retVarii

retVarii

So desperate... so lost.
Aug 21, 2024
I don't really know what forum this post belongs on, but I just want to clarify my mental state in addition to my post about parents:

Can't tell if my family is toxic or i am toxic | Sanctioned Suicide (sanctioned-suicide.net)

My life is completely empty. I never do anything productive, and I never feel happy. All i do in my free time is daydream or mindlessly browse the internet to soothe myself, but i never do anything for myself. For most of my life i have been creating little worlds in my head where i would immerse myself, but i have never told anyone about that. I don't talk to anyone. I mean, I have a family which I am bound to speak to, I have gone to school and I study at a university, but that's about it. I don't have anyone I would consider a friend, and I don't know if I even deserve one.

I think all this withdrawal from real life has decayed my brain. I am terrible at recognizing my own feelings, and often can't form my thoughts properly. I can't even assess how severe my problems are. All i see is other people who seem to enjoy their lives, while I have to live like this. I just don't know what it is like to live a normal life. I think I have depression, but I just can't be sure anymore…

I feel stuck. Like i have been locked in a chamber with nothing but a little window through which i get to see how others live, and no one does anything about it. I long for freedom, but the only way out that I see right now is that elusive bus. I am writing all of this to tell you: I want nothing more than to live normally, but I really don't know if that's possible for me.

It's too painful for me to even think of seeking help now. So desperate… so lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death