K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Sorry for my language, but why the fuck do they market drugs for depressive disorders, when most of the side effects will do the EXACT OPPOSITE of helping you?!

Has anyone ever felt better on them?

I was on prozac and it made me feel like garbage.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Lostandlooking, Viro_Major and 4 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Prozac is why I will ctb, they are poison

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Metalhead and Kat!
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Tried a metric ton of anti depressants and not only did they never help, but amongst my favorite side effects are: Having to piss every 5 minutes (and it burning), gaining a lot of weight, sleeping 20 hours day, unable to sleep for days, and making me insanely agressive towards everyone. Some of them also made me more impulsive to the point of chugging the entire bottle of pills out of frustration of them not helping, which is great.
Now I just purchase some liquid soviet anti depressant whenever i feel especially bad, it works better and has less side effects.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lostandlooking, Disappointered and 2 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Prozac is why I will ctb, they are poison
I thought I was crazy. Maybe I'm not myself because I took them. I just want to know I'm not crazy. I'm sorry that you feel that way.
Tried a metric ton of anti depressants and not only did they never help, but amongst my favorite side effects are: Having to piss every 5 minutes (and it burning), gaining a lot of weight, sleeping 20 hours day, unable to sleep for days, and making me insanely agressive towards everyone. Some of them also made me more impulsive to the point of chugging the entire bottle of pills out of frustration of them not helping, which is great.
Now I just purchase some liquid soviet anti depressant whenever i feel especially bad, it works better and has less side effects.
I've had a few of those side effects as well. It's awful.
I'm sorry about that. We'll find the answer soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, Ghost2211 and Lostandlooking
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Prozac was initially good for me, it was energising, lifting the mood, increasing the libido. Spoke to other members for whom it really helped for many years. I tried several ADs and Prozac was the best on me. But then I noticed the effects faded rather quickly and was also impairing my ability to think. I didn't really need it anymore (my suicidal ideation had passed) so I stopped. Other remedies make me feel a lot better sufficiently like the Stamet Protocol, without feeling negative side effects so it's a no brainer
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/psilocybin.52565/page-2#post-963981

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Metalhead, Ghost2211 and Kat!
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
The Docs don't normally prescribe Prozac first nowadays. Sertraline and Lexapro are considered safer.
But yeah AD meds only work for about a third of people. My view is that they are at least worth a try. They might just do bad for you but heck the alternative is suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Kat!
Forgotten

Forgotten

Student
Aug 19, 2020
I took SSRIs like 7 years ago, it did give me burst of happiness for no reason and I had amazing dreams, slept extremely well during the time I was taking it, then I stopped taking it and my life turned into a nightmare ever since, my emotions are gone, constantly stressed, I get bursts of anxiety even when I have no reason to be anxious, my mind and body are alert 24/7, so I have extreme insomnia and my muscles are always tense like something bad is about to happen and my body is ready to react even when it's a beautiful summer afternoon out there. I can't directly blame SSRIs for this, maybe this is just who I am at the end of the day, but the difference was as noticeable as night and day.

• Love
  • Hugs
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
There have been concerns about the safety profile of Citalopram/Escitalopram on the heart against old school ADs, while not proving to be overly more efficient at benefits. I ditched it for this reason

Last edited:
  • Love
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Barley works is about right for me. The ones that have a positive effect on me create a buffer zone at the bottom end during my most depressive periods so it doesn't go quite as far down. But they don't do much else and there's barely any difference. I still take them though, cause what else is there. Been on them for so long that I'm probably pretty fucked up from them at this point. Why stop now.

• Love
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It does seem like a lot of meds do work for certain people, especially in the short term, but in the long run yeah this stuff is a scam

• Love
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Prozac just makes me numb, but for me that kinda beats feeling lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kat!, Metalhead, Disappointered and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Antidepressants helped me briefly, but over time they became less effective and the side effects were not worth the minimal benefit. Ironically I became happier once I weaned off of it.

• Love
Reactions: Kat!, Metalhead, Disappointered and 1 other person