BoyInTheBox

BoyInTheBox

INFP 4w5
Jun 6, 2023
I honestly always hated those. Like when someone ctb's on live without any warning. They're traumatizing innocent people for nothing. I never had any pity for people like this. Also the ones who ctb in schools or workplaces. I understand some are desperate but I know for sure there are better places to do it than those.

• Hugs
Reactions: figurehead, ddn.ctb, Some place nice and 4 others
ang3lz

ang3lz

Aug 17, 2023
I've never seen or heard of these streams personally, but perhaps I've just gotten lucky. I don't know how to feel about that 😨

Reactions: ddn.ctb
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I honestly always hated those. Like when someone ctb's on live without any warning. They're traumatizing innocent people for nothing. I never had any pity for people like this. Also the ones who ctb in schools or workplaces. I understand some are desperate but I know for sure there are better places to do it than those.
I think that anyone has a right to CTB in anyway they wish including streaming live. But it has to be responsible. In the same way you shouldn't hang your self in a play yard you shouldn't be doing it on streams that unexpecting adults and children will see.

Reactions: figurehead and Rhizomorph1
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
That's why I decided not to. I don't want to drag in those who don't consent to seeing death, and are merely curious about the stream or were at the mercy of algorithm.

Instead, I'm planning on having one or a couple of people on a call with me, where they will able to screen record my death and then share it with those who can choose to see it. It won't be gory anyway and there will be quite a lot of time before dying actually happens.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Absolutely agree.

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
i remember a story about a young american girl who hung herself from a tree in her backyard - she streamed the whole process on facebook live. the video was still widely available on the internet years later

• Aww..
Reactions: iji, ddn.ctb and Trakehner
StyxFerryStowaway

StyxFerryStowaway

Sep 9, 2023
I find that rather, ghoulish. At least if there's people who didn't join the stream specifically to see that happen. If everyone watching came expecting to see someone ctb. Well, it's fucking creepy, but nothing wrong per say.

Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
I think if you decide to stream it, it's best that only people who know what is going to happen are watching. I'll keep this in mind if I choose to broadcast my ctb.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that those people don't really care as they know they will be gone soon enough. Once one dies existence can no longer be their concern as they will simply cease to be.

vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
to be fair, it's not like suicidal people are in the best state of mind. not saying it's good, just saying i can understand why somebody would do it.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
I think they just do it out of spite, i mean depends on their circumstances feeling vindictive because no one helped them out sucks. I dont really blame them tho.

Well maybe train jumper, because delaying public infra sucks

sfdwx

sfdwx

hanging
Jan 19, 2022
As a woman, I don't want to stream my suicide
Because I don't want others to see me pee myself

• Hugs
princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
agree, it is not right and the audience didnt have any warning and did not consent to witnessing something like that.
have heard about people ctb on stream once or twice only in the past few years, since i am not interested in it at all.

there is only one case i really know about— ruru chan. it was the first time id heard of a case of someone ctb in a live stream of some sort. i know people did it just personally didnt hear about any real cases. from what i remember (correct me if im wrong), ruru chan wanted to be a legend, which is why they did it. something about them being kind of immortalized that way i think. i think that the live stream participants were also urging them to jump. last i checked, ruru chans twitter is still up. they were 14 years old, this happened in 2013.