MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Im an amateur writer. And would love to share the story I wrote during a manic episode. Spoiler - its long.

Where men fear to tread.

chapter 1 Lady luck.

The tale I recount to you now is a warning. For the sheer terror of recent events must be known. So if you seek adventure, fortune, fame or even perhaps love. DO NOT VENTURE. For wherever you are. You are safe. Maybe even prosperous. This tale begins with no call to action. No damsel in distress. Just boredom. Complete and utter boredom. This and a painful lack of funding.

I was recently informed I that I was "no longer required" at the fish factory I had worked in. After this news I returned home to find the most welcoming notice from the landlord "pay up or get out" was scrawled in a barely ledgible manner on a parchment stamped on the door.

So I swallowed my pride and asked my friend Paul if I could stay with him. As it happens his luck had run dry too. In fact it was a similar story for almost all in thorvain. (The small fishing village I lived in). Machines had replaced us all.

But paul had an idea. He and the other disenfranchised would rent a boat. Set sail to find new land. Go on an adventure and return with riches. I was totally enthralled. He agreed to take me with them, I had boating experience and a deck hand was always welcome. So that's where the journey started.

On a cool breezy day in July the sun shone a blinding light upon our eyes as the gulls cried their familiar chorus. Paul, I, and the 3 other members of our ragtag wannabe explorers met on the docks. Loading equipment and supplies onto our vessel.

Oh what a site she was!

We had christened her S.S luck. As at this point luck had run dry for all of us.

Of the crew I hadn't much to say

There was Paul. The captain, who recruited us to the cause. A friend of mine for 2 years as I used to work with him. A chubby balding man with a Stern voice yet welcoming smile. Also incredibly intelligent, part of the reason we trust in him as captain.

Then there was Luther. A wild looking man. I did not know his age but was made aware he was both an accomplished fisherman and ex military with survival training that may prove useful.

Then Brian, whose instant nickname was the brawn. A stoic man, though never complained when given menial tasks. He spoke mostly in grunts of affirmation or denial.

Also as the journey continued we found him as a surprisingly good cook.

Last but not least there was David. A bright eyed wiry young man. A trained merchant and amateur archeologist. If we found something of value he'd let us know, for a reasonable cut of the profit of course.

That's about all I can be arsed typing for now but pm or reply to this thread if you want to read more :)