F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Anybody know of a good guide, book, or I don't know. A place that makes bitcoin a bit easier to use or takes u through the process. I made an account with local bitcoins but I don't have like 4,000 cash to pay for a bitcoin. I know I'm probably missing something but I'm just frustrated now. Everybody makes it sound easy but I'm totally retarded when it comes to this.

Reactions: littlelady774, stellabelle and brighter
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
I'm starting to research if. I had no idea you had to put that much in. I hope people answer this.

Reactions: littlelady774, stellabelle and brighter
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm starting to research if. I had no idea you had to put that much in. I hope people answer this.
I don't think u do but for certain ones. I'm probably just not finding the right seller. I bought some bitcoin on Coinbase but it's not like I know what to do next lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: brighter
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I don't think u do but for certain ones. I'm probably just not finding the right seller. I bought some bitcoin on Coinbase but it's not like I know what to do next lol! How do I know how much cash I need? Or how much bitcoin?
I just can't focus to save my life since coming off prescription speed lol! I couldn't focus on it anymore either.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, stellabelle and brighter

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I don't think u do but for certain ones. I'm probably just not finding the right seller. I bought some bitcoin on Coinbase but it's not like I know what to do next lol! How do I know how much cash I need? Or how much bitcoin?
You get A's bitcoin address and copy and paste it into the send input field. And you're done

Reactions: littlelady774, msexit, throwaway_2620 and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
You get A's bitcoin address and copy and paste it into the send input field. And you're done

Reactions: stellabelle and brighter
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I was going to use bitcoin to order some prescriptions online but the place was suggesting local bitcoin as my option for payment.

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I was going to use bitcoin to order some prescriptions online but the place was suggesting local bitcoin as my option for payment.
They were probably just suggesting that you obtain bitcoin from there. What is the website?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
They were probably just suggesting that you obtain bitcoin from there. What is the website?
one sec I deleted it because I got frustrated lol!

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
In short - your btc address is part of a just very large number. This number is compressed to the bitcoin address you see(smaller number) and also converted into a private key(letters and numbers, so you can actually read it). This key is needed to create smaller ones(public keys). These public keys, when sending btc, correspond to the transaction data in a way, that this data and number can be checked for specific match between them. The point is that this match can only be checked, but "never" can be created without the private key.
Your balance is calculated from all the transactions on the chain narrowing to your address. In order to get your balance you need all the data from the blockchain. You can receive bitcoins without ever being connected to the internet. Sending however requires you to connect. So the idea is that you number is so large, that no one can practically guess it, and no one can get it from you btc address or public keys. You can't because data is lost while creating them. Since data is lost in theory it is not impossible for one btc address to have many private keys. Well no one has done that practically.
Most of the cryptos are build in similar way.
Can't explain in short how the mining and fees structure works, and also this stuff with the segwit looks at first as a total mess.
The moment when cryptos loose total value, is going to be the moment when the first working quantum computer is in existence.
In theory the quantum computer can generate at once all the large numbers(private keys) possible, so good luck.

Reactions: throwaway_2620, brighter and Final Escape
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

Have you already purchased the bitcoin? I always use coinbase (even though the bank transfer option takes forever) Then I transfer the bitcoin from coinbase to my ethereum wallet, just copy and paste address of ethereum wallet in the send box on coinbase. Then to pay from the ethereum wallet, just copy and paste the addy of the wallet you want to send bitcoin to in the send box.

Reactions: Kyrok, throwaway_2620, brighter and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Have you already purchased the bitcoin? I always use coinbase (even though the bank transfer option takes forever) Then I transfer the bitcoin from coinbase to my ethereum wallet, just copy and paste address of ethereum wallet in the send box on coinbase. Then to pay from the ethereum wallet, just copy and paste the addy of the wallet you want to send bitcoin to in the send box.
Thanks, I bought 200 worth of bitcoin cash on Coinbase but do I need a wallet? Obviously I do.

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
Thanks, I bought 200 worth of bitcoin cash on Coinbase but do I need a wallet? Obviously I do.
You can receive and send bitcoin from Coinbase so it is a wallet.

Reactions: Final Escape and throwaway_2620
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Reactions: Deleted member 1496 and Kyrok
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
1 bitcoin may be 4,000 USD, but you don't need to buy a whole bitcoin; you can buy a small percentage of a bitcoin. So if the current bitcoin price is 4,000 and you need to pay 400, you need to buy a little over 10% of a bitcoin, or 0.1 bitcoin. The little bit over is to pay for transaction fees that you'll encounter when you send (i.e., pay with) the bitcoin and fees when you buy bitcoin (i.e., convert "real" money into bitcoin).

Reactions: Jenna