A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
hello there! welcome all to the star wars megathread.

please feel free to discuss all things star wars here (though perhaps for certain things we could use spoilers), share memes, show some character appreciation and so on!

i'd like to start with sharing my love of the soundtrack for revenge of the sith! which i'm not ashamed to admit i've cried to several times!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ghostkid, LastFlowers, Looooser and 5 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021

I enjoyed in particular the part where the 501st marches up the Jedi Temple

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, Looooser, Silenos and 2 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Nub nub.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Looooser, Deleted member 8975 and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022

I enjoyed in particular the part where the 501st marches up the Jedi Temple

love the whole thing, but the first two minutes are so beautiful!

also love this song, but so heartbreaking!

Reactions: Looooser and Deleted member 8975
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Hurting Lego Star Wars the complete saga on steam lately... Actually so good 😅

Getting 100% without looking anything up is going to take a while.

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, allesistgut and Deleted member 8975
D

Deleted member 8975

There is no try…there is ONLY: DEW.

graphiclab_mountain-dewback_1407136363.full.png

• Love
Reactions: edu0z, Looooser and allesistgut
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Pichewawa!

• Yay!
Reactions: allesistgut
D

Deleted member 8975

The REAL Mandalorian theme song (Fett's Vette):

• Yay!
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I prefer the original versions of the OT, but this track is the one change I like from the special editions.

Who else is hyped for the Kenobi series?

kqm6nn5swzi81.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Looooser and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
Hurting Lego Star Wars the complete saga on steam lately... Actually so good 😅

Getting 100% without looking anything up is going to take a while.
oh lego star wars! played one of those a long time ago (can't remember which though) and had so much fun!

Pichewawa!
Ee chee wa maa!

I prefer the original versions of the OT, but this track is the one change I like from the special editions.

very nice!

Who else is hyped for the Kenobi series?

kqm6nn5swzi81.jpg
yes, so excited! and can't wait to see hayden christensen again!

The REAL Mandalorian theme song (Fett's Vette):

haha! gotta dance to this for sure!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Silenos and Deleted member 8975
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Ex-squeeze me, but the mostest bestest movie would be "Return of the Jedi". Any other movie is a trap!

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Silenos, Looooser and 4 others
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
Ex-squeeze me, but the mostest bestest movie would be "Return of the Jedi". Any other movie is a trap!
it's treason then!

• Yay!
Reactions: Silenos, Looooser, Julgran and 1 other person
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
this popped up in my youtube recommended and i thought it was fun to watch and wanted to share.

it does have spoilers for "the book of boba fett" though so i wouldn't watch it if you haven't seen the show yet and are planning on watching it! ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and Silenos
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
this popped up in my youtube recommended and i thought it was fun to watch and wanted to share.

it does have spoilers for "the book of boba fett" though so i wouldn't watch it if you haven't seen the show yet and are planning on watching it! ❤️

That was cool. People should see it - just "Do it!" :smiling:

• Love
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Might be too far off topic from star wars but Chad Vader was pretty funny.

And can we get some love for Jar Jar Binks??? Just kidding!

• Yay!
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
And can we get some love for Jar Jar Binks??? Just kidding!
Ok but imagine if George Lucas had followed through on his original idea to make him a Sith lord more powerful than Palpatine.

• Wow
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
Might be too far off topic from star wars but Chad Vader was pretty funny.
just looked up chad vader! it was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one! haha ☺️

Ok but imagine if George Lucas had followed through on his original idea to make him a Sith lord more powerful than Palpatine.

• Wow
Reactions: Smart No More, Looooser and Silenos
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I think I could handle Jar Jar if he was evil. That could make for a funny parody. Secret sith lord playing the bafoon. Surprising we haven't seen it already on the likes of Robot Chicken.
That said I could handle seeing Jar Jars head on a spike too. :))

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
I think I could handle Jar Jar if he was evil. That could make for a funny parody. Secret sith lord playing the bafoon.
yeah same here. although he was slightly more tolerable to watch in the clone wars series compared to in the prequel trilogy.

That said I could handle seeing Jar Jars head on a spike too.
though i also 100% agree with you on that haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smart No More and Looooser
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
yeah same here. although he was slightly more tolerable to watch in the clone wars series compared to the prequel trilogy.
I have to admit I haven't ventured into the clone wars series. I don't know why but the animated stuff never appealed to me. I did watch the Droids and Ewoks cartoons as a kid though. Maybe that's what put me off. :)) I always feel like things get diluted and protracted into looking and feeling a bit out of place. I see characters that come from a different set of design principals and sometimes they look like they belong more in star trek or even something like World of Warcraft than Star Wars. (potential soft spoiler warning - don't read if you haven't watched The Book of Boba Fett series and/or don't want to know about character design elements) An example of a more recent case of that would be the mods in TBoBF. They're such a literal interpretation of the actual mods that used to ride around on scooters. It's really cringy I think. They even had the same extravagant mirrors on their bikes. So they mod themselves and are styled on the Mods that many (people of a certain age) will know from the film Quadrophenia. What a cheap pun of a concept. It just pulls me out of it and I can't apply a suspension of disbelief when it's a reference to something IRL. It probably seems a bit nostalgic and interesting to Jon Favreau but I just find it twee and jaring. I have been quite happy with his approach to The Madolorian though. The only things I wasn't too crazy about were some casting choices and 'the way' thing. It's certainly been a lot closer to capturing the essence of the original trilogy though.

Is Favereau directing Obi Wan or is that a new director? I could look it up I know. I hope Kathleen Kennedy doesn't get her fingers into it. She annoys the shit out of me.

Last edited:
  • Love
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
I have to admit I haven't ventured into the clone wars series. I don't know why but the animated stuff never appealed to me. I did watch the Droids and Ewoks cartoons as a kid though.
the clone wars show isn't for everyone of course, but i loved it and i always recommend it!

i think it adds so much! and while the animation in the first few seasons is a bit…rough, it gets really good as the show progresses and is just amazing in the last few seasons. story wise it's somewhat similar in my opinion, there are some episodes that are just kind of fun to watch, but especially as you get further into the show just wow! cried my eyes out more than once. plus it really adds a lot to why anakin turned to the dark side among other things. it's just really good!

(if you ever decide to watch it, here is a good overview of how to watch the episodes in chronological order https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorde. ❤️)

An example of a more recent case of that would be the mods in TBoBF. They're such a literal interpretation of the actual mods that used to ride around on scooters. It's really cringy I think.
so far i'm not so sure how i feel about the book of boba overall, i'm enjoying it but not sure where i'd rank it. but i gotta say i felt the same when i saw those scooters, i was kind of like what is this? it felt so out of place and not really very star wars to me.

I have been quite happy with his approach to The Madolorian though. The only things I wasn't too crazy about were some casting choices and 'the way' thing. It's certainly been a lot closer to capturing the essence of the original trilogy though.
i really enjoyed the mandalorian! ☺️ i do get what you mean about "this is the way", but i don't know i think it's also kind of fun. i definitely said it a lot with one of my friends after we both watched the show haha.

Is Favereau handling Obi Wan or is that a new director? I could look it up I know. I hope Kathleen Kennedy doesn't get her fingers into it. She annoys the shit out of me.
deborah chow is directing obi wan and i was looking up a bit of stuff and she directed two episodes in the first season of the mandalorian which along with some other stuff i saw she directed makes me even more excited for the show!

Last edited:
Reactions: Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
deborah chow is directing obi wan and i was looking up a bit of stuff and she directed two episodes in the first season of the mandalorian which along with some other stuff i saw she directed makes me even more excited for the show!
Ah that sounds promising. She directed Better Call Saul too.

• Love
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Can we fix it so this plays whenever fixthe26 enters the forum. :devil::pfff::pfff::hihi:

• Yay!
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
wanted to share this artwork by "madibek musabekov" which i think looks pretty cool. B96C70BB 4EC3 4F3F 91D5 77A8A37C991F

• Love
Reactions: Looooser, not-2-b-the-answer and Ringo
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Remember when Grievous was scary?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Hikikomori1, not-2-b-the-answer, allesistgut and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 8975

09AF113D 0246 484D BB9B 2B3AA9D806E6
Hello there! I love using Adobe Wan Kenobi. The photos I edit are TRUE…from a certain point of view…

*runs*

• Yay!
Reactions: Looooser, Ringo, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others