YoungJijii

YoungJijii

Nov 15, 2022
What are the success rates of different ctb methods such as jumping, doing it by train, etc?

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Jump from high enough and you will die. Some trains have some kind of way of preventing people from CTB but not all. Hanging is probably the most used. What it really comes down to is you SI and whether you can overcome it or not.

Reactions: Done_Surviving
loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
Jump from high enough and you will die. Some trains have some kind of way of preventing people from CTB but not all. Hanging is probably the most used. What it really comes down to is you SI and whether you can overcome it or not.
Determination is what counts in suicide. That will decide if your effort will succeed yes or no.

Reactions: Done_Surviving
M

MaybeYesMaybeNo

Sep 27, 2023
Amazon product ASIN 0786709405
This is the book I read before I found this place.

Has stats you're looking for

Sorry if links aren't allowed; which is why I gave an Amazon one and not any other kinds 😉

• Informative
Reactions: avaruus
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I saw someone shared this in a different thread. (pardon not sourcing. I forgot the thread, but saved the image.) 179347 1695866330639

Last edited:
Reactions: lixt, cherrypiegonnadie and Blue Elephant
Deleted User#81194

Deleted User#81194

Staring into space
May 26, 2023
I saw someone shared this in a different thread. (pardon not sourcing. I forgot the thread, but saved the image.)View attachment 120614
Shotgun and explosives look amazing, do you know if there's anything under 1 second (agony). The Titan implosion was like several 0.000001x10 milliseconds fast, they didn't even know they were dead, I wonder if there's a similar method that's much easier to acquire. All I can think of is certain anesthesia drugs and having someone kill you in your sleep after you lose consciousness.

Though I prefer a much more independent method, there's too much risk trying to involve other people in my plans.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Shotgun and explosives look amazing, do you know if there's anything under 1 second (agony). The Titan implosion was like several 0.000001x10 milliseconds fast, they didn't even know they were dead, I wonder if there's a similar method that's much easier to acquire. All I can think of is certain anesthesia drugs and having someone kill you in your sleep after you lose consciousness.

Though I prefer a much more independent method, there's too much risk trying to involve other people in my plans.
I don't know much about that, but will share if I find something.

Reactions: Deleted User#81194
F

Forgetting5

May 3, 2021
Honestly I wouldn't go by statistics. I think its personal and differs for different people. I've known of cases where it was a simple stab to the stomach before bleeding out.

I have a feeling some of those charts or claims are from pro lifers trying to discourage people by making suicide look a lot harder than it is.

Last edited:
Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
Honestly I wouldn't go by statistics. I think its personal and differs for different people. I've known of cases where it was a simple stab to the stomach before bleeding out.

I have a feeling some of those charts or claims are from pro lifers trying to discourage people by making suicide look a lot harder than it is.
I'm almost certain that the chart shown is from a website that is in the Suicide Resource Compilation.