Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Fuck, it's one of those god damned days. Too many little annoyances are adding up to drive me up the fucking wall. I feel awful, some idiots across the street are blasting their stupid music loud enough that all I can hear is the obnoxious "bwoomp bwoomp" from the bass though the walls, I've got a fucking splitting headache, nothing I did worked out today, I'm sick of listening to my mother complain all the time about the current melodrama, I'm slipping and backsliding into what little I can even manage to do with myself, everything's deteriorating and falling apart as usual. Just fuck it all. Christ fucking bullshit. Nothing works out. It's all fucked. Never get anywhere with anything. No amount of deep breathing can alleviate this sort of profound stress. Enough to torture me, just not enough to kill me. FUCK! DAMN IT ! SHIT! The more frustrated I feel, the more stressed I get, which then only leads to me being more frustrated and therefore more stressed. It's an inescapable cycle of agony, only supplanted by crushing emptiness. I don't have to wonder if there's a hell, since I'm already living in it.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, LastFlowers, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Fuck, it's one of those god damned days. Too many little annoyances are adding up to drive me up the fucking wall. I feel awful, some idiots across the street are blasting their stupid music loud enough that all I can hear is the obnoxious "bwoomp bwoomp" from the bass though the walls, I've got a fucking splitting headache, nothing I did worked out today, I'm sick of listening to my mother complain all the time about the current melodrama, I'm slipping and backsliding into what little I can even manage to do with myself, everything's deteriorating and falling apart as usual. Just fuck it all. Christ fucking bullshit. Nothing works out. It's all fucked. Never get anywhere with anything. No amount of deep breathing can alleviate this sort of profound stress. Enough to torture me, just not enough to kill me. FUCK! DAMN IT ! SHIT! The more frustrated I feel, the more stressed I get, which then only leads to me being more frustrated and therefore more stressed. It's an inescapable cycle of agony, only supplanted by crushing emptiness. I don't have to wonder if there's a hell, since I'm already living in it.
*psst* Hey kid, PM me if you want to solve riddles.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
The sad truth is that in most cases stress does not kill you. It just makes you stop living.

My whole life I've suffered from overwhelming stress which has lead to generalized anxiety disorder.

I say "life", but really I have no life, I just go about the days doing things while hurting inside. Stress has peeled off any defence I might have against the world. Slowly, layer by layer, since I was born, stress has chipped away at me. There's nothing left now, only raw flesh around a skeleton.

Everything hurts me... a word, a gesture, a glance. Even the air pushed towards me by the flight of a butterfly is too much to bear.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Imaginos

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Since you've mentioned breathing already, what about the posture?

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
The sad truth is that in most cases stress does not kill you. It just makes you stop living.

My whole life I've suffered from overwhelming stress which has lead to generalized anxiety disorder.

I say "life", but really I have no life, I just go about the days doing things while hurting inside. Stress has peeled off any defence I might have against the world. Slowly, layer by layer, since I was born, stress has chipped away at me. There's nothing left now, only raw flesh around a skeleton.

Everything hurts me... a word, a gesture, a glance. Even the air pushed towards me by the flight of a butterfly is too much to bear.

Damn, that's precisely how I feel as well. Decades of stress has hollowed me out completely. Stress, along with chronic depression, has destroyed any capacity for me to enjoy living. I'm just an empty shell wandering through my pitiful existence, as if I were a ghost lost within a neverending fog.

As it stands, I fall apart immediately at the slightest obstacle. Even the most trivial and petty things, if enough happen to add up, will also cause me to go bonkers. I'm merely a tortured piece of meat, pathetically flopping around and who's of no use to anyone, or myself. The fact of the matter is that I died a long time ago. And every single day I awake I suffer a new death. Even worse than that, every single moment. I don't understand the value in someone like me remaining around. It's totally self-defeating, but since I'm a worthless coward who can't just neck himself on a door knob and be done with it, I'm left shuffling around in a constant fugue of misery, broken up by recurring bouts of intense stress. Like you said, the problem with this kind of agony is that it doesn't kill your body, it only kills your mind and spirit. Which, if you ask me, is way, WAY worse.

Since you've mentioned breathing already, what about the posture?

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I have no problems with my posture, nor does it have any bearing on how easily and frequently stress prone I am. The only way for me to cope with stress, is to simply avoid the factors which could bring it about in the first place. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be impossible to avoid, so all I can do in such situations is simply grit my teeth and bear it and, hopefully, shave a few years off my dismal life in the process as a tertiary benefit.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, GenesAndEnvironment, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think stress has made me fatter and more suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I get very nervous at small noises etc. so I can't imagine having to hear someone's music lol

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Like you said, the problem with this kind of agony is that it doesn't kill your body, it only kills your mind and spirit. Which, if you ask me, is way, WAY worse.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I have no problems with my posture, nor does it have any bearing on how easily and frequently stress prone I am. The only way for me to cope with stress, is to simply avoid the factors which could bring it about in the first place. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be impossible to avoid, so all I can do in such situations is simply grit my teeth and bear it and, hopefully, shave a few years off my dismal life in the process as a tertiary benefit.
Initially I wanted to mention both breathing and posture, but you took one already, so I just mentioned the other. I meant what I said, even though I also intended to put it in a jocular tone.

I've noticed that paying attention to the posture helps me. I keep straining my jaw and shoulders. Bad habits from a stressful past, I'd wager.
I try to relax my jaw and position my tongue so the tip is somewhere at the root of my upper teeth. And shoulders somewhat back and low. I know it depends on situation, and maybe in some situations stress can't be eliminated, but maybe alleviated?

Reactions: Imaginos
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Initially I wanted to mention both breathing and posture, but you took one already, so I just mentioned the other. I meant what I said, even though I also intended to put it in a jocular tone.

I've noticed that paying attention to the posture helps me. I keep straining my jaw and shoulders. Bad habits from a stressful past, I'd wager.
I try to relax my jaw and position my tongue so the tip is somewhere at the root of my upper teeth. And shoulders somewhat back and low. I know it depends on situation, and maybe in some situations stress can't be eliminated, but maybe alleviated?

Fair enough. It's good to hear you find this to be helpful. Anything that can alleviate one's stress is automatically a priceless thing. In my case, it's a true scourge on my senses. Stepping away from whatever's triggering the stress feels like the only surefire method for controlling it. Again though, sometimes that just isn't possible. Sometimes the stress isn't due to just one in particular, but the culmination of many smaller things over the course of the day, like small trickles of water leaking through a damn until the whole strength of the river comes bursting forth and sending it flying. In my case, I probably need to learn meditation or yoga, or something. To somehow develop techniques to recenter myself, assuming that's even possible.

I can't imagine having to hear someone's music

Yeah, trust me. It really fucking sucks. In this instance, it was more just a one time thing and all I could actually hear was the "bwoomp" of the bass and nothing else, thank goodness. It made me shudder to think though what it must be like for SS users living in an apartment building. Being at the mercy of those all around you and any and all noise they must make. It's a blood curdling thing to imagine, I gotta say. In the distant past, my mother used to blast her crappy christian rock music from time to time and, good lord, was that an assault to the senses.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
@Imaginos You've mentioned annoying auditory stimuli somewhere in your posts. Sensory DDoS is a good term, I think. No amount of centering has helped me with that, but isolating did. I have earplugs and a blindfold for those purposes.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
I have earplugs and a blindfold for those purposes.

Yeah, I should probably get something like that as well. The last time I was in a major city with my family, the sensory overload was pretty acute. Fortunately, I never got out of the car anywhere busy. Even so, just sitting there as we were driving around made me pretty nauseous. There have been times where I've literally just had a towel or a blanket over my head just to help shield myself from it. I tend to also get carsick these days on long distance drives. Last year I came close to outright vomiting on our way up to my brother's place, since he lives pretty far away. My parents had to stop the car for like half an hour before I was well enough for us to get back on the road again. Lucky for me, we stopped in the middle of nowhere, right next to a serene lake, so that helped. If there's ever a next time, I'll need some anti-nausea pills, or something. I'm not sure if you've heard about them, but apparently there are like these flat silver nodes you can place on either side of your neck that can help with car sickness and you can get them from various drug stores.

At home, I don't need to worry about sensory overload. Still, I've found a white noise machine to be invaluable. I always have it running and it helps act as a sound barrier to the rest of the house. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. I'm just glad I don't live in an area that has much noise pollution.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653