Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I know there is a private forum for method discussion, but I'm still salty over the new policy. for some reason I can't get over it.

I haven't stepped foot in that private forum and I don't think I ever will. obviously I'm not mad at the mods or anything.

I just feel bereft.

Jam cat

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja and 9 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I'm just so mad that the pro-lifers have the audacity to step foot in a safe space for vulnerable people. It's effecting so many people because they can't discuss about methods. Sometimes talking about methods is what keeps a person going the next day.

I hate it even more that they are trying to put some of us in jail. If they are going to jail me, give me the death penalty at least.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, _Seeking and 9 others
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Pro-lifers are essentially method actors who use a crusade to compensate for their own internalized shortcomings.

You can't claim to be attempting to help others while depicting members of the forum to be suicide sirens. It's nonsensical. It's also fueled by a false narrative. It would be noticeable if a swarm of (poor, young, impressionable) 14-year-olds were on the site.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whywhywhy, demuic and 2 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I hate it even more that they are trying to put some of us in jail. If they are going to jail me, give me the death penalty at least.
Wait, they are also going against members who are not part of the staff?

Reactions: Depressed Cat and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Wait, they are also going against members who are not part of the staff?
Of course, from the beginning. Though they try to sweep it under the rug
I know there is a private forum for method discussion, but I'm still salty over the new policy. for some reason I can't get over it.

I haven't stepped foot in that private forum and I don't think I ever will. obviously I'm not mad at the mods or anything.

I just feel bereft.

View attachment 83590
Which private forum are you referring to?
(I feel as though this may be a dumb question.)

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Of course, from the beginning. Though they try to sweep it under the rug

Which private forum are you referring to?
(I feel as though this may be a dumb question.)
How strange, they have never gone against me, I guess they are not interested in me

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
How strange, they have never gone against me, I guess they are not interested in me
I don't think they've ever come after me either, if they have, I am unaware.
(Although many have attacked the community as a whole.)
I think they mostly go after people whose posts can be cherry-picked and easily taken out of context, especially those who say somewhat inflammatory/jokey/less measured things.
I'm way too long-winded for them to bother with screen-shots of what I say, following with their angry outbursts.
I would be sort of surprised if they have found something to shit on me for.
We'll see.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and waitingforrest
SleepingGirl

SleepingGirl

She never wakes again
Dec 28, 2021
Still sad I got here so late, I didn't even get to see the place before the new policy. I hate the fucks trying to shove their disgusting morals onto other people who are suffering and just trying to find a way out. Just sounds like they fear death so much they get miffed about people finding relief in it.

Reactions: Insomniac and pthnrdnojvsc
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I wish I had access to the private sub-forum. :eh:

The anti-choice mob like Fixthe26 don't know this, but they're mere puppets in a grander, darker, more sinister scheme of things to destroy the freedom of expression and turn the internet into a highly censored, controlled place palatable to the elites, similar to the version of the internet they have in China.

There really is a grand, dark and sinister plan, I tell you. Otherwise, there would not be such co-ordinated attacks on this site from all quarters. Heck, even vicious mass-murderers like the Islamic State were able to use the internet freely for their nefarious purposes. Those on this site, on the other hand, are proponents of a basic human right - the right to die a peaceful & dignified death.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, charlottewilts and Insomniac
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I'm just so mad that the pro-lifers have the audacity to step foot in a safe space for vulnerable
you put it perfectly. I feel like my only safe space has been violated and I've been ripped off of my rights on my own territory, simply to accommodate aliens. this is too unfair. on the brighter side, this has caused me to develop an even more radical prochoice stance.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Manaaja
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The forum has changed. Many people joined specifically for method information, and I can imagine it must be upsetting for them to have to wait in order to gain access to the private section. Many people are likely to be desperate and are suffering a lot. I think it is important to have somewhere to be able to talk openly about suicide, in particular about failed attempts, so other people know what not to do when they are attempting ctb. Suicide should not be so stigmatised, it is a human right. The problem is that the society does not respect our right to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja and 6 others
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
The forum has changed. Many people joined specifically for method information, and I can imagine it must be upsetting for them to have to wait in order to gain access to the private section. Many people are likely to be desperate and are suffering a lot. I think it is important to have somewhere to be able to talk openly about suicide, in particular about failed attempts, so other people know what not to do when they are attempting ctb. Suicide should not be so stigmatised, it is a human right. The problem is that the society does not respect our right to die.
I know I joined solely for that reason. I heard you have to be active and post so much to gain access to where the methods are. So, that's what I have been trying to do. No offense, but I didn't join the site to talk about my feelings or make lasting friends. I joined to ensure I wouldn't end up a vegetable. Does anyone know if comments count as posts or do you have to create a thread?

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know I joined solely for that reason. I heard you have to be active and post so much to gain access to where the methods are. So, that's what I have been trying to do. No offense, but I didn't join the site to talk about my feelings or make lasting friends. I joined to ensure I wouldn't end up a vegetable. Does anyone know if comments count as posts or do you have to create a thread?
Any comment in a thread counts as a post. You do not have to create threads. I had a look in that section, and there was someone who had access to it with only 20 posts. I just think that you have not been here long enough and eventually the subforum should appear. I do not know the exact requirements. I believe that pretty much most people joined for method information.

Reactions: Manaaja
xoxo13

xoxo13

Jan 9, 2022
yeaaah i feel this. though i will say the new rules made me actually make an account, which hopefully i guess will allow for some more community-building, but being able to witness people's openness and vulnerability about attempts and methods was actually really soothing for me. didn't really push me either way re: decision, just let me feel like ctb can actually be a possibility and doesn't have to be experienced completely in isolation or shame

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby and Lost in a Dream