• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
If there were a 'Spotless mind' pill available, would you take it?
Do you think your troubles could be over/greatly reduced if given a clean slate?

Reactions: Forever Sleep, marchshift, rozeske and 1 other person
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
If you've seen the movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", you'll know that having a clean slate doesn't necessarily stop people from repeating the same mistakes. Our wiring doesn't change with such a pill. We will still have the same preferences, be prone to same habits, and eventually find ourselves back where we started.

While I didn't get a magic pill of this kind, I did go through intensive NLP training (neurolinguistic programming) at age 20 that essentially aims to give you a clean slate by removing all the garbage from the past and completely changing your perspective on life. After the training, I was euphoric and completely turned my life around. However, even though I accomplished tons of things I had never imagined even trying before, I quickly started redeveloping the same issues I had in the past.

Hence my conclusion that I'm stuck and the only way to get out of the pattern is to ctb. :)

Reactions: iloverachel, pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36 and 3 others
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
If you've seen the movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", you'll know that having a clean slate doesn't necessarily stop people from repeating the same mistakes. Our wiring doesn't change with such a pill. We will still have the same preferences, be prone to same habits, and eventually find ourselves back where we started.

While I didn't get a magic pill of this kind, I did go through intensive NLP training (neurolinguistic programming) at age 20 that essentially aims to give you a clean slate by removing all the garbage from the past and completely changing your perspective on life. After the training, I was euphoric and completely turned my life around. However, even though I accomplished tons of things I had never imagined even trying before, I quickly started redeveloping the same issues I had in the past.

Hence my conclusion that I'm stuck and the only way to get out of the pattern is to ctb. :)
I hear you. I haven't seen the film, I always just liked the concept. Maybe I should have before I made the post.
Yes I am definitely wired up to be too emotional and care too much, wish I wasn't. I really struggle letting go and moving on. Just wish I could delete the last 25 years. But yes maybe it's a maze that ultimately leads to the same place. It's so fucking depressing isn't it?

• Hugs
Reactions: INTJme
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
I hear you. I haven't seen the film, I always just liked the concept. Maybe I should have before I made the post.
Yes I am definitely wired up to be too emotional and care too much, wish I wasn't. I really struggle letting go and moving on. Just wish I could delete the last 25 years. But yes maybe it's a maze that ultimately leads to the same place. It's so fucking depressing isn't it?
Oops, sorry for the spoiling the movie for you! I assumed that's where you got the idea. :ahhha:
But yeah, we're all wired a certain way and even though I used to think there's some free will that exists, in reality maybe it doesn't and we are pre-destined to a certain fate no matter how much we twist and turn to try and change it. Sucks to even think about it, honestly.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
Oops, sorry for the spoiling the movie for you! I assumed that's where you got the idea. :ahhha:
But yeah, we're all wired a certain way and even though I used to think there's some free will that exists, in reality maybe it doesn't and we are pre-destined to a certain fate no matter how much we twist and turn to try and change it. Sucks to even think about it, honestly.
It's heart breaking isn't it? Love and strength to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: INTJme