watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
I'll try to make sense.
So I know from experience that I'm stupid. I'm not asking for someone to tell me otherwise, just for advice. I say the wrong things, at the worst moments. I've been told and I know it. I try to deal with it and I learned to shut up in most situations. All of it should be ok if I wasn't so jealous. So jealous of everyone who just says whats on their mind. I have so much trouble putting whats on my mind into words. Maybe it's just because there's not much in there.
And I hate it. I wish I could just say the 'right' things. Or funny. Or interesting. Whatever. All I've done so far is make a fool of myself. I can't talk about anything without people laughing at me. And I don't even understand why and feel alone.

I tried my best this time but havent really been able to say what I feel exactly. Hopefully someone understands and can help me. I'm really lost.

So yeah advice. How can I put what's on my mind into words? Is it ok to just shut up in most situations or does it make it worse?

• Hugs
Reactions: Xocoyotziin, Hopeindeath!, sadworld and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I don't talk much around people actually,
Only the stuff that I have to say.

I find people's teasing towards each other quite bitter sometimes.
In a attempt to intimidate/show off to gain more power over others.
Or perhaps that's only the hospitality industry,
I do not know.

Reactions: Xocoyotziin, sadworld and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I think I understand. I struggled with social cues and pained over my interactions for years. Honestly, it's only really recently that I have grown more comfortable with the things I say. If what you say is causing a poor response then it seems like you are already taking that into account. You are struggling, but it seems as if you are trying to refine your social skill into something that both you and other people are comfortable with. This is natural and normal and you can take confidence in that. You're doing fine.

My best friend struggled with similar issues from his early teens. He got kicked out of several schools and so on. He's still the same. He says wild things, but he has learned to say them in such a way that they're funny or not as crass. It's just a learning process that takes time. Furthermore, he's around people that fit his personality. If you are around people that don't understand your ways, then you are going to have poor experiences. This is true of all personality types.

The moral of the story is that you're not doing anything wrong. You seem to be analysing your behaviour and trying to come up with solutions. That's exactly what you're supposed to be doing. That's extremely healthy behaviour. So, good job!

The best advice I can give you is not to worry so much. There will come a time in the future when you look upon these days and think to yourself, I was worrying too much. You'll find a way to communicate as you want eventually. Don't beat yourself up is the first step, though. Don't call defeat before you've started to refine yourself.

Reactions: sadworld
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
I wouldn't worry much about pleasing anyone that's going to laugh at you, no crew to fit in with there. You type well enough, you're not dumb. I'd just focus on yourself the best you can until you're at a different place or in better company.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How can I put what's on my mind into words? Is it ok to just shut up in most situations or does it make it worse?
I say the wrong things, at the worst moments. I've been told and I know it.

Why even worry about what other people think? You don't gain anything from it. Just blurt out anything. Who cares? Stop worrying about it. Realize others opinions of you matter not at all.

Just be as kind as possible when you speak. That should be the one rule you have.

If you are at work and want to impress others there, say nothing at all. Just stay silent.

Last edited: