AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I feel like usually when people talk about the things that are motivating them to ctb it's things that are specific to them, like depression, a relationship breakdown, etc.

I have all of that as well, but for me climate change, housing affordability, the economy here in Australia going into the biggest slump since the Great Depression, and just the direction of the world in general towards a pile of shit are all feeding into my desire to ctb.

All the suffering and pain in the world. Who would want to live here?

I wonder if this is common but just rarely acknowledged? It wasn't really obvious until I thought about it, but it does actually make me feel pretty hopeless about the future.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, JackieInTheBox, 262653 and 7 others
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
I watch all the suffering around the world daily on the news and it makes me want to jump off earth daily.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, JackieInTheBox, Good4Nothing and 6 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
All the crap people do n say to each other is a huge factor for me wanting to ctb, kindness seems to be in short supply when all I see are people who are supposed to be kind and supportive to each other rip each other to shreds without remorse... Shitting on each other for power or money or simply just to make themselves look better by comparison; age old problems that don't seem to be phasing out as "society" "grows".

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sadworld, AMG44 and 4 others
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
I'd say this is one of the biggest factors in me wanting to CTB sooner than later - This isn't what was advertised all those years ago when I tried to make something. Not enough jobs, housing, food, water, money, social care, health care, resources, medicine, overpopulation, and that's before climate change really starts to take it's toll. We're all blindly walking in to the biggest clusterfuck a civilisation has faced and nobody seems to mind.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, Hazelnut and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Hopelessness about the future is my biggest reason for ctb. It makes me feel like there's no point in living in such a shitty world.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, Hazelnut and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
It's also one of the reasons for me why i want to ctb. The world goes downhill, also with climate change and all of that stuff but also because we are controlled robotors to work all of our life and then die. Why should i do that? When i can't enjoy my life, why should i keep on living?

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Good4Nothing and 2 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Hopelessness about the future is my biggest reason for ctb. It makes me feel like there's no point in living in such a shitty world.
That's it for me too, the hopelessness of the future.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, Hazelnut and Deleted member 19654
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I feel like usually when people talk about the things that are motivating them to ctb it's things that are specific to them, like depression, a relationship breakdown, etc.

I have all of that as well, but for me climate change, housing affordability, the economy here in Australia going into the biggest slump since the Great Depression, and just the direction of the world in general towards a pile of shit are all feeding into my desire to ctb.

I wonder if this is common but just rarely acknowledged? It wasn't really obvious until I thought about it, but it does actually make me feel pretty hopeless about the future.
I often consider this, but I wonder how many people committed suicide on the day that records began?

It would have been the hottest, coldest, dryest, wettest, windiest day since records began.
In addition, it would have been the worst economic time in recorded history, with more wars going on than ever previously recorded, more people dying than ever before, and more famine than had ever previously been known.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Well if we follow your logic, then every person on earth should have killed themselves in the 18th century.
Infantile mortality at nearly 40%, famines, wars, extreme poverty rate at 90% of the world population.

Last edited:
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Everyone thought the doomsday was to come, the world will be fine. But the current state of society and its systematic ostracization of the "undesirable" is surely contributing to my desire to ctb

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Well if we follow your logic, then every person on earth should have killed themselves in the 18th century.
Infantile mortality at nearly 40%, famines, wars, extreme poverty rate at 90% of the world population.
But that's all they knew, they had nothing better to compare it to.

We're going from having it good to having it crap.

I think that's the difference.

Reactions: Hazelnut and AJ95
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
The fact that this tiny spec of issues on the rigged status quo is what people consider chaos makes me want to ctb. I'm not being Billy big bollocks as in a mad max world I doubt I'd last 5 minutes but anything has got to be better than this consistent evil cesspit of everything wicked and the corruption and falseness this reality must win the universes worst hell hole for eternity.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hazelnut and (deleted member)
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
But that's all they knew, they had nothing better to compare it to.

We're going from having it good to having it crap.

I think that's the difference.
I agree with this.

It feels like we're going from relatively good times to bad and we're headed for worse.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I agree with this.

It feels like we're going from relatively good times to bad and we're headed for worse.
I don't think so because I have an optimistic nature with regard to humankind.
Guess what, stay here a little bit to see who's right ? Aren't you curious lol?
(j/k)

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
How about thinking about what else you can do beside the 9-5, when I think of the 9-5 job and then going home home at the end of the day it always makes me feel worse, but in the end I realised I needed to get that balance between work rest play. So I have a break from work

one thing thing that I think can help people is staying away from telly, I have mine switched off unless I am watching something specific on Netflix.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I actually wait around because I think that the world might be better after covid.
Im hoping it's a wake up call that's been for ced upon humanity to remind us how vulnerable and pathetic the human race really is. I hope it realigns human values.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Oh for sure. Along with my already horrible mental health issues, covid really hasn't helped with any if it. The world is a crappy place and this whole pandemic only further proves this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I actually wait around because I think that the world might be better after covid.
Im hoping it's a wake up call that's been for ced upon humanity to remind us how vulnerable and pathetic the human race really is. I hope it realigns human values.
That would be nice but I'm an old cynic and I think what will happen is that the greedy and nasty among humanity will see it as an opportunity to take more for themselves while shafting the rest of us even more.

• Love
Reactions: Red, Deleted member 19654, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Absolutely. Given the state of the world, what will come post-pandemic (late 2021 or later), there is certainly not much incentive or value in the world to warrant me to stay long term. The shittiness of the world, humanity and humans in general, and much more are big factors in why I wish to exit this hellish existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, allym101, 262653 and 1 other person
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
It's just depressing to think about. A crushing hopeless that no matter what I do, will never go away. This isn't the world we were promised as children.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Good4Nothing, KleinerWolf and 2 others
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
If only. Unfortunately things like this only divide and separate even more. It reminds me of a book I read this year (The Three Body Problem, the entire trilogy is incredible). Everyone always believes that if we were contacted by another civilization, or if we were under attack by one, we would all band together as one against a common threat. The book describes how the exact opposite would happen. International events like these only divide, resulting in a monopoly over who gets what level of care or respite.

Even if/when we find a vaccine for COVID, it'll then come down to price, who gets it, which countries get the best, which health insurance covers it, who can't afford it etc.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80, Good4Nothing and Deleted member 19654