Are there more Wheels or more Doors right now in the world?

• Total voters
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The internet has been torn asunder by this conundrum so I thought it shocking that SS has yet to weigh in on it. Which are there more of? Doors or wheels? This is purely about the quantity of each and not which invention is actually better. Simple question but the answer itself is likely impossible to actually solve without conjecturing with statistics and making broad generalizations. Let's hope we can be respectful to each other.

Things to consider:
-Gears are wheels
-Most drawers have wheels in them
-Tires are not wheels, they just go over actual wheels
-Wheels were apparently invented 6000 years ago while doors were invented 4000 years ago
-Cabinets and refrigerators all have doors.
-Sliding doors (even ones that use wheels) and some types of windows also count.
-Some microorganisms travel through natural wheels but if that's allowed then so should the valves in arteries and other tissue be considered as doors.
-Transistors in computer chips could also arguably be classified as doors.

Personally, while my mind thinks that the logical answer should be the wheels, my heart wants it to be doors. I don't know why.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake, GenesAndEnvironment, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
Hangnailinajar

Hangnailinajar

How far would you go,if I died tomorrow?
Mar 4, 2022
Wheels,I thought instantly about how often wheels come in pairs and usually come in multiple pairs so that's almost at least four each and everytime.(not always of course.) It depends what counts as a door, and what counts as a wheel.. Do we include ones that are toys? on Compact bows? etc... Doors that are tiny? drawn? etc...In the world implies everything is included....including broken doors..doors being made as we speak.Makeshift doors homeless/survival sheltered people use.... lego doors....you could count some child's art project.. "Look my mommy it's a door"... The band The doors does it count? Does the words being in books,used in langauge count? Dictionaries have those words.. do we count the word "door" and the word "wheel" in every langauge....? I hate myself because I take these "fun" questions ...I take them far too.seriously I want answers.. none of this open ended team Jacob team edward re-run garbage.. I want the official and final answer...someone odda count every wheel...and door..cause I need to know the answer........

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Dr Iron Arc
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
DOORS ! Cause there's lots of houses these days like so many n you need to have to have some door for privacy.. wheels dont offer that and not everyone are able to afford stuff that contain wheels ie cars etc so i vote doors^^

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Nemeshisu and Dr Iron Arc
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I had no idea that this was even a question... you need both, and they are such wildly different things as far as how each functions... I am not sure I understand. Are you asking if we could only pick one for the rest of our lives? Are you asking which is better?

It's a bit like asking shoes, or hot dog? Water, or purple? T-shirts or traffic signals?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
When SS is beginning to get consumed by morbid political arguments, sudden outbursts of offensive language and multiple discussions on the latest forum member drama, you can always count on @Dr Iron Arc to provide us with better topics for debate. You and @suicidol are absolute stars, I swear :))

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, silent staring void, ............. and 6 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Most doors have hinges and doorknobs which are wheels, so speen supremacy it is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I had no idea that this was even a question... you need both, and they are such wildly different things as far as how each functions... I am not sure I understand. Are you asking if we could only pick one for the rest of our lives? Are you asking which is better?
Ah, maybe I should have been more clear. It's not at all about which are better, only about which there are more of. Quantity over Quality. Both wheels and doors are great inventions obviously.

When SS is beginning to get consumed by morbid political arguments, sudden outbursts of offensive language and multiple discussions on the latest forum member drama, you can always count on @Dr Iron Arc to provide us with better topics for debate. You and @suicidol are absolute stars, I swear :))
Thank you Nessie, I was actually planning to make this thread yesterday but felt it would have been better to wait a little bit. šŸ˜…

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Hmm... in that case I say doors. For every wheeled vehicle, it's going to contain likely more doors than wheels. A car for example, four wheels, four doors... until you count in the trunk/boot, the gas flap, the glove compartment, etc.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Doors because it's more fun, more room and puzzle

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Dr Iron Arc and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
It HAS to be wheels, right? Because it's not just vehicles that have wheels. Like there are shopping carts and wheelbarrows and stuff.

Reactions: demuic, Rogue Proxy, Nemeshisu and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Wheels. I mean cookies are also wheels, if you turn them on their side and roll them. I love cookies.

• Informative
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Dr Iron Arc
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I like the fact that technically we can count windows as doors. You know, they grant access to entry when they are opened. So, that's some thief logic here, but anything can be door if you're smart enough, i guess.

It's unfortunate that there are probably far more objects that we can count as wheels.

Unless...does every definiton of door count. You know, door is methapor for opportunity. And according the pro life logic opportunities are supposed to be infinite. Therefore there is infinite number of doors.

• Informative
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Unless...does every definiton of door count. You know, door is methapor for opportunity. And according the pro life logic opportunities are supposed to be infinite. Therefore there is infinite number of doors.
There are many definitions of doors, some people choose to believe that things I listed such as electrical transistors and heart valves qualify as doors. I'm not sure about metaphorical doors but that could also be up for debate. Who knows, maybe all mouths and other orifices are also doors. šŸ˜‰

Toy cars with functioning wheels count for Team Wheels but in the same vein, the many doors within each dollhouse should also count for Team Doors.

Another wrinkle to consider: are doorknobs considered wheels? The answer to this also seems to vary depending on who's being askedā€¦

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Wheels. I mean cookies are also wheels, if you turn them on their side and roll them. I love cookies.
Pardon me if this is off topic, but your post reminded me of one of my favorite Sesame Street songs.

As for the debate, I think there are more wheels than doors in the world. My reasoning includes wheels frequently coming in pairs or groups of pairs, the billions of individual modes of wheeled transportation (e.g. motorized vehicles, cycles, carts, wagons, rollerblades and roller skates, skateboards, wheelchairs, wheeled walkers, ect.), steering wheels in countless devices and vehicles, gears inside of numerous devices, a myriad of wheeled toys like pinwheels, toy vehicles, pull toys, ect., and miscellaneous non-transportation wheels like ferris wheels, contest wheels, stationary bikes, exercise wheels, ect.), and flagellar motors that enable locomotion in flagellates (cells and microorganisms with whip-like appendages called flagella (flagellum for singular)).

I've wondered whether wheels can also be spherical, or if they should always be flat cylinders. If it's the former, the results would be innumerous additions found in nature and civilization (e.g. ball-and-socket joints in endoskeletons and exoskeletons, scarab beetles rolling balls of dung, tumbleweeds, ect.). I stumbled onto an article about Goodyear working on a spherical tire concept.

This next question may be silly, but do visual and linguistic representations of wheels and doors count? Or is this debate strictly focused on physical doors and wheels?

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This next question may be silly, but do visual and linguistic representations of wheels and doors count? Or is this debate strictly focused on physical doors and wheels?
I would personally draw the line there since virtual depictions of wheels and doors make things even more complicated and trying to determine the physical quantity of those things is hard enough. šŸ˜…

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Wheel gang for life, door cucks can fuck off.
Angry Ufc GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime, GrumpyFrog and 5 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
What about the doors of your mind? And cupboard doors? Tent doors? Cave doors? Cellar doors? Loft doors? Wardrobe doors which lead to all the doors in Narnia?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What about the doors of your mind? And cupboard doors? Tent doors? Cave doors? Cellar doors? Loft doors? Wardrobe doors which lead to all the doors in Narnia?
Probably not, Yes, Maybe, Depends, Yes, Yes, and definitely Yes.

Reactions: rationaltake