nihilism44

nihilism44

trying my best
May 2, 2021
I used to take vyvanse (or adderall, whichever I could get my hands on) in excess. I have ADHD, but I was definitely taking enough to get a bit high. It made me feel like how I imagine a normal person feels. It may have just been the euphoria from getting high, but it made talking to people and doing pretty much ANYTHING so much easier. I'm afraid that if I get my hands on it again I may become addicted since it makes me feel so good. Do you think it can be used as a tool to help depression or is it just temporary and makes things worse in the long run? Has anyone else tried taking stims to get through a depressive episode?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Just like any drug or stimulant, in the end it'll make things worse.
I used to drink alcohol everyday because it made me feel better but I ended up becoming a NEET for 3 years and trying to ctb last year.

Now, alcohol is only a reward I get on Saturdays if I manage to be a productive and decent human being from Monday to Friday.

You could try something like that. You know, "be a responsible person" and then get your stimulant on a specific day, as a reward.

At least that seems to be working for me.

Hugs,

Matt

Reactions: Sensei, LONE WOLF. and nihilism44
nihilism44

nihilism44

trying my best
May 2, 2021
Just like any drug or stimulant, in the end it'll make things worse.
I used to drink alcohol everyday because it made me feel better but I ended up becoming a NEET for 3 years and trying to ctb last year.

Now, alcohol is only a reward I get on Saturdays if I manage to be a productive and decent human being from Monday to Friday.

You could try something like that. You know, "be a responsible person" and then get your stimulant on a specific day, as a reward.

At least that seems to be working for me.

Hugs,

Matt
That's a good idea, especially since it would prevent me from feeling like I "need" it to get stuff done.. I appreciate it (: also what is a NEET? I've seen it on here a lot and I think I know what it is based on the context I just have no idea what it stands for lol.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I used to take vyvanse (or adderall, whichever I could get my hands on) in excess. I have ADHD, but I was definitely taking enough to get a bit high. It made me feel like how I imagine a normal person feels. It may have just been the euphoria from getting high, but it made talking to people and doing pretty much ANYTHING so much easier. I'm afraid that if I get my hands on it again I may become addicted since it makes me feel so good. Do you think it can be used as a tool to help depression or is it just temporary and makes things worse in the long run? Has anyone else tried taking stims to get through a depressive episode?
Yes, l used MDMA Crystals during my late 30's to help with depression and get my arse up and about, just a little dab 3 time's a day, then Valium at night's to get some sleep! But that routine really takes it's toll after a few months! So l had to take a break every few months to recover by using Ensure Drinks!

Reactions: nihilism44
nihilism44

nihilism44

trying my best
May 2, 2021
Yes, l used MDMA Crystals during my late 30's to help with depression and get my arse up and about, just a little dab 3 time's a day, then Valium at night's to get some sleep! But that routine really takes it's toll after a few months! So l had to take a break every few months to recover by using Ensure Drinks!
Wow you were using MDMA daily? I've heard that can take a massive toll on your mood/energy when it wears off even after doing it once.. do you think it's had any long term effects for you?

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Wow you were using MDMA daily? I've heard that can take a massive toll on your mood/energy when it wears off even after doing it once.. do you think it's had any long term effects for you?
Yes it has, my short term memory is shot to shit(excuse my French) l'm just grateful l had the sense to quit using the stuff, and now l wouldn't know where to get any of it anyway! :-)

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's a good idea, especially since it would prevent me from feeling like I "need" it to get stuff done.. I appreciate it (: also what is a NEET? I've seen it on here a lot and I think I know what it is based on the context I just have no idea what it stands for lol.

You're welcome! We gotta try to find any solutions somehow! :)
A NEET is a person which neither works nor studies: "Not in Employment, Education or Training".
It's basically a shut-in lol.

E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
Hackensack Meridian Outpatient Behavioral Health in NJ doesn't have a problem prescribing Vyvanse and Adderal, even without an ADHD diagnosis.