S

screaming-beauty

May 3, 2023
I have a chronic brain disease that won't kill me. The main symptoms is incurable and treatment barely helps not liveable. At the end of my rope having to deal with this. I have no quality of life no health, no social life, no work because I'm now housebound due to this condition. I want to starve to death the only time I drink is to take my cocktail of tablets 5 in total 3 times a day. They barely help at all. Does anyone know how long it will take to finally die I've seen mixed results anywhere from 30 or less days to almost 90 with water. The only water I will be drinking is small sips for the pills and no food it's been several days already no appetite no thirst just in bed.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
This sounds like a pretty bad way to die. Have you thought about another way?

Reactions: IBM0000 and Praestat_Mori
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
I highly encourage you against this method as its very painful and you'll have a very strong survival instinct to eat. Maybe you can try other methods with less SI? I wish you luck.

Reactions: IBM0000
I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
This sounds like a pretty bad way to die. Have you thought about another way?
Exactly...Even overdosing on the pills you take would probably be better than starving yourself to death.
Not that I mean you should...Just saying.

P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
I have a chronic brain disease that won't kill me. The main symptoms is incurable and treatment barely helps not liveable. At the end of my rope having to deal with this. I have no quality of life no health, no social life, no work because I'm now housebound due to this condition. I want to starve to death the only time I drink is to take my cocktail of tablets 5 in total 3 times a day. They barely help at all. Does anyone know how long it will take to finally die I've seen mixed results anywhere from 30 or less days to almost 90 with water. The only water I will be drinking is small sips for the pills and no food it's been several days already no appetite no thirst just in bed.
Can you get physician assisted suicide? Maybe ins switzerland or belgium. If your condition is as described they will 100% do it there. I understand the money could be a big issue though.
If you're nearly bed ridden it's likely going to be closer to 90 days unfortunately. SN could be a decent alternative for someone in your situation.

Reactions: dreamingofrest and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
The vsed method is a lot quicker than just starving.
A death from the Voluntary Stop Eating and Drinking method takes on average between 3 to 10 days depending on the state of a person's physical health and makeup.

• Informative
Reactions: die_young
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really horrible what you are going through so I hope that you eventually find freedom from your suffering, it's hellish how people have to suffer so much in this existence.

lunchbox

lunchbox

Nov 18, 2023
Once your body goes into starvation mode after fasting for a while (varies depending on BMR and BMI), it should not be particularly painful, just drawn out. You will feel fatigued and weak, but it will give way into waves of second wind and dizziness. Staying hydrated will prevent the worst aspects of starvation, such as headaches and stomach cramps. I've suffered with anorexia for years and getting past the initial hunger pangs is the hardest part - just drink plenty of water.

A caveat - if you change your mind and start eating again, be very wary of refeeding syndrome. That will be painful if you trigger it. Good luck <3