Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Anyone else here feel the catastrophic finality of extreme downward mobility? I grew up in a middle class educated household but I never became a man via career because there's something wrong with me (aka my parents...diff conversation) and now I'm just 'existing' but not really, in a hidden corner while the others have long left me behind in pursuit of something called life, that I feel like I lost in the distant past. This is not the origin of my problems but it's one of the final outcomes that invalidates my entire 'adult' existence. It's humiliating and demoralizing. I don't have any crowd that i can fit into now either since I was raised (very badly) to be in a crowd i can never be in now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AngelGirl, Silvermorning, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I understand how you feel. I grew up middle class as well, but of course had my own set of extra problems (post history). I'm sure if I was a man things would be harder for me in this case, no doubt. But as it is, the pressure on being a 'progressive woman in the 2020s' is just too overwhelming for me. What if I'm perfectly fine with the traditional 'house wife' role? What if I don't care to have a high paying career that's competitive with man wages? I just don't care about all of that man. I want a loving husband, a good home, and a good family I can raise to be good people. But of course, none of that's possible in this modern society for a multitude of reasons. Thus I will never be truly happy.

Of course I can't even look to my childhood (post history). Sooooo, eh. Either break to what others' want or in the meantime keep having others angry and disappointed with me on the verge of homelessness.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Disappointered and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In terms of education level I've definitely moved downward from both my parents (Dad has a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mom has a Masters in Journalism) with my B.S. degree in Business.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and _Kaira_
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
@Dr Iron Arc but you'r still young so you could keep going to grad school and then have some sort of career.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
@Dr Iron Arc but you'r still young so you could keep going to grad school and then have some sort of career.
I really don't want to though, I'm already exhausted enough. :aw:

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Disappointered and _Kaira_