W

WhathaveIdone

Feb 21, 2020
Why isn't self stabbing used more often?

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
Survival instinct mainly I guess. It takes quite a bit of strength to stab deep enough and it's almost impossible to completely suppress SI. So you'd instinctively pull the punch so to speak.

W

WhathaveIdone

Feb 21, 2020
Yeah I can imagine.. Desperate times

x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
I think you have to be very precise to hit a heart with the knife. And even then, I doubt you won't feel any pain, not sure.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I imagine it'd be pretty difficult to pull off.
Also, you could survive the stab, but die from sepsis much much longer afterward.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I dont think you really wanna stab the shit outta yourself..Blood squirting everywhere,you getting afraid.Calling for someone to come save you.

When you see blood and viscera it often changes your mind...Thats you my homie..And it aint no fucking Hollywood movie or gore video your viewing.

You will be shocked how your mind acts. :devil:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
This is the method Elliott Smith used... sounds painful.

Reactions: Wheelz1985
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Jumping from a tall building, no actual bodily harm till you hit the bottom,
SN falling asleep as and when it kicks in,
Hanging a slow but in some way's a painess process, kinda like falling asleep,

Stabbing onesself, an act of self pain, infliction and distress that needs force and a certain amount of balls to be able to hope the object is sharp enough to pierce skin with the intention of ending ones own existence,
Nah think ill stick with the the options ta

Reactions: SipSop
I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
I think you have to be very precise to hit a heart with the knife. And even then, I doubt you won't feel any pain, not sure.

The liver is a much bigger organ and easier to hit. It contains so many blood vessels that even a small incision can lead to a very swift death by blood loss. If that's what someone wants to do.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I mean if you can pull it off. If you are set on this method, your threshold will be a lot higher, which could be a good thing.

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Why isn't self stabbing used more often?
I really though about just taping the knife to a tree and just running toward it it would probably never work though :ehh:

• Love
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Do you think you would have to be strung out on some kind of pain minimising drug for this to work?

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
You know, maybe with some kind of strong local anesthetic it may work, but you'd need to properly apply that local anesthetic.

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
How about if I stab stomach? Will I die of bleeding?
And how much time?

Last edited:
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
How about if I stab stomach? Will I die of bleeding?
And how much time?

I think you'll have enough time to find a high enough building to jump from on Google maps, travel to it on a bicycle, go up the stairs to the roof and jump to end the pain you'll be in.

---
Serious answer: Don't do it. It is very unreliable and painful (subjective). There is no answer to your question.

Last edited:
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
it's a terrifying death, you lose blood like a crushed tomato.

Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
Think of the pain when you partially hang from your bedroom door with a belt and you fight to find the carotids - think of the terror when you swallow your SN drink - think of the seconds as you drop from the top floor of that building. Now, multiply them all by 10, and your still not close to trying to stab yourself in the stomach/heart.

I think the only way to do that would be having the blade sticking from the ground then somehow fall on-top of it. Not easy. I'd stick to one of the more 'reliable' methods.

Reactions: Wheelz1985 and Rocket1Rocket1
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I think only way you can inflict it on yourself would be extreme psychosis or I don't know if your whole family will die unless you stab
If I would go down this road I will ask someone to stab me. Basically I would put a hit on me. Then if he does it quickly you have shock and fade away

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Cut related suicides seem to be more popular with medical professionals. I guess it makes sense being that they're trained on human anatomy.