S

Sangre

Feb 18, 2020
Like the title says. What does anyone think? The knife that's gonna be used looks similar to this: Ee6f9410a1b0442d6c08b70a0fe20d7c
The blade is 8 inches.

N

Notmadeforthislife

Jul 12, 2020
Sounds painful. How are you going to locate it?

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Sounds like a painful method. How will you overcome SI?
I'm also not sure of the success rate of this method.
I have also thought about doing this, but so many things could go wrong.

any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Bold attempt for sure. But there is no denial in the fact that you are dead for sure if you will be able to cut that thick blood vessel. Depending on the heartrate if not immediately cared for you can bleed out it like 30 seconds. I once saw this clip of a soldier that got shot in the leg and he bled out so fast, it was intimidating.

Reactions: Sensei
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
Could work, if u have skinny legs at least. Thunder thighs like mine might be more complicated

Reactions: Eternity04 and clocktower
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Bold attempt for sure. But there is no denial in the fact that you are dead for sure if you will be able to cut that thick blood vessel. Depending on the heartrate if not immediately cared for you can bleed out it like 30 seconds. I once saw this clip of a soldier that got shot in the leg and he bled out so fast, it was intimidating.
Why isn't it a more popular method on this site?
Because it is so difficult to do?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Depending on the heartrate if not immediately cared for you can bleed out it like 30 seconds.

As I understand it, you lose consciousness after 30 seconds or less and die of blood loss after 3 minutes or less. However, it's difficult to find reliable figures, so I might be misinformed. All sources I've been able to find seem to be in agreement that you will pass out in 20–30 seconds, though.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Failure often means paralysis for months, years, or forever due to the proximity of the femoral nerve. The artery itself is much deeper than many appreciate, especially depending on body habitus. The radial artery poses significant challenges, and it is quite shallow. This isn't the first time this has been asked.

Reactions: Not_Quite_Dead_Yet and Morphosis
S

Sangre

Feb 18, 2020
It's been a while since I made this thread and I still haven't done it. I really want to die but my fear of surviving prevents me from doing it.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
It's been a while since I made this thread and I still haven't done it. I really want to die but my fear of surviving prevents me from doing it.
I just always assume that if a method isn't talked about much, its probably for a reason. I've never looked into this so I dunno what that reason is...but there has to be a good one (or several)

Reactions: Meditation guide and inactive
S

Sangre

Feb 18, 2020
I just always assume that if a method isn't talked about much, its probably for a reason. I've never looked into this so I dunno what that reason is...but there has to be a good one (or several)
It wouldn't have been one of my chosen method if I had N, that's for sure. Sadly I only have very limited options, and exsanguination is among them.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
It wouldn't have been one of my chosen method if I had N, that's for sure. Sadly I only have very limited options, and exsanguination is among them.
Sorry if my comment came off as negative, I know what it feels like to have no good options and feel backed into a corner. Whatever happens, I hope you find peace, my friend :hug:

Reactions: Sangre
wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
Would it be easier to get the vein in your neck rather than leg?? I don't know been while since I've done biology.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Dr House once anesthetised his thigh to operate on himself in a bathtub. He wasn't trying to kill himself but it might be something to think about.

I'd want a thinner and sharper blade than the one in your photo, @Sangre. That looks like a kitchen knife. I reckon there are hunting knives that would be better suited, if a scalpel were too hard to get.

S

Sangre

Feb 18, 2020
Dr House once anesthetised his thigh to operate on himself in a bathtub. He wasn't trying to kill himself but it might be something to think about.

I'd want a thinner and sharper blade than the one in your photo, @Sangre. That looks like a kitchen knife. I reckon there are hunting knives that would be better suited, if a scalpel were too hard to get.
I don't have access to other blades. I'm lucky that I was even able to get a knife. I ordered it online months ago but now it's near impossible for me to order online because of lockdown and my family getting suspicious. It's a brand new knife, and I've tested it on my skin and it's quite sharp.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Like the title says. What does anyone think? The knife that's gonna be used looks similar to this:View attachment 40508
The blade is 8 inches.
The knife you have shown is a non-serrated carving knife. It is best for slicing cook protein. Unless you know how to locate your femoral artery, it will be very messy as you explore with that knife.

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
You can usually feel your femoral artery, lie down and see how well you feel it. Some are much deeper than others. I've seen a punctured femoral artery squit blood up to the ceiling (am a nurse) from a tiny hole so it'll work well if you can do it. I think you'd have to be pretty confident about hitting the artery with the first stab of the knife. If I was going to do it it'd be with medical equipment involving a large needle..

S

Sangre

Feb 18, 2020
The knife you have shown is a non-serrated carving knife. It is best for slicing cook protein. Unless you know how to locate your femoral artery, it will be very messy as you explore with that knife.
Isn't non-serrated better for stabbing flesh though? Serrated would probably be more painful and difficult to stab with. Yes, I think I already know where my femoral artery is. I've researched its location in human anatomy quite a bit. I even watched a video on BestGore where a guy got stabbed in what looks to be his femoral artery and he bled profusely and collapsed, presumably he died.

Last edited:
wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
You can usually feel your femoral artery, lie down and see how well you feel it. Some are much deeper than others. I've seen a punctured femoral artery squit blood up to the ceiling (am a nurse) from a tiny hole so it'll work well if you can do it. I think you'd have to be pretty confident about hitting the artery with the first stab of the knife. If I was going to do it it'd be with medical equipment involving a large needle..
wait you can feel it??? maybe I just fat legs then

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
wait you can feel it??? maybe I just fat legs then
Yeah I can easily feel mine but I'm quite slim. I used to work with cardiologists doing procedures via the femoral artery so have felt a lot! (and seen a lot of blood) Sometimes you do have to put a fair amount of pressure on your first two fingertips, right up in your groin.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Isn't non-serrated better for stabbing flesh though? Serrated would probably be more painful and difficult to stab with. Yes, I think I already know where my femoral artery is. I've researched its location in human anatomy quite a bit. I even watched a video on BestGore where a guy got stabbed in what looks to be his femoral artery and he bled profusely and collapsed, presumably he died.
A serrated blade is used for slicing into cooked meat (roast) or loaves of bread. The serration is for breaking into the harder outer crust. After breakinginto the crust, it slices but more like a saw. Honestly, I think it will be very painful to use such a knife to severe your femoral artery.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and alexit
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah I can easily feel mine but I'm quite slim. I used to work with cardiologists doing procedures via the femoral artery so have felt a lot! (and seen a lot of blood) Sometimes you do have to put a fair amount of pressure on your first two fingertips, right up in your groin.
So that pulse near the groin is the femoral artery. But it runs down your leg. Does it matter where you cut? Can you cut right at the femoral pulse?

Reactions: Greenberg
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I attempted the very thing you talk about, in a moment of utter madness when I just wanted the fucking pain and anger to stop. I could not do it. And I don't believe it was my instinct to survive that kicked in, coz I sure wanted to die. I just could not bring myself to pierce my own flesh. It was as if my hands refused to follow the commands sent by my brain. I guess that's self preservation for ya in a nutshell. I got no advice for you, just letting you know how my experience went. Sorry.

• Aww..
Reactions: B18 and Greenberg
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
So that pulse near the groin is the femoral artery. But it runs down your leg. Does it matter where you cut? Can you cut right at the femoral pulse?
Yes, where you can feel the pulse is the nearest the artery is to the surface. This is the best place to get a needle in for medical procedures or to cut yourself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-200151.png
    Screenshot_20200813-200151.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Greenberg
T

Tinxxx

Ok google
Aug 11, 2020
recommend surgical scalpels. There are different sorts of blades, they cut well.
recommend surgical scalpels. There are different sorts of blades, they cut well.
Though if you cut tendons, may appear aftereffects.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Exacto blade or fillet knife would probably be better than your kitchen knife.

Reactions: alexit
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I researched exsanguination. Not practical. Good idea but just not something you'd be able to pull off.
That part of the body has a lot of
nerves. It's close to a lot of sensitive needing protection. Super painful and a lot of people don't realise chronic issues of vein damage.

Last edited: