S

SueySide

Mar 23, 2021
Has anyone else experienced this? I've felt it since I was around 8 years old. Everyone at that age had these big dreams about becoming a veterinarian or a sports star, but I remembered being so dazed because I could not, for the life of me, envision myself as a grown-up. It wasn't that I hated the idea of becoming an adult, I simply couldn't picture myself in the future. I had this vague feeling that I would probably die from some kind of unfortunate accident or an illness before I would make it to my 20s, but at the time, suicide had never even occurred to me yet. I remember writing it in my diary and forgetting about it, until after I went through it recently. It makes me wonder if everything that has happened up until this point was planned and that I was never in control of my life despite how much I wrestled with it? It would be seriously hilarious if that was the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: jakaka
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, but I think this is fairly normal. I had a lot of trouble imagining being grown up, let alone making it to 35 years old. But here we are.

Reactions: SueySide and jakaka
J

jakaka

Jan 15, 2021
I've always thought this because but it was only because I couldn't 'imagine myself at an older age' like I seriously can't imagine myself let's say as a woman in her late 30s or being 40 50 so on. (I'm 24) I think this is because I have this thought that I would be completely different person. But I have this feeling that with age you don't really change you're kinda the same person just older. Can anyone older attest to this? Do you feel like relatively the same person from being in your 20s to now in maybe 40s up. Be interested to know

Reactions: SueySide