C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
I was on antidepressants around 8 years. For 1 year I have been meditating for 2 hours a day. My ability to deal with emotions improved, so I thought finally I can stop my antidepressant (mirtazapine). I slowly weaned from 30mg to 3.75mg. I had to decrease dose by 3.75mg because any bigger decrement thrown me into nightmarish withdrawals. When I stopped completely, that's when shit hit the fan. I started to sleep for 2-3 hours, I experience almost uncontrollable rage which turns into suicidal thoughts. I am almost non-functional, I will probably soon lose my job.
So I have to go back to at least 3.75mg dosage. And hope that I will recover.

• Hugs
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and Cathy Ames
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I have never taken any of those drugs and I never would. But I have heard that many people got adicted and experiences many unpleasant side effects, especially when she tried not to take the drug anymore. What I can recommend is the all natural amino acid L-Phenylalanine. It reduces depression, works against pain and reduces hunger.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I was on antidepressants around 8 years. For 1 year I have been meditating for 2 hours a day. My ability to deal with emotions improved, so I thought finally I can stop my antidepressant (mirtazapine). I slowly weaned from 30mg to 3.75mg. I had to decrease dose by 3.75mg because any bigger decrement thrown me into nightmarish withdrawals. When I stopped completely, that's when shit hit the fan. I started to sleep for 2-3 hours, I experience almost uncontrollable rage which turns into suicidal thoughts. I am almost non-functional, I will probably soon lose my job.
So I have to go back to at least 3.75mg dosage. And hope that I will recover.
Wow! I'm really impressed that you've had the self-discipline to accomplish all of that, especially 2 hours per day of meditation. And big congrats on the improvement! It makes sense to stay on that very low dose for now, and doing so does NOT negate your big accomplishments.

W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
Coming off Mirtazapine was a bitch for me too. You can't just stop from one day to the next and of course my fucking doc never mentioned it. I had to wean off it over the span of several months, but in the end managed to do so. Good luck my man.

Reactions: Hollowillow