Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I've heard people on here that had dreams of committing suicide. I had one last night but it wasn't me committing suicide; I found somebody, I know, hanging. This person isn't even a close friend or anything, just an acquaintance. I've been thinking about this dream all day. Any similar experiences?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Sorry going slightly off topic with my comment. There are people who learn how to lucid dream so that they are aware they are dreaming while in dreamland. It would be a really intense if you were stuck in a bad dream and can't get yourself to wake up. It would also be crazy to have lucid dream about committing suicide.

Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Sorry going slightly off topic with my comment. There are people who learn how to lucid dream so that they are aware they are dreaming while in dreamland. It would be a really intense if you were stuck in a bad dream and can't get yourself to wake up. It would also be crazy to have lucid dream about committing suicide.

Yeah, I heard that you're able to do that but I never believed it was possible to have that much control over your dreams. Is there a methodology to doing this?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
You start by doing a dream journal and documenting all your dreams as soon as you wake up. Then there's the reality check. For example, you can choose to count your fingers as your check. In real life you're going to count 5 fingers and your hands will look and feel normal. In the dream world, your hand may end up having more fingers etc. You perform these reality checks several times a day and eventually it was translate over into your dreams.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi