Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
So, I would like to share some thoughts regarding a person I really looked/look up to musicwise. I'd like to share it IDK why.

So back when I was a stupid 9 year old instead of 19 year old there was this very annoying/nice synth-pop song popular. I loved it. I watched the music video 100s of times and I kept obsessing over it. The video itself was very emo and when I was a little kid, I wanted to look like that. I wanted to be like that. The fucking emo hair and clothing. I loved and still love it. So I dressed like it eventually when I grew into a mid-teen.

In 2010 that band broke up. These guys were touring for 3 years every day by now and the last two years pretty much every night they preformed for 2000 people. Just within 2 years after breaking up, the band lost all its relevance. Nobody followed them, nobody really remembered or listened to their stuff. One of the two lead singers, the one who I talk about mainly now, made from 2010 to 2013, 3 records that got no real audience. The band reunited in 2014, made 2 EP's and one mixtape and also, no real listener. The guy after 2017 went solo until now and released some singles that once again, had no real audience. At this point, the only reason I follow him, is because I always have. He is basically a drug addict, the thing he was only thought as a kid is something that there is no demand for anymore, his newer stuff is very bad and now reached the point of not being able to get off drugs and is borderline depressed.

I would not be surprised if the guy only has a year left. I can go into the stereotypical details of being young and famous and turning into a 30 year old with no fanbase whatsoever. Me being a fan for the sake of being a fan or whatever... But as someone who is depressed himself for 6 to 7 years by now... I find it morbidly comforting... That a person that I looked up as a lil' kido is now miserable, depressed and unliked just like me... It is sickening, I know. Just like romanticizing mental illness. But there is some comfort in that... IDK why I typed this up I wanted to share it.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: UninformedLover, moths, lofticries and 4 others
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
So, I would like to share some thoughts regarding a person I really looked/look up to musicwise. I'd like to share it IDK why.

So back when I was a stupid 9 year old instead of 19 year old there was this very annoying/nice synth-pop song popular. I loved it. I watched the music video 100s of times and I kept obsessing over it. The video itself was very emo and when I was a little kid, I wanted to look like that. I wanted to be like that. The fucking emo hair and clothing. I loved and still love it. So I dressed like it eventually when I grew into a mid-teen.

In 2010 that band broke up. These guys were touring for 3 years every day by now and the last two years pretty much every night they preformed for 2000 people. Just within 2 years after breaking up, the band lost all its relevance. Nobody followed them, nobody really remembered or listened to their stuff. One of the two lead singers, the one who I talk about mainly now, made from 2010 to 2013, 3 records that got no real audience. The band reunited in 2014, made 2 EP's and one mixtape and also, no real listener. The guy after 2017 went solo until now and released some singles that once again, had no real audience. At this point, the only reason I follow him, is because I always have. He is basically a drug addict, the thing he was only thought as a kid is something that there is no demand for anymore, his newer stuff is very bad and now reached the point of not being able to get off drugs and is borderline depressed.

I would not be surprised if the guy only has a year left. I can go into the stereotypical details of being young and famous and turning into a 30 year old with no fanbase whatsoever. Me being a fan for the sake of being a fan or whatever... But as someone who is depressed himself for 6 to 7 years by now... I find it morbidly comforting... That a person that I looked up as a lil' kido is now miserable, depressed and unliked just like me... It is sickening, I know. Just like romanticizing mental illness. But there is some comfort in that... IDK why I typed this up I wanted to share it.

Wheel samye ...what gets me is that the wheel of fortune always spins: some ascend and some descend - karma is that we all have to go through this to fulfil our destiny - all will get the opportunity to be happy and healthy and sad and sick. what sometimes gets me is that we experience karma to find fullfillment, should God (The Source) not already be fullfilled? if so then why do we seek it? (by this argument then is God not fullfillment incarnate)
i understand; but then sometimes i'm confused.
when we were in Thailand I was feeding the stray dogs an the temple and told not to - as it is their karma (like struggle / death is ours?!) - and feeding them would impede their purpose. so much for compassion.

everything is transitionary: today we will be relevant; tomorrow we will be forgotten.

apologies: xm