Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I am sure I saw a comment here or image recently about this, but Ill be damned if I can find it

I keep reading on social media that suicide rate is up by 30% min since covid or in the thousands because of covid. is this true? I am sure I read here it's not, and it's scaremongering, I want to find the info so if its false info I can share my own info or something like that!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Disappointered, XYZ, imacrybaby and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I dunno if it's 30% but for sure it went up. I also read about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Jumper Geo
redbutterfly

redbutterfly

Jul 31, 2020
There are definitely more attempts and successful suicides yes. All the psych wards are completely full here

• Hugs
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020

This article mentions the pandemic. It also mentions suicide figures during the pandemic may actually be lower due to inquests being delayed.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Suicide rates always go up during times of social strife. I think with Covid it would be particularly prevalent because of the nature of the problem. A lot of people avoid their issues by working full-time. Suddenly you might have lost your job or you're forced to work at home for those 40+ hours. Maybe you realize that you don't love the man or woman you married. Maybe you hate where your life is. Maybe you realize that your job isn't fulfilling for you. A lot of people are on auto-pilot through most of their lives. I would argue that most people are and being forced to engage with yourself when you spend your life avoiding introspection can be an ugly experience. Similarly, but perhaps a mundane point would be that for most people getting out at the weekend or for holidays is the only way they can relax. If you remove someones catharsis, all that stress and negativity tends to pile up.

Reactions: opiatedreamz, GravityUtilizer, TheSoundofTime and 16 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Lockdown was good for my anxiety so it probably just kept me from suicide

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, opiatedreamz, ZardozOmega and 4 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Lockdown was good for my anxiety so it probably just kept me from suicide

its the same for me, if it wasn't for lockdown I most likely wouldnt be here!

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo, antigone_iris and sadworld
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I think if i was living alone i would ctb during lockdown tbh. For me it's not because of the pandemic or whatever but more like there's a chance for me to be alone without anyone checking on me. Though probably my family would want me home but i would have at least a few days for myself... Idk for sure tho but I'm not surprised if suicide rates went up. There's a lot of shit going on

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
Ye I heard sucidie rate went up during the pandemic, and even heard about specific cases here and there in facebook, I guess it makes sense due to the situation.
I also read that divorce rate goes really up too... People realize they cant stand their spouse when they are forced to stay with them for such long times lol

• Hugs
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I am sure I saw a comment here or image recently about this, but Ill be damned if I can find it

I keep reading on social media that suicide rate is up by 30% min since covid or in the thousands because of covid. is this true? I am sure I read here it's not, and it's scaremongering, I want to find the info so if its false info I can share my own info or something like that!

I wrote this thread about suicides in the UK hitting epedemic levels could easy be 50% higher than previous years but will have to wait until 2022 for any proof lol if they publish it at all, a nations shame.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/uk-pandemic-suicide-rates.50746/

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Silvermorning, TJuk, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
SN or RB

SN or RB

Oct 28, 2020
It's made going and starting a new life nearly impossible at the moment. So if we have made mistakes, it is much harder to distance ourselves from them and start fresh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning and Jumper Geo
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Lockdown made me feel less shitty for being a NEET since everyone has to be a NEET as well

• Hugs
Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Jumper Geo
NA90

NA90

Can you hear the wolf cry in a moonlight night?
Nov 1, 2020
Halloween was banned, curfews, masks mandatory even in the streets. What happened to our planet? People are losing their jobs and have no money to feed their children. I think Christmas and New Years also should be cancelled. There's nothing to celebrate anymore. 2 more months and I'm out. I've had enough. Guess I'll be among the statistics.
I wrote this thread about suicides in the UK hitting epedemic levels could easy be 50% higher than previous years but will have to wait until 2022 for any proof lol if they publish it at all, a nations shame.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/uk-pandemic-suicide-rates.50746/

Cheers

Geo
50% goodness me! :aw:

Reactions: Jumper Geo and All washed up
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Halloween was banned, curfews, masks mandatory even in the streets. What happened to our planet? People are losing their jobs and have no money to feed their children. I think Christmas and New Years also should be cancelled. There's nothing to celebrate anymore. 2 more months and I'm out. I've had enough. Guess I'll be among the statistics.

Also pubs closed, no spectator sport, no meeting friends, no travelling.
People are going spare.

On a personal level I'm unemployed so it's even worse.

Suicides must be going up and as millions more become unemployed, homeless and ill from things that are ignored due to coronavirus there will probably be more deaths from suicide than coronavirus

• Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, Emily_Numb, TheSoundofTime and 2 others
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
People are going spare.

Suicides must be going up and as millions more become unemployed, homeless and ill from things that are ignored due to coronavirus there will probably be more deaths from suicide than coronavirus
Haha nope

Reactions: Jumper Geo and All washed up
NA90

NA90

Nov 1, 2020
People are going spare.

Absolutely . I wouldn't be surprised they write on our death certificate dead due to corona virus! I don't believe this virus is totally true, something bigger is being hidden from us. But I don't wanna create a conspiracy theory debate. I'm in my early 20s with no future perspectives except one that you probably guessed by now.

Reactions: Disappointered, Jumper Geo and All washed up
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020

Sounds a bit extreme but the figures for Male suicides in the UK was at record levels last year and the ex forces suicide rate was also growing and that was before lockdown and the UK is going into another lockdown which could last until early 2021, the public don't receive the correct facts until years later we get to see and hear if a famous person kills themselves or if it's a murder suicide or they are young and pretty. The homeless people was housed through the first lockdown but I think they will be left on the streets and without people giving them food or money and it's winter in the UK and I don't know if shelters will be open because of social distancing, it looks very bleak for everyone.

Cheers

Geo

• Aww..
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Silvermorning, Homecoming and 1 other person
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I agree something very strange is going on with this virus and the way it's being reported

Absolutely . I wouldn't be surprised they write on our death certificate dead due to corona virus! I don't believe this virus is totally true, something bigger is being hidden from us. But I don't wanna create a conspiracy theory debate. I'm in my early 20s with no future perspectives except one that you probably guessed by now.
Oh yeah something is being hidden from us.
Though the UK government is so incompetent it's hard to know if anyone knows whose hiding what from who and why

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Caspers and Disappointered
NA90

NA90

Nov 1, 2020
I agree something very strange is going on with this virus and the way it's being reported

Oh yeah something is being hidden from us.
Though the UK government is so incompetent it's hard to know if anyone knows whose hiding what from who and why
Not only the UK government. I find it so strange that the country who this virus supposedly came from have almost no cases of it while the rest of the world is alleged to be all spread of it.

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo, Pookie, Emily_Numb and 2 others
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Yes that's too weird. There's something really not right going on.

• Love
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I'm not sure about the specific percentage but this doesnt surprise me given that social isolation has been shown to drive suicidality even in "healthy" individuals. Substance use/abuse is also up, which increases risk for suicide

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Silvermorning and All washed up
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I wrote this on a different thread but I will link it below about Covid-19 it's strange after thousands of years it suddenly infects the World, hahahaha

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-it-messed-up-i-want-trump-to-win.52721/post-960063

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: All washed up and SmellyRat