• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
Hello everyone...

In a recent post, I read a comment that really caught my attention, and this comment is precisely related to the title of this post that you are reading now...

Study, Work, Make an Effort? Is It Worth All the Effort to Get the Basics ?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, so I want you to read it to the end and if possible, I'd like to know if you agree with what I said, or if you disagree with something. It would be an interesting discussion, so let's go...

To begin with, we came into the world against our will and were imposed on society against our will... A society that revolves around capitalism and materialism. In other words, money is and always will be the basis of everything; it is what makes the world go round through the capitalist economy.

The moment you are born, you are already destined to capitalism. You will grow up, you will have to study, you will have to go to college or take a preparatory course, and then you will be able to get a basic job, and in the worst case scenario, you will not even be able to get a job, and this is due to the fact that the world is an unfair place full of inequality, and we all know this, the world is a horrible place.

You try hard to achieve something good in life, but often this effort is not worth it.

It's not worth studying for years to get a job, which in the end will only make you even more tired than you already are...

You go to work, deluded, thinking that you will earn money and use that money to get ahead in life, but that's not how it works. Inflation, prices, everything is very high. It's difficult to even get the basics because of this inequality.

You can see that there are people who work day after day just to pay bills and feed themselves, and they can't use the money to buy material goods that they like and they can't have fun...

The absolute and undeniable truth is that people are no longer living, they have been SURVIVING for years, and as time goes by, it only gets worse and worse. But no one talks about it, people seem to be resigned to this horrible situation !

I myself dreamed of working, earning money and using it to be happy in some way. But then I realized that it's not worth the effort and wasting the energy I barely have, to sit on my ass in an office chair or something like that, working 8 hours or more, to develop fatigue, burnout and other problems, while The boss is filling his ass with the money that I and other people are bringing to HIS company with OUR effort. And at the end of it all, we only earn a minimum wage that is almost not enough for anything, especially if you live in countries where inflation is high and everything is always very expensive, which is my case, unfortunately.

I know that people have dreams and ambitions, and that is what drives human beings. Maybe people only accept this sad reality because they have hope for improvement, but it certainly won't improve now or ever.

If you are reading this and you study or work to try to make a dream come true, I say that you should try, but NEVER, EVER, live on illusions. If you place great expectations on your future and nothing comes true, you will only end up even more destroyed.

Keep in mind that reality is cruel and sad, and we are doomed to be beaten day after day in a society where the weak have no place, and that is why I ask myself and ask you... Is it really worth the effort to have basic things in life? I am not happy and I do not conform to this situation, and you ?

I am weak, and you ? Are you strong enough to be beaten day after day ? I am not, that is why I will ctb one day.

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling, Darkover, ijustwishtodie and 6 others
Gangrel

Gangrel

Student
Jul 25, 2024
As time passes it's being harder and harder to say "yes it's worth it". I can't even live alone even though i work full time in an office, it's hell. Why am i doing this? just so i can get home exhausted and scroll on social media? sometimes i don't even have energy to do my favorite things. All just to make other people rich. To make capitalism work, by design there needs to be class struggle and friction, and i'm fucking sick of it. How do not people see how fucking wrong having billionaires sitting in piles of gold while we are here being basically peasents.

Reactions: Darkover, ijustwishtodie, Loona6546645 and 4 others
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
The inequality accelerated from the 80s, and governments became captured by big money rather than challenge it. The destruction of unions and exploitation of labor has been key to the gross inequality. Productivity went up but wages stagnated. Which means all the rewards/money was being sent upwards to fewer and fewer people. Zero-sum capitalism and economic systems that exist currently are flat out immoral. Capitalism as practiced has failed the masses. Has pitted regular people against each other to boot. Socioworries

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Praestat_Mori, Hunterer and 1 other person
Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
Why am i doing this? just so i can get home exhausted and scroll on social media?
People work for survival reasons. We don't live, we just survive, and as time goes by, the tendency is only to get worse. I believe that if you work, but hate your job and feel tired most of the time, and like me, believe that the system imposed on us is unfair, then you are certainly doing it just for survival, because you will need money to make ends meet and not end up in a worse situation than your current situation. Don't you agree ?

If it's already bad now, if you stop working, it's going to get even worse. And I totally understand that. We're against the system, but there's nothing we can do to change it, because we've been dominated by the system and the world runs on the system.
Capitalism as practiced has failed the masses. Has pitted regular people against each other to boot.
Yes, and this image is the pure truth. And in the future, it will be much worse, and I don't want to be here to see it.

Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It doesn't feel worth it to me- no. It's one of the main reasons I want out and why I hold antinatilist views. I think we actually have very little freedom in life. The majority of us will have to conform to capitalism and the meat grinder end of it. We'll have to give the vast majority of our time to the system for not enough reward. I don't think it's fair to bring a sentient being into that kind of forced labour- slavery basically.

That's what confuses me though. Do all the people that have children think that life is worth it? I can't believe all of them do. If I complain to my Dad about work- he'll immediately tell me how much worse his job was. So- it's like- you must have worked out it was all shit! Why would you want the same for your children?

But then, honestly, I think would-be parents are thinking about what their children would do for them- not so much the other way around. As in- the bond they will have with them. Maybe they think that will be enough to get them and their children through all the things they'll struggle with and hate. I wonder if it worked that way for them and their parents though.

Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie and Praestat_Mori
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
Wild animals' lives revolve entirely around surviving. They pretty much spend their whole day hunting and eating and conserving energy just so they can do it all over again. Unlike us though their brains arent muddled with finding fulfilment or purpose or meaning out of a nothing world. We're basically doing what wild animals are doing only with a shit ton of extra steps AND with a mental illness. So funnn

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, ashtoreth and Praestat_Mori
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Ah we have shared interests I see in the aspect of "life"

You put it all together wonderfully

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Wild animals' lives revolve entirely around surviving. They pretty much spend their whole day hunting and eating and conserving energy just so they can do it all over again. Unlike us though their brains arent muddled with finding fulfilment or purpose or meaning out of a nothing world. We're basically doing what wild animals are doing only with a shit ton of extra steps AND with a mental illness. So funnn
We still live off nature like animals do but we've created an environment around us that forces us to do other things for money sth that we cannot eat or drink but that is essential for us in order to get food and other necessary stuff that nature would still provide for free - we just have to hunt, harvest daily while wandering around.

Well that isn't possible anymore, just imagine 8 billion people wandering around and each family needs arable land and each family hunts in the remaining forests.

We have to do things we don't want to do, we feel being exploited by other, we live a life we are not naturally designed for and many other factor are often causing mental illnesses and depression.

Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie, rokonie and 1 other person
B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
Hello everyone...

In a recent post, I read a comment that really caught my attention, and this comment is precisely related to the title of this post that you are reading now...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, so I want you to read it to the end and if possible, I'd like to know if you agree with what I said, or if you disagree with something. It would be an interesting discussion, so let's go...

To begin with, we came into the world against our will and were imposed on society against our will... A society that revolves around capitalism and materialism. In other words, money is and always will be the basis of everything; it is what makes the world go round through the capitalist economy.

The moment you are born, you are already destined to capitalism. You will grow up, you will have to study, you will have to go to college or take a preparatory course, and then you will be able to get a basic job, and in the worst case scenario, you will not even be able to get a job, and this is due to the fact that the world is an unfair place full of inequality, and we all know this, the world is a horrible place.

You try hard to achieve something good in life, but often this effort is not worth it.

It's not worth studying for years to get a job, which in the end will only make you even more tired than you already are...

You go to work, deluded, thinking that you will earn money and use that money to get ahead in life, but that's not how it works. Inflation, prices, everything is very high. It's difficult to even get the basics because of this inequality.

You can see that there are people who work day after day just to pay bills and feed themselves, and they can't use the money to buy material goods that they like and they can't have fun...

The absolute and undeniable truth is that people are no longer living, they have been SURVIVING for years, and as time goes by, it only gets worse and worse. But no one talks about it, people seem to be resigned to this horrible situation !

I myself dreamed of working, earning money and using it to be happy in some way. But then I realized that it's not worth the effort and wasting the energy I barely have, to sit on my ass in an office chair or something like that, working 8 hours or more, to develop fatigue, burnout and other problems, while The boss is filling his ass with the money that I and other people are bringing to HIS company with OUR effort. And at the end of it all, we only earn a minimum wage that is almost not enough for anything, especially if you live in countries where inflation is high and everything is always very expensive, which is my case, unfortunately.

I know that people have dreams and ambitions, and that is what drives human beings. Maybe people only accept this sad reality because they have hope for improvement, but it certainly won't improve now or ever.

If you are reading this and you study or work to try to make a dream come true, I say that you should try, but NEVER, EVER, live on illusions. If you place great expectations on your future and nothing comes true, you will only end up even more destroyed.

Keep in mind that reality is cruel and sad, and we are doomed to be beaten day after day in a society where the weak have no place, and that is why I ask myself and ask you... Is it really worth the effort to have basic things in life? I am not happy and I do not conform to this situation, and you ?

I am weak, and you ? Are you strong enough to be beaten day after day ? I am not, that is why I will ctb one day.
It's worse. I am someone who studied and worked hard, very hard. Made it into medical school. I have posted my story multiple times I won't repeat myself ad nauseum. But one day people stole it from me literally. No justice, nothing. Now I am broke and near homeless living in a gross board and lodge without a future. "family" and "friends" ran away. I have nobody. I was someone who believed in such things and worked hard to have to taken from me through no fault of my own. The world doesn't care that it was taken though it was illegal the world goes on for them. Thing is maybe it can be worth it but it will require luck. To be successful in this world I think it just requires luck and not much more. Maybe you are but I am not.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes it's worth to make an effort. The younger we are the better it is. But we also need a little bit of luck in life. I've put a lot of effort into my life and into the way I wanted to be successful and how I wanted to live my life - ultimately that failed and I ended up here. I have no willpower to start over again - due to my age it wouldn't be worth the effort and only others would profit off me long term - that, if I became a wage slave. That's a no go for me.

OP you also blame capitalism but what is the alternative? I doubt that people who lived and still live under communism have it any better.

lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
To me it is not worth it by any means. I feel like today's rules of working, achieving, working some more and then die is just plain suffering. I have a small part time job, where I make money for my boss, so he can live a comfortable life, while I am counting my pennies at the end of the month.
I know the rest of the society would say "Sooo? Go ahead and start your own business! You can achieve anything, just don't give up!"
Bullshit. I've tried many times and it doesn't work like that. You have to be very talented, lucky, have some money to invest, etc.. in order to succeed. Most of us are never going to escape the rat race, and again: it's not worth it.
You know I'm trying to see things differently. I am originally a village girl, I love nature, animals and quiet. So I thought to myself: what if I let it all go, and just try to live a nice and comfortable life here in the village, even if I'm broke af, just plant my own veggies and stuff?
Well.
Now I have my own veggies, I kinda let go of the thought of 'success'... But you know what? I am NOT happy. I am still absolutely miserable. There's two reasons for that:
1. I still have to pay a lot to the government, otherwise I won't have access to basic healthcare.
2. No matter how hard I try and not to think about this, I still envy others who have it all. I'm still jealous of people with nice material stuff, being able to go on a holiday, etc... I just can't stop obsessing over their lives - why them? why not me?
I am not lazy, but my body and my mind just refuses to work for someone else. I have autism and it takes all my energy to be around people, so if I were to get a full time "normal" job, I would be dead in a month. I would kill myself for sure.
No matter what I try, I am always alone and unhappy. I refuse to participate in today's society, the "WoRk HArD aNd YoUR dReAms WilL cOmE TrUE" bs.
Nothing ever gets better. Should I really just sacrifice my mental and physical health for 5-10 years of retirement before I eventually die? If this is life, then I don't want it.
No, it's not worth it and I wish I were never born. šŸ˜”

Reactions: sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You've hit the nail on its head with this post. You wrote a top tier post and I agree with every single word that you said. I see work as wage slavery because, lets be honest, all we're really doing is slavery. Slavery never ended but instead manifested into a different form.

Oh, and of course it goes without saying that I do think that it isn't worth it to put in the effort to obtain all of the basics. Life is just a cycle where we wage slave to get just barely enough money to where we can afford basic necessities and that's it. That's where the phrase "living from paycheck to paycheck" has arose from after all

Reactions: sserafim