Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Stress at work, problems, conflicts.

I'm so sick of it all and so broken down. Lately, problems have been piling up, and it's taking a toll on me more than usual. They're not my problems, they are other people's problems, and my job is to solve them. And I'm just sick of people and their issues, their lies and deceit.

But mostly I'm tired of myself. Sadly, I am too ill and emotionally frail to have the strength to look for another job. A simpler one. I know I will suffer here till I die or get fired, which is not likely to happen. If that's not reason enough to hate myself, I don't know what is.

Anyone else stuck at a job they hate but can't leave?

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, searchingfreedom, Pen>Sword and 5 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I have a similar job. All consultant jobs are about putting out other people's fires and as you get used to it their tragedies slowly turn to comedies. You learn to be amused by people's stupidity. The only way through is to see it all as a big show and see your clients as fictional characters.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, ashedout and Callie Arcale
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to be stuck at a classic-office job. I hated it so much but I didn't know any other way to make a living.
Then, I started studying and became a teacher and my own boss and found happiness and no stress at all.

HOWEVER, I had quit that job before that! I was able to make a living by making youtube videos and making flyers and things like that online.

All in all, you can quit your job whenever you want. There are plenty of options out there. I always say this but, there's a friend of mine who makes a decente living out of completing random online surveys!!! Also, there's another one who just types captchas and gets paid a good amount of usd!

Look at all the options and decide what's the best. You can quit the job you hate whenever you want.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, ashedout and Callie Arcale
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Stress at work, problems, conflicts.

I'm so sick of it all and so broken down. Lately, problems have been piling up, and it's taking a toll on me more than usual. They're not my problems, they are other people's problems, and my job is to solve them. And I'm just sick of people and their issues, their lies and deceit.

But mostly I'm tired of myself. Sadly, I am too ill and emotionally frail to have the strength to look for another job. A simpler one. I know I will suffer here till I die or get fired, which is not likely to happen. If that's not reason enough to hate myself, I don't know what is.

Anyone else stuck at a job they hate but can't leave?
I'm in sex work and feel trapped. While it's kind of nice to be able to work as needed I definitely suffer the consequences of doing this. The reason I can't get out is similar to yours. I feel like I'm too far gone to fix my situation. I was planning to exit soon in part because I'm so lonely and isolated most of the time that I can't remain positive or hopeful. I don't want to get older, lonelier, and eventually destitute.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, ashedout, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
The only way through is to see it all as a big show and see your clients as fictional characters.
This is such good advice! You are so right. I wish I could see it all as the circus that it is. My biggest issue is not being able to detach myself from them. I get too involved and can't sleep at night. This has to do with my mental and emotional troubles, not with the job per se.
All in all, you can quit your job whenever you want. There are plenty of options out there.

Thank you for your reply. I have the utmost respect for teachers. It's a hard job and it takes a lot to be good at it.

Rationally, I know that "I can quit". But... you see... for people like me who suffer from GAD nothing is easy. In fact most things are unsurmountably difficult. So, no, I actually cannot quit. I tried many times but the dread of starting a new job is always greater than the despair at my current situation.

I think you write from the perspective of a relatively healthy individual, and I from the perspective of mentally fragile person who has been ill for a very long time. Our two perspectives are quite different :-) I do envy you, though! I wish I had half your optimism and strength. All the best to you.
I'm in sex work and feel trapped. While it's kind of nice to be able to work as needed I definitely suffer the consequences of doing this. The reason I can't get out is similar to yours. I feel like I'm too far gone to fix my situation. I was planning to exit soon in part because I'm so lonely and isolated most of the time that I can't remain positive or hopeful. I don't want to get older, lonelier, and eventually destitute.

Hi Final Escape and thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand the feeling of loneliness and isolation too well. People usually say "Well, if you don't like it, change it", but not everyone has the mental strength to be able to change. I know I don't, and it's not for lack of trying. You say you feel trapped. Yes, "trapped" is the best description... Wanting to escape but being unable to. That's exactly my situation. Oh God... it sounds like we both could use a hug right now. (((Hug)))

Last edited:
Reactions: searchingfreedom and Final Escape
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
I am in the same place with my job! I'm "lucky" because I have an office job that allows me to work from home in the pandemic when so many people are unemployed or have to work and risk infection and it's like...........I get it....I should be happy and grateful and so many people would love this opportunity but my god it is not worth it anymore. My immediate day to day tasks are fine but everything that involves other people steals any peace I manage to build. There are certain groups/people that I see their name in my work queue (solving their problems) and it brings on a panic attack immediately.

I've managed to relapse back into an eating disorder so now I spend a lot of time obsessing about that and not about work which has honestly been a welcome change (that has got to be the most maladaptive thing I've said in awhile) and I also have a ctb plan which makes me feel better to think about how I can have no future on my own terms (I lied....that is the most maladaptive thing I've said in awhile :P).

In any case, I hope things get better for you. It's tough out there but you aren't alone in your struggles so feel free to reach out if you ever need to talk!

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale and Pen>Sword
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

Feb 10, 2021
My immediate day to day tasks are fine but everything that involves other people steals any peace I manage to build. There are certain groups/people that I see their name in my work queue (solving their problems) and it brings on a panic attack immediately.

This is me 100%. Thank you for your kind words. I also cope well with any tasks that do not involve e-mail contact or face to face contact with other people. Unfortunately most jobs require human interaction, especially office jobs. I should have been a woods keeper of something... Oh wait, I suffer from bad vertigo, I would probably spend my days collapsed behind a tree and not do a very good job he he he. All the best to you, @ashedout I hope today is an ok day for you. Thank you for the support!