SnarkyPuppy2002

SnarkyPuppy2002

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Jun 17, 2023
So back on June 21st I took myself to a hospital and spent a week in the psychiatric ward there. I was put on lithium and seroquel and it's been an extremely mixed bag. I enjoy the lithium but the seroquel has been a nightmare - It makes me incredibly drowsy to the point that taking it basically knocks me out for the entire day and has impacted my ability to do even basic tasks, it's to a point where I've had to take a medical leave from work because I can't even get out of bed let alone go and do my job. I've been trying my best to take it as prescribed but I've had to skip doses for days or even weeks at a time in order to get literally anything done. I've been taking my lithium as prescribed every single day but I'm noticing over the past few days (especially tonight) that my suicidal thoughts are coming back and they're getting pretty bad again. I'm thinking about going back to the same hospital in the hopes that I can get my medications sorted - is this a good idea? What do I do and what does it mean that my suicidal ideation has come back?

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
So back on June 21st I took myself to a hospital and spent a week in the psychiatric ward there. I was put on lithium and seroquel and it's been an extremely mixed bag. I enjoy the lithium but the seroquel has been a nightmare - It makes me incredibly drowsy to the point that taking it basically knocks me out for the entire day and has impacted my ability to do even basic tasks, it's to a point where I've had to take a medical leave from work because I can't even get out of bed let alone go and do my job. I've been trying my best to take it as prescribed but I've had to skip doses for days or even weeks at a time in order to get literally anything done. I've been taking my lithium as prescribed every single day but I'm noticing over the past few days (especially tonight) that my suicidal thoughts are coming back and they're getting pretty bad again. I'm thinking about going back to the same hospital in the hopes that I can get my medications sorted - is this a good idea? What do I do and what does it mean that my suicidal ideation has come back?
I would speak with your doctor about getting another antipsychotic. I have had success with using Seroquel, but the sedation you mention (along with other side effects) can be so intense that my current doctor was initially very hesitant to put me on it and actually had me try other meds before giving in.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
you can add lithium to an ssri. There is some research that this can boost the ssri.

O

ordaysun

Jul 25, 2023
There are many other medications, so if you can get back to see your doctor they can hopefully try a different one that helps you without making you super sleepy during the day.