A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Describe your suicidal ideation. When? How frequently? What exactly do you think of?

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
All the time since I was 10. Think of ODing, slitting my wrists, hanging...that's more for strong urges. When I'm less emotionally involved in it, I think about night night method (which is my chosen method). Planning, visualizing, preparing. And also random stuff like "Oh, I should jump out of this car and onto the highway" or "Let's walk into traffic." As for frequency, every day, most of the day.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, lovemelovemenot and Beautifulletdown
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
I think about the same methods as well. I first thought about killing myself by gun at age 10. My thoughts would be inconsistent at best throughout my life but now I think about ctb all the time. I have images of shooting myself in the head, ODing, slitting my wrists or hanging myself from a tree in the backyard.

lovemelovemenot

lovemelovemenot

what's the use...?
Jun 22, 2019
Everyday, throughout the day. I work near some train tracks and a bridge and always imagine just walking out and stepping infront of an oncoming train or jumping off the bridge. That, or stepping infront of a moving semi. When I was younger it'd be slitting my throat open or something. Now that I have a plan, I think about the moment I go through with that often too.

A

AsexualBarbieBoy

Jun 7, 2019
All the time. My most frequent daily thought. I know Im worthless and should die. My fantasies used to involve jumping but since choosing Sn I usually think about just crawling into bed and never waking up.

Reactions: Camille Lejeune and pleasethistime
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Interesting thread, my question though does suicidal ideation mean serious suicidal thoughts or does it bare down to simply the idea and potential attention seeking,
I ask as after a failed attempt, so well mannered asshat decided to tell me I was going though suicidal ideation and my attempt wasn't serious.
Is there a difference between the this and the actual attempt of or am I missing something?
I constantly think about the way I want to CTB and I constantly replay it and plan it... I want to follow it through its just finding the right moment, does that mean then i am only suffering the ideation side of it?

I am drunk and confused... help!

N

NEOPOLITAN

Jul 24, 2019
Used to be a member here under a different name...
Back again..
Suicidal Ideation as far as I can tell is defined as the plan, the means/tools are available, and you have intent.
At least this is how it's been presented to me all the times I've been hospitalized for SI.
My plan is either an overdose or partial suspension.
Practiced some more on partial yesterday and feel like I'm getting a little better and a little closer.

FF777

FF777

Death is a natural part of life..
Jul 21, 2019
I usually think about death at least once a day, but I don't picture me actually doing it; Just thinking about the fact that I won't have to be here for too much longer is the part I like thinking about, and it makes me happy to think about it.. My method will be helium though when the time finally comes..

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
When I'm having a very shitty day all I can think about is how peaceful it would be to slowly fade away into blackness via low-suspension or a quick gun shot to the head