Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Get into the car and tie a 50 meter polypropylene rope around your neck while sitting on the car seat. Leave the trunk of the car open with the other end tied to a large tree. Accelerate to the maximum. Chance of his head coming off or at least dying?

Reactions: davidtorez, Tonkpils and pthnrdnojvsc
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's probably possible but you sho8udl calculate the forces needed to decapitate you and how fast you actually have to be after 50m accelerating with max horse power.

Can you push the accelerator by yourself with no hesitation? This might also be a question.

Reactions: davidtorez
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Certain. I can push the pedal myself. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to cut off the head or that the rope will break.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well, this is about the most extreme method I've ever heard of. Kudos for that. Kinda doubt it will decapitate you. I don't see how it wouldn't break your neck, though. At some point it seems inevitable that the rope will break, but idk. The force is going to try and pull you into the back seat by pulling you around the front seat, at which point your foot will probably come off the accelerator. Definitely would want to leave the rope slack, so as to create a severe "jerking" motion on your neck once it tightens. No idea how this comes out in the end. Crazy shit.

Reactions: davidtorez, Plato'sCaveDweller and Tonkpils
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Is there a reason you chose this particular way? Does your head need to be decapitated? What happened to the good old fashioned full suspension hanging.

Reactions: davidtorez and Plato'sCaveDweller
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Too much could go wrong... VERY wrong

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Is there a reason you chose this particular way? Does your head need to be decapitated? What happened to the good old fashioned full suspension hanging.
Guarantee death. If decapitation doesn't work, at least I should die by strangulation or being strangled. And then it should be painless, the most important thing

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Guarantee death. If decapitation doesn't work, at least I should die by strangulation or being strangled. And then it should be painless, the most important thing
The most important thing in choosing a method is the statistics, that is what makes up the guarantee, not just theory. The rest is secondary. You need data for how known and effective is it, how many people have died from it and how many survived, is there a report to indicate any of that, why and how did it fail, what is the risk factor? was there permanent damage to the failed attempts, how can one take measures to avoid such failures, what should be followed to insure success...? Be it much or less, you need to have this data so you don't go in blind and I'm guessing the method you have chosen has none of these.

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
The most important thing in choosing a method is the statistics, that is what makes up the guarantee, not just theory. The rest is secondary. You need data for how known and effective is it, how many people have died from it and how many survived, is there a report to indicate any of that, why and how did it fail, what is the risk factor? was there permanent damage to the failed attempts, how can one take measures to avoid such failures, what should be followed to insure success...? Be it much or less, you need to have this data so you don't go in blind and I'm guessing the method you have chosen has none of these.
No, only rare cases.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I don't know about this.. SI is difficult to overcome and I would imagine I would like slow down or do something else half way through, and end up with severe pain and disabilities later on.

If it does work its a pretty spectacular way to go though.

Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
I don't know about this.. SI is difficult to overcome and I would imagine I would like slow down or do something else half way through, and end up with severe pain and disabilities later on.

If it does work its a pretty spectacular way to go though.
I don't have much of a survival instinct, but if it doesn't work and I don't die it's a serious problem.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I don't have much of a survival instinct, but if it doesn't work and I don't die it's a serious problem.

How do you know? I also thought I was 100% ready to go and tried partial hanging. But I got up every time right before I was fully out. It's like another part of your brain takes over, I'm not kidding. And almost all people jumping off Golden Gate bridge that survived, all say they regretted their decision the moment they jumped and started swimming to shore.

NoThoughtTooMany

NoThoughtTooMany

The worst
Aug 26, 2023
Get into the car and tie a 50 meter polypropylene rope around your neck while sitting on the car seat. Leave the trunk of the car open with the other end tied to a large tree. Accelerate to the maximum. Chance of his head coming off or at least dying?

I am not a doctor or an expert in vehicle assisted ligature, or an expert on anything...

I found two similar cases in the literature to try and see what might have been the difference between these two. They both died - yes, but one by strangulation after the rope broke and one by decapitation.
An uncommon suicide method: Self-strangulation by vehicle-assisted ligature
Vehicle-assisted ligature decapitation – an unusual case report

There are some interesting similarities between these two cases, but it seems like, based on the reading of the second article there were a couple of differences:

• Despite the second article claiming it was a 20M rope- the car traveled reportedly traveled 42M in a straight trajectory. This make me think that the rope was longer than the first example.

• The placement of the rope seems to be different from the first article, as in the first one, the rope was on the opposite side of the driver - which could have caused more shear stress, eventually leading to the rope breaking before decapitation.

So, I would say make sure the positioning of the rope is on the drivers side, or can be tied through the back of the car, as this would give you a straighter line - leading to less shear stress. Then I would make sure the rope is able to handle the forces applied, it is long enough, and that I removed the headrest.

Romanticize

Romanticize

Aug 22, 2024
cut off the head is not necessary, breaking the neck is enough- quick and painless. You need a nylon climbing rope which can withstand 1000-2300 kg of force.

Id estimate full decapitation at 20-40%, but death at 95-99%. Depends also on your car, if in those 50m, your car can only be going 30-40 kmph thats bad, but if anything above 50, death is almost guaranteed.

EDIT: to guarantee 50kmh speed after a 50m distance (from 0 speed) you need a car that has an acceleration from 0-100 km/h of at least 13.5s or so. The faster the better of course.

Last edited:
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
cut off the head is not necessary, breaking the neck is enough- quick and painless. You need a nylon climbing rope which can withstand 1000-2300 kg of force.

Id estimate full decapitation at 20-40%, but death at 95-99%. Depends also on your car, if in those 50m, your car can only be going 30-40 kmph thats bad, but if anything above 50, death is almost guaranteed.

EDIT: to guarantee 50kmh speed after a 50m distance (from 0 speed) you need a car that has an acceleration from 0-100 km/h of at least 13.5s or so. The faster the better of course.
La mia auto: Accelerazione 0-100 km/h: 8,90 sec.
I can take this 100 meter rope to reach more speed. Can he go? LQSSA Static Rope 100M Climbing Rope, 8mm Polypropylene Braided Polypropylene Rope Boat Sailing Camping Camping/F/8Mm 100M https://amzn.eu/d/9BQ6zI4

Last edited: