Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
If you force the brain to gradually die by starving it of what it needs to live, like by partial hanging, I've come across writings that suggest this will create certain mystical euphoric experiences, some due to the brain releasing certain substances as part of its response to dying. That is, you will experience the death process.

But if you instantly shut down the brain, like by firing a shotgun into the appropriate cortex region, you assumably won't experience anything but instant oblivion.

How does this influence your choice of method?

Is the death process something you would not want to miss?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Astral316, Lifeisatrap, CFLoser and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
This post is very on point for me. It just so happens that for unrelated reasons, my method of choice is to rent a cabin in the woods, take a noose and a shotgun. Try for the noose for a day or two... if I can't get that to work, resort to the shotgun. I had originally chosen the noose over the shotgun for unrelated reasons, but if what you say is accurate that's another reason for me to prefer the noose: I'm someone who certainly wants to go through "the death experience"

I'll add to this that in my younger years, I had some mystical experiences with mushrooms–the best of which were alone or with an intimate partner. Those experiences helped me feel more comfortable with death and make me more interested in going through what you're describing as a mystical death experience. Also to add–I don't believe in anything supernatural but I think there's a part of the brain that produces some wild stuff... kind of like more vivid dreams.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Astral316, Lennox, nolongerhurting and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Why would that happen?

I'm not saying it won't I'm just wondering why it would happen.

If you're dying, I would assume your brain, even if it's partially dead, would be screaming at you to figure stuff out and stop dying.

As for me, I would rather just end it destroying the brain. Death itself doesn't really appeal to me in any special way, I just don't like being alive.

• Love
Reactions: Wheelz1985, Lifeisatrap, Lennox and 2 others
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
Why would that happen?

I'm not saying it won't I'm just wondering why it would happen.

If you're dying, I would assume your brain, even if it's partially dead, would be screaming at you to figure stuff out and stop dying.

As for me, I would rather just end it destroying the brain. Death itself doesn't really appeal to me in any special way, I just don't like being alive.

I guess "why" is part of the great mystery.

Here's an article that states the brain releases DMT during death.

I remember while sleeping having dreams that seemed to have lasted for years, perhaps this DMT produces a euphoric after-death trip through a blissful paradise that lasts for eons...?

The death process could be any sort of fantastic experience, lasting any amount of subjective time.

The only way to find out just how it goes, is to maximize the chances of your brain giving you this possible grand "final act Magical Mystery Tour".

Also, the death schedule for SN is (something like) 10 minutes to unconsciousness, 40 to brain death. That's a half-hour, lots of time for your brain to give you all sorts of experiences.

Last edited: