foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Inevitably when the personal questions like where do you live or do you have a partner come up, my answers almost always get the exact canned responses of oh you still live with your parents or oh you're still single? It's like these people can only see one way every one must be, and if you deviate from their one way of life they seem surprised like you're a specimen that needs to be examined and brought back in line. The use of the word still in the statement is to implicitly pass their judgement onto me.

They should be surprised why I'm still alive instead.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: OceanBlue, wiltingorchid, Gonnerr and 8 others
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
pretty common for younger people in these times to live with their parents simply because finding a place to rent on your own is next to impossible, at least in the states
and even if you arent 'younger' it still makes a lot of sense, thats the easier thing to do
id be homeless if i wasnt going to end up living on my mom's property eventually
thats just how things go

and... were literally living through a pandemic... anyone thats still surprised youre single is an idiot
especially if youre someone dealing with depression or some other kind of mental illness, its not like its easy
putting that much value into being in a relationship just to be in a relationship is pretty idiotic, too

Reactions: Freedom21, EternalOblivion, lofticries and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I don't tell ppl shit about my situation. And speak very lil about myself. I always turn the questions in reverse since most ppl are narcissistic who love talking about themselves.

Also same, op. Same.

• Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost and Rocinante
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I stopped counting how often I've heard about "why are you still single" and "such a shame that you're alone". I'm simply tired of having to justify why I'm not in a relationship.

Reactions: foreverfalling and OceanBlue
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Yeah, it's unfortunate they are the majority.

The worst part of my existence was getting to know other people. My life would have been so much better if I appeared on some island and spent my life eating berries and talking to trees.

We shouldn't expect much from a society that continues to exist, only fools could ever want to.