Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Ok so Amazon's being fucking useless so I'll see if anyone here knows the answer.

I bought a cat hammock and got pissed off because it wasn't sticking to my damn window (that's not very safe for my kitties and they need to be happy and safe) so I bought some double sided stickers and well... Now it's too safe. It's installed on an angle and I can't get it off. ;-;:pfff:

I have a bit of time to figure it out the kitties aren't here yet to use it, I'm just setting it up for them. Does anyone have any ideas so my girls can be comfy, happy, safe and all that good stuff?

• Love
Reactions: The end !
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Maybe get bigger suction cups? So that it has bigger space to leech onto. Idk what else that wouldn't be permanent could be used. Make install some hooks or something:/ but I guess that would still be permanent.
Try wetting the suction up, sometimes it's dry and smooth and won't stick but it needs to feel like tacky so that it sticks to glass

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Maybe get bigger suction cups? So that it has bigger space to leech onto. Idk what else that wouldn't be permanent could be used. Make install some hooks or something:/ but I guess that would still be permanent.
Try wetting the suction up, sometimes it's dry and smooth and won't stick but it needs to feel like tacky so that it sticks to glass
The problem is they won't come off the window right now. I don't care if they get destroyed I have 2 more. I just need them off the window so I can make the hammock straight. If it helps I should be able to get a pic in about 30 mins.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: The end ! and Nymph
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
You need to break the vacuum to released the hold. Could you use a sharp knife under the edge, i little lift should get some air in to release

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and Deleted member 94
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
You need to break the vacuum to released the hold. Could you use a sharp knife under the edge, i little lift should get some air in to release
i doubt the vaccum is the problem. theres a really sticky sticker underneath that wont let the window go. see the air bubbles? thats the sticker. 20210113 090056

Last edited:
  • Love
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
i doubt the vaccum is the problem. (hang on ill attach picture)
Yes, misread your post sorry. I'm thinking acetate (nail varnish remover) or wd40, get tape real wet with either, leave and see if you pry off then. Or steam it maybe? I've never found a tape strong enough to keep shower caddy held to the tiles

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Yes, misread your post sorry. I'm thinking acetate (nail varnish remover) or wd40, get tape real wet with either, leave and see if you pry off then. Or steam it maybe? I've never found a tape strong enough to keep shower caddy held to the tiles
these are the problem. way too sticky lol
Stickers

Last edited:
  • Love
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
On the plus, at least you know it will hold strong enough for kitten

• Love
Reactions: The end !, Deleted member 94 and Life_and_Death
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
White spirit could also be used. When trying to remove, hold firmly and pull from opposite side, try to stretch it as you pull. Hope something helps

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and Life_and_Death
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
Did you get them off in the end?

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, Deleted member 94 and LittleBabyNothing
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
I wanna see a pic when kitty arrives...

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I wanna see a pic when kitty arrives...
It won't be for a little bit. We just got the washer and dryer moved in yesterday but I can PM you a pic once the kitties get here.

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and LittleBabyNothing