Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
Life for me, as I've seen it, is like a night sky: darkness everywhere. At intervals, somewhere in that darkness, there are lights scattered across the sky. I lived for those little lights.

I spent a lot of my childhood thinking of reasons to Be. Reasons to carry on. I found them, and I didn't. I think I gave life a real chance. When I was a preteen I remember being told something along the lines of, "If you have a problem with everything, it's not everything; it's you." I was such an angry child, mad at the world. Mad at everything. And it seemed like everyone else was going about their lives and that line never left me. The anger went away. I didn't feel anything for years after that.

I was always introspective but the level of self reflection that instilled in me was permanent. This post is not the story of my life. Not even a summary. It's not about the dark. It's about the little lights. Over the years the reinforced belief that I was bad, wrong, and did not belong, made me question all the things I believed in. I opened myself to change. I started doing things. Just because.

After failing a few attempts and being hospitalized I spent the rest of my mid and late teens intoxicated. Most people didn't care. The ones that did preferred me drunk. There were no genies at the bottom of those bottles but I sure checked.

Life went on with Apollo in one pocket and Dionysus in the other. I learned instruments and never ordered the same thing twice at a restaurant until I'd tried the entire menu. I completed marathons and went on weekend sex binges. I wrote, learned that love was real, forgave, climbed mountains, watched sunsets. I learned to love the little things. I felt again. Life was beautiful. And it wasn't enough. I never got better. I never stopped wanting to die.

For almost ten years life has been checking items off my bucket list and answering philosophical questions. I do not think there is anything I could go back in time and do, there is no time that I could have tried harder, that would make the Sun rise. It is always going to be night for me. I'm just glad I got to see the stars. I don't regret life. I think I played the hand I was dealt the best that I could. Even if my story was happy, all books have an ending. I'm just ready for mine. I can rest knowing that, short of reproducing, I really did try. It just wasn't in the cards for me.

If there is one thing I could leave behind that I found along the way that I think makes life better, it would be to be with good people in beautiful places. And if there are no good people and if everywhere is ugly, be a good person; make somewhere beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: sunnysidedown, wait.what, bluebus and 1 other person
strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Feel free to contact me <3
Aug 29, 2023
That was very beautfully written i dont know if that was your intetion but its true. You have lived a life and to some people a full one. to me thats beatful you did your best and I know my words mean nothing but stranger I am proud of you. I wish you to have no pain in whatever you choose in life or death and i wish you every happiness in whatever may be after <3

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
That was very beautfully written i dont know if that was your intetion but its true. You have lived a life and to some people a full one. to me thats beatful you did your best and I know my words mean nothing but stranger I am proud of you. I wish you to have no pain in whatever you choose in life or death and i wish you every happiness in whatever may be after <3
Your words have meaning. Even as strangers. Sometimes it feels like I've lived lives. But it's all been a journey through the dark to the next star.
Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: strawberry_lemons
Kerock

Kerock

Apr 10, 2023
I hope to complete things off my bucket list. Im suicidal but I guess I was never able to pull through because I still have things to do and experience in life. Thank you for helping me find my north star

• Love
Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
I hope to complete things off my bucket list. Im suicidal but I guess I was never able to pull through because I still have things to do and experience in life. Thank you for helping me find my north star
You made typing up these thoughts worth it. Even in the misery life can be beautiful. And if you can experience that before writing the ending you want your story to have, I would be content. There are things worth experiencing.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
That's a gorgeous summing-up of the better reasons to ctb, as well as the reasons to stay. No mean feat. I kind of wish I'd written it, but if I had, it would have a lot fewer Classical references and a lot more profanity and text emojis, so it would seem much less classy. ("Apollo in one pocket and Dionysus in the other" is a fantastic line, btw.)

P.S. Fuck the fucking fuckery up the fucking fuck.

Fuck.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯