• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

No_more

May 5, 2019
I've just read on the internet about a pet owner who killed himself because his cat died of a stroke in his arms. His name is Michael McAleese and he posted a video in her memory on YouTube.

I don't want to live when my cat dies. It's going to be unbearable. I love him so much. When he dies I just want to pass away in my sleep.
His cat's name is Sophie.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Soul, puppy9 and 8 others
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I just read about him. Seems there is a lot more to his story than the death of a pet. He was single at 44 and unemployed and his mother had died and he went for years without contact with his sister and who knows what other details might not have been reported.

Losing a pet is very sad. I've felt terrible in years past when I had to euthanize a pet rat who was dying.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, not-2-b-the-answer, blanketyblk and 2 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Yep, pets become part of the family, and it's unbearable when they pass.

Reactions: Asta, Invisible 73, Jen0804 and 1 other person
kolski

kolski

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs
May 27, 2019
I understand how you feel friend. I don't want to live in this hell without my horse. I can't live without her. When she dies, I'm done.

• Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Soul, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I would love to have a pet … especially a cat but since I want to CTB, it would not be fair to it.

Reactions: Strumgewehr and Asta
DoomedxFromBirth

DoomedxFromBirth

Waste of Agony
Jun 1, 2019
I lost my 20 year old cat a couple years ago and it was a very painful blow. I had random times throughout the months where I would just start crying out of no where. I was miserable. I got him cremated. It didnt help that the people that you have to deal with to do the whole process are so whatever about the whole thing.

One thing that kept me from sinking really low was that I have another cat. I threw all my love into her. I got my boy cat tattooed on my arm in rememberance and my girl cat that is still alive on my inner arm. When she goes, which hopefully will be years from now, I will not handle that well. I spoil her and baby her very much.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Soul and blanketyblk
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I love my cats. The older one is fifteen. She is the only reason that keeps me here. She will sit in my lap and lick my chin when I am feeling depressed or sad. It as if she wants to comfort me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Soul and blanketyblk
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
My friend CTB after her cat died. She was really the only thing keeping her going.

When a pet is closer to you than anyone else, it's very hard to come back from.

• Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Soul and DoomedxFromBirth
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I've just read on the internet about a pet owner who killed himself because his cat died of a stroke in his arms. His name is Michael McAleese and he posted a video in her memory on YouTube.

I don't want to live when my cat dies. It's going to be unbearable. I love him so much. When he dies I just want to pass away in my sleep.
His cat's name is Sophie.
Awwww :(" that's so sad. Pet loss is very painful.

Reactions: DoomedxFromBirth
M

mplslonely

Mar 14, 2019
The closest I got to actually going through with a CTB was after I found my 13 year old cat dead after coming home from vacation. My friend had checked in on her every other day and the last visit she was hiding away. I blamed myself and wanted to join her.

After a 5-6 month process the girlfriend finally warmed up to kittens and basically first time in a long time I am not deeply depressed or wanting to CTB

• Hugs
Reactions: Asta, Seaghost and Soul
B

barny

Jun 17, 2019
My cat is irreplaceable, he is so affectionate and kisses me when im sad. I would like a dog and think it would help but not aloud in my flat, plus with working it's probably not fair

deshper

deshper

Mar 14, 2019
My cat died recently. This is the first time I've talked about it, I feel so much pain and guilt over it, it's unbearable. I don't ever talk about it or even let myself really think about it because I cry every time I do. I'm so angry at myself because if I had CTB earlier I wouldn't have had to experience this. I already have so many reasons why I want to go, I didn't need another. I miss him so much. Everything feels emptier without him.

• Aww..
Reactions: Asta
N

No_more

May 5, 2019
Thank you for your replies. Sorry to read about your losses.