? 50? Is it worth holding out for 10 more years in comparison to the infinity of death?
what if the problems progress significantly even past age 30, 40 and going into 50, will holding out on hope 10 years later that most problems I have now will be gone even be the significant difference when I could have new problems that could be worse? Like @FuneralCry , I agree suicide being a rational reason to prevent all future suffering so that way, there's no need to wait 10 or 20 or 30 or 50 more years.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I'm old my life is irreparably fucked it's not just the correct informed decision it's a necessity at this point.