LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
This might be a bit controversial...

I don't know why but I actually don't really like like 99% of the men's perfumes/shampoos that are out there. In my opinion, they are smelling really boring and I could even go so far as saying that I was always tired of them. I have only one shampoo which smells like pine resin and I usually use it after returning from the gym.
Why do most people think that a man should smell "manly/cool"?
Some man just want to smell nicely and fresh, even though they're straight. For example, I really like the smell of lavender.

The same thing goes for gifts.
I wouldn't mind getting some flowers or houseplants as a gift. Heck, I wouldn't mind getting a Aloe Vera plant as a gift for my birthday instead of an brand new PlayStation/Xbox, since that plant is more useful than a bit of electronic components in a fancy box.

What about those muscular woman, who decided to be a bit more muscular than a "normal woman" should be?
Many people would say that this is disgusting or are making some inappropriate jokes on that.
I even know a woman, who build her house by herself and only needed help with water/electrical installations since there are some regulations in almost every country.

There is also that one stupid thing where some people think that "if your husband is the 'housewife' in your relationship, he's your husband. He's a pu**y"
Yeah, it kinda translates to things like "It's not normal that a man works in flower shop and a woman as car mechanic or in a vehicle towing company.

What are your opinions on that topic?

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, DocNo, sufferingalways and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I believe that fortunately, this crack between men and women is disappearing little by little. (not in all countries, unfortunately)
For instance, my ex and me both cleaned the house, cooked, did the dishes, etc. We were both "housewives".
It will take some time but there will be a time in which girls or boys will do whatever they want without being judged by their gender.

However, I love men perfume so, I disagree with you there. I don't love them because they're for men. I just love their scent whereas I rarely like women's perfume. There should be some kind of "neutral perfume" so that we're all happy lol

Reactions: DocNo, sufferingalways, LunarPyotr and 5 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
However, I love men perfume so, I disagree with you there. I don't love them because they're for men. I just love their scent whereas I rarely like women's perfume.
I agree with this. I even bought some men's perfume for myself but I haven't dared wearing it yet.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr, 262653 and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
What about those muscular woman, who decided to be a bit more muscular than a "normal woman" should be?
One of the reasons I admire jacked women is that they're putting their own wants above the status quo, contemptuous glances and mean comments of other people.

Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr, foxdie and 1 other person
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
There should be some kind of "neutral perfume" so that we're all happy lol
There is, it's called Brut, the most powerful scent known to man.

• Wow
Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr and WornOutLife
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
My boyfriend's favourite scent is this!: Flowerbomb it is called. He just likes the smell and doesn't care it's for women.

I find it delightful that he likes the scent that pleases him! it's not a sexy smell on a man though... But he doesn't really wear it, he just does have a spray bottle of it.

Fragrance Description: This veritable garden party in a bottle is an intoxicating perfume for women that is an enchanting whirl of cattleya, jasmine, and rose perfumes. Grounded in patchouli and vanilla, Flowerbomb is an addictive women's fragrance of lavish beauty and voluptuous sensuality.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr and foxdie
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
People should be able to do whatever they want and it's silly for people to care. A lot of what we think of as being feminine and masculine changes over time and depends on the culture. Basically, someone just made it up. I'm reminded of this:

Designer Clothes Shoes  Bags for Women   SSENSE

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll, DocNo, LunarPyotr and 4 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I wear women's motorbike boots. And gloves sometimes.

Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr, 262653 and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Reminds me of how much I hate being labeled as gay or otherwise LGBT just because I happen to have stereotypically feminine traits such as submissiveness and vulnerability. I don't think there's anything wrong with being LGBT but the fact is I'm not actually like them and to be labeled as such just because I happen to be a straight cisgendered male that has feminine traits feels so wrong all on its own, especially because I literally got molested by a gay man just because he thought I was gay. I wish I could just express myself more and wear clothes that look aesthetically pleasing without being accused of wanting to bang another man or wanting to turn into a woman. My voice kind of sounds like a typical gay man's too so it doesn't do me much favors either...

Funny enough, I think my tastes in a female partner are the same but reversed, like a woman who happens to have typically masculine personality traits such as confidence and bravery. Maybe that's why it's been so hard to find someone all this time since most (but obviously not all) of these women are probably lesbian or asexual but that's just my guess...

• Hugs
Reactions: DocNo, LunarPyotr, 262653 and 2 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I hate stereotypical thinking. We live in a world with endless possibilities to choose from.
Why does society still cling to medieval prejudices against different genders and dictates them their way to behave?
It's so weird to me.
Everyone should be "allowed" to openly do/like everything without judgement.
And if he/she/they want to lead a more "conservative" life I think that's fine too as long as they got to choose it themselves.

I remember only getting in contact with societal norms for girls/women when I started school. My kindergarten was pretty cool and everyone wore every clothing and played with dolls and cars equally. But in school all the girls started wearing bras and put on make-up. They also only liked "girly" stuff which didn't really appeal to me but I sadly wanted to fit in.
As I got older I started to care less and from then on did my own thing.
Maybe it's easier being a woman (I don't know) but I wear men's clothing too and never buy products only because they're marketed towards females. I also like learning how to repair things in my flat or on my car - I suck at it - but it's useful and not uninteresting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LunarPyotr, DocNo and 2 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
It's all just cultural mores and social constructs. And it changes over time. People should be allowed to live however they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LunarPyotr, DocNo and 1 other person
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Bleh, I hate the way gender is treated, it's soooo restrictive. Men should be able to wear makeup, wear dressed, etc. and women should be able to build things, repair cars, etc. Gender roles feel more like a prison to me than anything.

• Love
Reactions: LunarPyotr, NumbItAll, foxdie and 2 others
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
This might be a bit controversial...

I don't know why but I actually don't really like like 99% of the men's perfumes/shampoos that are out there. In my opinion, they are smelling really boring and I could even go so far as saying that I was always tired of them. I have only one shampoo which smells like pine resin and I usually use it after returning from the gym.
Why do most people think that a man should smell "manly/cool"?
Some man just want to smell nicely and fresh, even though they're straight. For example, I really like the smell of lavender.

The same thing goes for gifts.
I wouldn't mind getting some flowers or houseplants as a gift. Heck, I wouldn't mind getting a Aloe Vera plant as a gift for my birthday instead of an brand new PlayStation/Xbox, since that plant is more useful than a bit of electronic components in a fancy box.

Many people would say that this is disgusting or are making some inappropriate jokes on that.
I even know a woman, who build her house by herself and only needed help with water/electrical installations since there are some regulations in almost every country.

There is also that one stupid thing where some people think that "if your husband is the 'housewife' in your relationship, he's your husband. He's a pu**y"
Yeah, it kinda translates to things like "It's not normal that a man works in flower shop and a woman as car mechanic or in a vehicle towing company.

This might beregulations in almost every count. He's a pu**y"

Hi I'm in agreement on changing things up. I've never been a feminine woman and hardly ever wore skirts. I worked at a car mechanic place during YTS placement. Loved it.

What men's perfumes do you dislike? There's difference between men's smell perspective and women's .. also between colour perspective (so any quarrelling couples out there type in "do men's and women's sense of smell differ?" See what comes up
I read one or two and it was eye opening to learn why my house pal and I quarrel over some colours / perfumes.
Some I find sickly sweet like one that a male visitor wore to my flat years ago and it took days to rid the living room of it! Made me feel ill. But the man's an ass so maybe that didn't help.

Thank you for this post. I've thought of it a lot.
Bleh, I hate the way gender is treated, it's soooo restrictive. Men should be able to wear makeup, wear dressed, etc. and women should be able to build things, repair cars, etc. Gender roles feel more like a prison to me than anything.
I like a man who wears makeup.
Take Nick Rhodes. ;-) (beautiful eyes and even more lovely looking up close in person) ..

Changing the rules like this ..I think it's been referred as metrosexual. Nick and John both wore dresses and at YouTube you can see a video filmed at Sears in USA where they wore ladies dresses left the shop, got in taxi.. good stuff. Made me laugh. They've got balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxdie and Scribble Fan
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i am heterosexual but i am a magnet for gay men. even half of the girlfriends i had did think in the beginning i would be gay.

i didn't know for some time what makes me that gay. now i have a bit of a clue. i guess i took a lot of gestures and movements from my mother. stuff like how i did hold a cigarette. it was always more like a woman.

in my younger years i also kissed around with some men in public or went through the streets hand in hand with a man. it was for me some kind of protest against this stupid prejudices cause back then it was not that liberal in my country like it is today.

i did wear for some time some unisex looking shoes for women cause they did have a bit of a higher heel and i didn't find any of this for men. but i couldn't wear them too long cause they were one number too little and it did hurt after a while.

in my youth i also played a bit around with this feminine side cause i was amused how insecure especially heterosexual men became.

and i also tend to find women with short hair more attractive.

for me this gender stereotypes never existed and i think it's the same bullshit like racism.

one of my heroes is peaches. she deconstructs this gender stuff in pure perfection.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LunarPyotr, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, foxdie and 1 other person