tatteredbone

tatteredbone

Humans come one step closer to self destruction.
Mar 26, 2023
I'll write this quickly since I'm curious if there's any general advice I could use aside from seeking therapy and support from a professional as currently, nobody in my IRL life knows of my 15 or fewer overdose attempts.
I am currently prescribed anti-depressants (fluoxetine) and esomeprazole. The latter I really need. But because I previously attempted by taking 200-500mg of fluoxetine, I have developed a severe paranoia and nauseous feeling when I am confronted with the idea of taking pills or seeing them in front of me. recently I brought myself to take one paracetamol for my period, but it was a struggle and I nearly vomited when I felt the texture touch my tongue and slide down my throat. Even writing this is making me feel sick so I'll keep it brief, how the hell do I fix this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Valky, scarecrowbubu and LittleJem
Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Can you talk to a therapist about it? They'll surely come up with a solution and provide general help. As a temporary solution...perhaps hiding the medicine in food can work? You'll need to forcefully turn your attention elsewhere while you eat, so you won't be focused on the medicine being there

Hopefully it'll be resolved and everything turns out good. Wishing you luck🙏

tatteredbone

tatteredbone

Mar 26, 2023
Can you talk to a therapist about it? They'll surely come up with a solution and provide general help. As a temporary solution...perhaps hiding the medicine in food can work? You'll need to forcefully turn your attention elsewhere while you eat, so you won't be focused on the medicine being there

Hopefully it'll be resolved and everything turns out good. Wishing you luck🙏
I'll try that method and soon down the road hopefully! thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Kodokushi
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
you could see if you can request liquid fluoxetine and maybe the other med can be liquid too?

R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
you could see if you can request liquid fluoxetine and maybe the other med can be liquid too?
They do that?? I used to complain so much and they would tell me to crush them

scarecrowbubu

scarecrowbubu

medicine for numbness is love #BOOFSN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 25, 2023
I mean no harm, but after 15 attempts maybe it's not the best thing to do. I'm sure you were and still are in pain and I don't wish you more of it. Don't make it worse for yourself. If you really feel like you don't have any other choice think about it, atleast see if there is better ways to go at it. Wish you peace darling

• Love
Reactions: tatteredbone
tatteredbone

tatteredbone

Mar 26, 2023
They do that?? I used to complain so much and they would tell me to crush them
yup! i think when i was first prescribed I was given the option but had totally forgot bc they told me it was gross tasting