awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I think I already know people's response but I just want to check in as I cant remember how I responded to different SSRIs in the past as I wasn't suicidal just anxious and depressed over mom passing.

I've never been as focused on CTB in my life but my life has also gone to complete shit.

Do the SSRI's remove the suicidal thoughts / obsessiveness / ruminations of the past? Right now I'm functioning every day about 95% focused on past, hopeless future, or CTB. It's a blast!

Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
From my little experience it helps if you have some ground to stand on

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I have tried them in the past, and at first they really did help. It won't solve all of life's problems, and I really don't see it as a long-term Band-Aid even. I think there are definitely times that they can help pull you out of the hole and get your footing again.

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Dont help me. Might help you though mate. Everyone's different.

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I do remember having awful withdrawal symptoms from them when trying to stop them.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've had a high dose of Prozac used to combat OCD. It didn't work, it caused disassociation. To an dangerous degree. SSRIs can have different effect for different people, there is no real consensus. Sometimes they can cause suicidality. Sometimes they can give you breathing space.

That's not helpful though is it, in real terms.

In my experience, SSRIs can have a short term benefit, though it's by no means guaranteed. They will almost certainly have short term 'side effects.' They will have guaranteed long term profound effects on your body and your mind.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I personally believe that long term use will potentially CAUSE the very thing they are designed to fight. Depression. This is just basic physiology and homeostasis. If you hack your brain's biochemistry to that degree then your endocrine system will compensate over time, eventually depleting your seretonin secretion.

So I's say...potential short term benefit, almost certain short term 'side effects,' guaranteed long term issues.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...psycho-active-prescription-medications.40224/

Reactions: redbutterfly and Ghost2211