Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Feeling worse tonight (it's 10pm over here) and I haven't felt this dreary in awhile. Can't say I have moments where I'm "happy" but indifferent, distracted sure...then when I'm by myself it all comes back.

how are you feeling? Do you get sudden onset moments of sadness? I feel like I'm in a very dark place and I'm here posting to hopefully slow the thoughts down.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollow Point, Deleted member 14177, mesohappy and 5 others
CatchTheBus

CatchTheBus

If I could start over, I’d keep myself
Jan 14, 2020
I can relate! I have BPD so my moods change drastically hour to hour. I'm in a bad place right now too. My SN won't be here for a week and I'm getting antsy. I just want to be done already.
I'm sorry you're going through this too! It's so hard to pull yourself out when you hit a dark spot. I'm on here too to help with my thoughts. Distractions are a good way to redirect the mind...for the time being.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hollow Point, Pryras, highlyvolatile and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I often bury, overlook, or straight ignore my negative emotions. I find that eventually they'll build up and something small will trigger them. When they trigger it feels exactly like a tidal wave of emotions roll over me.

I've got a few things I do to help cope and or mitigate the problem. But I feel like I still need to work on a more permanent solution to these problems. Talking helps sure, but I still don't think it would be enough on its own.

• Love
Reactions: Hollow Point and Pryras
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Feeling worse tonight (it's 10pm over here) and I haven't felt this dreary in awhile. Can't say I have moments where I'm "happy" but indifferent, distracted sure...then when I'm by myself it all comes back.

how are you feeling? Do you get sudden onset moments of sadness? I feel like I'm in a very dark place and I'm here posting to hopefully slow the thoughts down.

Last night reminded me of were I truely am, and it scares the hell out of me now, the feeling the emotions, today I am just getting by, but every so often I have to hold back tears, or the anxiety threatens to pay a visit.
The thoughts are a bitch. You are not alone with this for sure

• Love
Reactions: Hollow Point and Pryras
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I often bury, overlook, or straight ignore my negative emotions. I find that eventually they'll build up and something small will trigger them. When they trigger it feels exactly like a tidal wave of emotions roll over me.

I've got a few things I do to help cope and or mitigate the problem. But I feel like I still need to work on a more permanent solution to these problems. Talking helps sure, but I still don't think it would be enough on its own.

I understand completely and this perfectly describes it. It's been years since the event that triggered my sadness and while Im functional some days I get nights like this where it's too much. You can't forget trauma, and I'm not okay with making peace with it. Damage has been done and I'm suffering. Talking helps in moment I agree, but eventually we all go back into that headspace which fricken sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Hollow Point
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018

Literally same!
I bottle everything up too, but once the bottle breaks, which is not a question of "if", but a question of "when", shit hits the fan.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Hollow Point
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I cant say I relate anymore. I'm not sure if I'm in better control of my emotions, or I'm starting to feel less of them...but i tend to be in the same mood all the time. Even if shits going rough or great, it's always meh.

• Love
Reactions: Pryras
TStorm

TStorm

Fading Light
Mar 18, 2020
I used to get really sad, but now I don't feel much of anything. I feel like any emotions I express are only shallow facades. Recently however I kept having crying fits either at work or as soon as I got home because people are being so mean to me. They want to yell at someone for the world going to hell and I guess that means me. Makes me feel even worse about myself cause I can't do anything about it. I can't fix anything. I guess that's why I joined here, if I talk about this stuff the bad thoughts are lessened.

Other things I do to help when I get into that mood is to distract myself. Read a book. Play Animal Crossing. Work on some art. Anything that can silence my thoughts. It gets worse when I lay down to sleep, so I haven't been sleeping much, but I listen to YouTube or podcasts while trying to sleep. I find it difficult to sleep with noise, but the voices in my head are much louder so I do what I can.

• Love
Reactions: Pryras