EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
This is like my 4/5 day without eating.. i feel really weak, but im fine, not painful

How many days you need for starving? do you think its possible? there are some side effect if i can't endure in the last days?
It will become painful?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Are you drinking anything?

Also, starving is a very long and painful process. You can't ctb with it, too unreliable, you'd soon give up and eat something because of SI. It's unavoidable. Please consider another method.

• Hugs
Reactions: AKAY87, Broccoli eater, itssoooover and 5 others
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

May 14, 2023
Are you drinking anything?

Also, starving is a very long and painful process. You can't ctb with it, too unreliable, you'd soon give up and eat something because of SI. It's unavoidable. Please consider another method.
yeah im drinking water, if there is no side effect im curious to see how much i can endure

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
yeah im drinking water, if there is no side effect im curious to see how much i can endure
It depends on your metabolism, most people would be able to endure a week or two while some with higher metabolsim would be able to survive longer. Also the body will essentially be eating itself near the end of it so thats another factor of survival. But you shouldn't go about trying to ctb like this. Very long and painful, like I said earlier.

• Hugs
Reactions: mouseteacup and EndJstifiesTheMeans
B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
Depending on your starting weight you can go a long time without eating. I've went on a 10 day water fast before to lose weight; It's not as lethal as you'd think

• Hugs
Reactions: nadia225, Sweet Tart, jar-baby and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
This is like my 4/5 day without eating.. i feel really weak, but im fine, not painful

How many days you need for starving? do you think its possible? there are some side effect if i can't endure in the last days?
It will become painful?
4/5 day for what? Starvation? Don't do that. It's a bad idea like dehydration. Hypothermia is the best of the passive category.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broccoli eater, Wehmut, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
can't you destroy your stomach lining and develop ulcers?

• Hugs
Reactions: EndJstifiesTheMeans
M

meadow2

Aug 8, 2023
People do crazy long fasts, like 30-40 days. I believe the longest ever fast was an obese guy who went for over a year without eating. Hunger strikers of last a month or so. It will depend on your starting weight. It wouldn't be a nice way to go. Stopping eating OR drinking would be much more effective but again unpleasant.

• Hugs
Reactions: fwompie, Sweet Tart and EndJstifiesTheMeans
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023

It will become painful?
If you're reading this, you'll definitely stop doing it voluntarily!!

60 days - that's about how long a healthy adult can survive without food. This only works because the body slows down all of its functions to conserve energy. However, this has far-reaching consequences for every cell in the body. For example, organs shrink to keep the brain functioning
A person of normal weight can withstand this for about 60 days before starvation-death inevitably occurs due to a protein deficiency. The prerequisite, however, is that vital nutrients can be absorbed through the water drunk. A starving person loses around one kilogram of body weight per day, and later around 500 grams. However, it takes about a week for the body to break down the body's own fat, and the muscle tissue is only touched after about two weeks. The following explains how extreme hunger affects the heart, brain, gastrointestinal tract, and hormone balance.

Cardiovascular effects
If you starve, it affects every last corner of your body. Very extreme also on the cardiovascular system. As the body tries to get energy from its own system, it also taps into muscle tissue - including heart muscle tissue. As a result, both the pulse and blood pressure drop so that as little energy as possible is used for the heartbeat. In the worst case, this leads to a heart defect and the heart stops.

Effects on the gastrointestinal tract
The gastrointestinal tract is also severely affected when we are starving, which can sometimes result in painful symptoms. This can cause abdominal distension, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. There is also a risk of contracting a bacterial infection. Fluctuations in blood sugar levels are also likely. If you starve for a long time, you will probably also suffer from constipation, since the muscles are weakened - including those of the intestine. Another consequence can be inflammation of the pancreas, which in turn leads to pain, nausea and vomiting.

Effects on the central nervous system
Of course, the central nervous system is not spared either: Normally, our brain uses about a fifth of our energy. However, if we starve, our body goes on the back burner, which is why less energy is available to the brain. Possible consequences are concentration difficulties and sleep disturbances.

Effects on hormonal balance
Hormones are also said to play a very important role in how our body functions. They are produced in one of the many glands (for example in the pituitary gland, the ovaries or the testicles) and travel through the blood to the organ in which they take effect. They play a major role in growth processes and also in reproduction. The respective glands need fat and cholesterol for the production of the hormones. For example, the hormones estrogen, testosterone or thyroid hormones can then be produced.

If there is not enough energy available because we are starving, our hormone system no longer functions properly. This can lead to menstrual disorders in women - in an emergency, the period stops completely. Also, bones can become very weak and metabolism can slow down. Body temperature can also drop, which can lead to hypothermia. All this is reflected, for example, in dry skin, brittle hair or hair loss. In addition, a fuzz can form as the body tries to warm itself.

Without food, the starvation metabolism sets in
If we suffer - voluntarily or involuntarily - from hunger, the so-called hunger metabolism kicks in. This is voluntarily provoked, among other things, when fasting* or in the case of anorexia. Because the body has fewer calories than usual, it switches to the back burner. This means that the metabolism goes into a kind of resting phase, causing it to work more slowly. A grown man needs about 1,800 kilocalories per day due to the starvation metabolism.

What factors affect survival without food?
There are some influencing factors that can affect survival without food. These are:

- the age
- the gender
- body height
- the body weight
- the physical fitness
- the general physical health
- the current activity level
- Experts suspect that fluid intake is also relevant: regular sips of water are supposed to prolong survival without food.

Editing:
@EndJstifiedTheMeans status "Bad english, didn't go to school sorry"

I hope you can read/understand everything? Or work with a translator?
can't you destroy your stomach lining and develop ulcers?
Gastric mucosa yes, ulcers possible.
Stomach ulcers, for example, are mainly caused by excess stomach acid. Colonization of the gastric mucosa with Helicobacter (bacteria) is often responsible.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: olearius, Wehmut, kitty_kat and 5 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Hunger is endless without water and food maybe 10 days - 7 days maybe

• Hugs
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

May 14, 2023
If you're reading this, you'll definitely stop doing it voluntarily!!

60 days - that's about how long a healthy adult can survive without food. This only works because the body slows down all of its functions to conserve energy. However, this has far-reaching consequences for every cell in the body. For example, organs shrink to keep the brain functioning
A person of normal weight can withstand this for about 60 days before starvation-death inevitably occurs due to a protein deficiency. The prerequisite, however, is that vital nutrients can be absorbed through the water drunk. A starving person loses around one kilogram of body weight per day, and later around 500 grams. However, it takes about a week for the body to break down the body's own fat, and the muscle tissue is only touched after about two weeks. The following explains how extreme hunger affects the heart, brain, gastrointestinal tract, and hormone balance.

Cardiovascular effects
If you starve, it affects every last corner of your body. Very extreme also on the cardiovascular system. As the body tries to get energy from its own system, it also taps into muscle tissue - including heart muscle tissue. As a result, both the pulse and blood pressure drop so that as little energy as possible is used for the heartbeat. In the worst case, this leads to a heart defect and the heart stops.

Effects on the gastrointestinal tract
The gastrointestinal tract is also severely affected when we are starving, which can sometimes result in painful symptoms. This can cause abdominal distension, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. There is also a risk of contracting a bacterial infection. Fluctuations in blood sugar levels are also likely. If you starve for a long time, you will probably also suffer from constipation, since the muscles are weakened - including those of the intestine. Another consequence can be inflammation of the pancreas, which in turn leads to pain, nausea and vomiting.

Effects on the central nervous system
Of course, the central nervous system is not spared either: Normally, our brain uses about a fifth of our energy. However, if we starve, our body goes on the back burner, which is why less energy is available to the brain. Possible consequences are concentration difficulties and sleep disturbances.

Effects on hormonal balance
Hormones are also said to play a very important role in how our body functions. They are produced in one of the many glands (for example in the pituitary gland, the ovaries or the testicles) and travel through the blood to the organ in which they take effect. They play a major role in growth processes and also in reproduction. The respective glands need fat and cholesterol for the production of the hormones. For example, the hormones estrogen, testosterone or thyroid hormones can then be produced.

If there is not enough energy available because we are starving, our hormone system no longer functions properly. This can lead to menstrual disorders in women - in an emergency, the period stops completely. Also, bones can become very weak and metabolism can slow down. Body temperature can also drop, which can lead to hypothermia. All this is reflected, for example, in dry skin, brittle hair or hair loss. In addition, a fuzz can form as the body tries to warm itself.

Without food, the starvation metabolism sets in
If we suffer - voluntarily or involuntarily - from hunger, the so-called hunger metabolism kicks in. This is voluntarily provoked, among other things, when fasting* or in the case of anorexia. Because the body has fewer calories than usual, it switches to the back burner. This means that the metabolism goes into a kind of resting phase, causing it to work more slowly. A grown man needs about 1,800 kilocalories per day due to the starvation metabolism.

What factors affect survival without food?
There are some influencing factors that can affect survival without food. These are:

- the age
- the gender
- body height
- the body weight
- the physical fitness
- the general physical health
- the current activity level
- Experts suspect that fluid intake is also relevant: regular sips of water are supposed to prolong survival without food.

Editing:
@EndJstifiedTheMeans status "Bad english, didn't go to school sorry"

I hope you can read/understand everything? Or work with a translator?

Gastric mucosa yes, ulcers possible.
Stomach ulcers, for example, are mainly caused by excess stomach acid. Colonization of the gastric mucosa with Helicobacter (bacteria) is often responsible.
thank you!

Im still going honestly didn't eat nothing today too
Im even cutting myself
So it only works if i didn't drink too?

Anorexia how work?

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Around this time, two years ago, I found myself in a deep depression I was unable to come out of. I turned to experimental drugs in the hopes of it helping me as it helped my friends, but to no avail. Anyway, I was punishing myself over a dumb decision I made and I was feeling every ounce of the subsequent consequences. I stopped eating for 8 days. I was still doing well. I did drink sips of water or soda every few hours but it wasn't enough for me to die. I didn't mean to kill myself that way, I was just punishing myself and if I wasn't going to wake up the next day, I wouldn't have minded. When I finally did start eating, by the way, my jaws were so not used to it that it actually hurt my jaws a lot because of the way I was moving them while eating. I told one of my friends about not having eaten for 8 days and he was worried, saying I could have died. My only thoughts at that moment were "If only."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AKAY87, anhedonicNfoggy, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
thank you!

Im still going honestly didn't eat nothing today too
Im even cutting myself

So it only works if i didn't drink too?

Anorexia how work?
Starvation and dehydration, you can quickly forget about that. For very old people, yes. With healthy people it can take up to 3-4 weeks. It doesn't work at all on your own. After 2 days you get hallucinations due to lack of water etc.

In anorexia, people eat and drink very little, hardly take any carbohydrates, no fats, no sugar. After eating, they put their finger in their mouth to vomit it all up again.

The body is not supplied with enough nutrients. Deficiency symptoms develop. Those affected are often tired and cold. They have a too slow heartbeat, possibly cardiac arrhythmias, circulatory problems and concentration problems.

• Informative
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
The body can go without food for a potentially very long time but afaik cannot go without water for more than a few days.

• Hugs
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Starvation and dehydration, you can quickly forget about that. For very old people, yes. With healthy people it can take up to 3-4 weeks. It doesn't work at all on your own. After 2 days you get hallucinations due to lack of water etc.

In anorexia, people eat and drink very little, hardly take any carbohydrates, no fats, no sugar. After eating, they put their finger in their mouth to vomit it all up again.

The body is not supplied with enough nutrients. Deficiency symptoms develop. Those affected are often tired and cold. They have a too slow heartbeat, possibly cardiac arrhythmias, circulatory problems and concentration problems.
Can you describe the hallucinations? I'm going to the desert and want details

• Hugs
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Should you decide on eating again google refeeding syndrome before hand!

• Informative
Reactions: mouseteacup, EndJstifiesTheMeans and CTBookOfLife
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023

It will become painful?
I have some experience with this, in a way. I am barely eating now, and what I do eat isn't absorbing (I suspect Lupus). I have lost the most weight I have ever lost, which is saying a lot because I had an eating disorder for years..

It's not fun. At all. I'm weak, constant brain fog. I bounce between horrible hunger pains and complete numbness. I sleep most of the day. I'm constantly "hangry" due to low blood sugar.

I look like a skeleton. Even my temple bones on my skull are sunken in. I have horrible bloating from the inflammation in my gut (likely due to lack of nutrients).

If this is not for you, please don't continue.. because it gets worse. Your hair falls out in clumps. Your eye-sight deteriorates and your hands will shake so much you will barely be able to type.

The end would come in an organ failure (liver, heart, etc), a stroke, or, more rarely, a lethal seizure. It isn't pretty. It's uncommon for even the final end to be quick and painless. Heart attacks hurt like hell. Organ failure is arguably the worst way to go. Seizure would be best, but it's unlikely to happen, not to mention it may not leave you fully unconscious, so suffering is also very possible.

• Informative
Reactions: olearius, mouseteacup and EndJstifiesTheMeans
AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
Human body is suprisingly resiliant. The thing that will kill you if you keep going is heart failure once your body starts chewing on your heart. It'll be incredebly painful and it can last very long. It's ultimately about luck, your body picks at random what muscles it sacrafices and will keep doing that for potentially really long time. If you get super unlucky, you'll survive long enough for electrolyte balance to come disturbed (not enough salt) wich will be equally painful but cause coma before death, giving people plenty of time to save you.

Potential risks include permanent heart damage/failure, permanent kidney damage/failure permanent liver damage/failure permanent brain damage, permanent hair loss, osteoporosis, leukemia, arthritis, damage to your teeth, damage to your stomach or other part of digestive system (atleast killing a lot of gut biome for good, it'll never be the same again) possibly ruining your metabolism, and likely some other issues that i forgot to mention.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: CTBookOfLife, mouseteacup and EndJstifiesTheMeans
Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
Can you describe the hallucinations? I'm going to the desert and want details
A hallucination is a sensory illusion, the perception of stimuli that are not real but have the character of reality for the person concerned. It can affect all senses (e.g. sight, hearing and smell). Hallucinations can include hearing voices or seeing and smelling certain objects (water, flowers, etc.) that are not there. Those affected are convinced that what they perceive is real.

• Informative
Reactions: CTBookOfLife, mouseteacup and EndJstifiesTheMeans
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
A hallucination is a sensory illusion, the perception of stimuli that are not real but have the character of reality for the person concerned. It can affect all senses (e.g. sight, hearing and smell). Hallucinations can include hearing voices or seeing and smelling certain objects (water, flowers, etc.) that are not there. Those affected are convinced that what they perceive is real.
This really explains why some people saw demons in the desert in the past

• Hugs
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

May 14, 2023
still starving, i lost every way to contact her..
I can't do anything just laying in bad all day

mouseteacup

mouseteacup

mouse - it/its
Aug 1, 2023
It's definitely possible to die by starvation — it happens all the time to humans and other animals alike — but it's a terrible way to go. I went to a boarding school very briefly and got depressed as hell there, tried to starve myself to death... barely made it a day. (I also have several health conditions, so my symptoms were likely more intense/had a quicker onset). I wouldn't try to CTB this way ever again; it's one of the most painful passive methods, as mentioned above.

• Love
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
you shouldnt pick that as your method. you'll fail

anyways for true starvation it takes a lot more than 4/5 days. you start to have severe problems if your normal weight that is like around 3 weeks without food. but that's with litterally no calorie, even just a little couple hundred calories here and there will extend things. it takes about 40-60 days to die with 0 calories for reference but that's so hard to do cos at some point you'll be so hungry you will eat something. besides its super uncomfy and painful. personally i went without food at most about 9 days and yea no dont recommend. for me at the end i couldnt even really move from my bed unless i had the willpower cos i felt really sick and drained of everything, couldnt really stand up for more than a few seconds without feeling faint and really out of breath, had headaches almost everyday, a little bit of water would make me sick and want to vomit and gave me a stomachache, half of the time was rabiddely obsessed with food and would spend my time watching mukbangs and food porn imagining myself eating it. even considered digging through my trash to eat something semi rotten and almost ate spices and soy sauce cos that's all there was, also thought too about stealing the person i live with's food cos i was starving so bad. i only thought about food. my depression was way worse too and the little pleasure minus the virtual food binges that i can feel normally was gone. and that's just a week and half so a bit longer than that and would be so much worse. so yea not a great way to go

• Informative
Reactions: CTBookOfLife
JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023

It will become painful?
if youre drinking water it takes a really long time. longest ive gone is 3 weeks. at the one week mark i'd say your hunger disappears and your body kicks into survival mode. you'll lose weight real fast but i dont think its as lethal as you think.
at some point id say 2 weeks in things get pretty bonkers, hallucinations, feeling like passing out 24/7, sudden body movements that you cant control, everything feels like its slowing down and feeling like you cant really breathe just to name a few.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: fwompie
EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

May 14, 2023
Still didn't eat, im starting have hallucination, i dont't know if its because of the many hanging attempt too