awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
these past few weeks have been nothing but hell. i haven't felt this bad before. i quit therapy because i lost all motivation. on the verge of dropping out of school. i have no one. i don't know what to do with myself. i have never felt this bad. i usually reach out to people when i feel like this but i can't because i have no desire to reach out to anyone. i'm finding a lot of comfort in my depression right now. i normally get scared when i get like this, but that fear doesn't seem to exist anymore. i want to be put out this misery so bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: wiltingorchid, LoiteringClouds, betternever2havbeen and 6 others
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Is there any acute reason for your feelings? Or is it just chronic depression? Either way, I'm here if you wanna talk about it. I'll be a shoulder if you need one and hey, maybe it's not to anyone in your real life, but you are reaching out here and that's a start. <3

Reactions: 710
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
i feel you. depression feels so comfortable and safe to me most times it gets so hard to back out of it, let alone even want to. you're not alone

• Love
Reactions: Red Desert
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
i feel you. depression feels so comfortable and safe to me most times it gets so hard to back out of it, let alone even want to. you're not alone
Did you know you can be addicted to depression? I mean, I know I am at times. It's like being addicted to feeling adrenaline,

wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
Did you know you can be addicted to depression? I mean, I know I am at times. It's like being addicted to feeling adrenaline,
i've heard, i've been addicted to both and i really can see the resemblance. it's almost interesting and terrifying how the chemicals in our brain work this way.

annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Depression is very comfortable and absolute hell at the same time. There is nothing wrong in wanting to stop suffering, but I think writing your feelings here can help you in some way, reading other people experiences too... Hope you find comfort, life sure is a nightmare most of the times.

• Love
Reactions: awaitinglove and Unwr!tten
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Yeah, but that's why I both support the right to die and recovery. It's not my place to tell someone they can't do something, but I will never turn away someone who needs me.
Anyone who reads this, I love you and you can always message me to rant, okay?

Reactions: awaitinglove and Letgo
awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
Is there any acute reason for your feelings? Or is it just chronic depression? Either way, I'm here if you wanna talk about it. I'll be a shoulder if you need one and hey, maybe it's not to anyone in your real life, but you are reaching out here and that's a start. <3
ah where do i start. i have guilt for quitting therapy and my attachment issues are killing me.

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Let's start with your quitting therapy.

That is a valid decision. There are dozens of types of therapy and not everyone fits into one box. Like, for myself, art therapy helps me the most. Have you looked into other kinds of therapy?

LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023

That is a valid decision. There are dozens of types of therapy and not everyone fits into one box. Like, for myself, art therapy helps me the most. Have you looked into other kinds of therapy?
In my opinion, there is no good therapy. The purpose of therapy is to deceive you into thinking that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, when in reality, life is a tunnel between the darkness before birth and the darkness after death. If you feel that art therapy helps you, then I say godspeed and good for you. But many people are not helped by any kind of therapy, and must resort to other coping mechanisms - or suicide. That perspective is valid as well.

awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023

well i was in dbt bc i have bpd. ive tried other therapy before but find dbt to be the most helpful. i quit bc i started losing motivation bc of how hopeless i felt. i think i just need a break from therapy right now though.

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
well i was in dbt bc i have bpd. ive tried other therapy before but find dbt to be the most helpful. i quit bc i started losing motivation bc of how hopeless i felt. i think i just need a break from therapy right now though.
If a breaks what you need him, then take it. Take all the time you need. I always say not to waste your time doing things that make you unhappy. Don't feel bad for taking the time you need, in the meantime, look for and do things you enjoy. Watch a favorite show, paint, go for a run, whatever makes you happy. Therapy will be there when/if you ever decide to g9 back. Enjoy the self care time for now, okay?
In my opinion, there is no good therapy. The purpose of therapy is to deceive you into thinking that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, when in reality, life is a tunnel between the darkness before birth and the darkness after death. If you feel that art therapy helps you, then I say godspeed and good for you. But many people are not helped by any kind of therapy, and must resort to other coping mechanisms - or suicide. That perspective is valid as well.
I completely understand. I don't promote therapy for everyone— in fact, therapy to me doesn't even really mean going out and talking to someone. Therapy to me is another word for self care. There are hobbies and stuff people can do by themselves that are "therapeutic", self harm included. I'm just helping OP with their specific problem and I'm not here to fight or argue with anyone.

• Love
Reactions: awaitinglove
Untimely

Untimely

Student
Apr 21, 2023
these past few weeks have been nothing but hell. i haven't felt this bad before. i quit therapy because i lost all motivation. on the verge of dropping out of school. i have no one. i don't know what to do with myself. i have never felt this bad. i usually reach out to people when i feel like this but i can't because i have no desire to reach out to anyone. i'm finding a lot of comfort in my depression right now. i normally get scared when i get like this, but that fear doesn't seem to exist anymore. i want to be put out this misery so bad.
i know what you mean, especially with the fear no longer being there

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly true that there is too much suffering in existing and I get that it's so horrible when existing here just continues to get worse, this world undeniably is so hellish to me and it's understandable wishing to be free from it all. There really is no relief from suffering as long as one exists here but anyway I wish you the best.