C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
Apologies if this comes off as redundant. I know there are various hanging threads on the site, but they are so dense that I have trouble finding exactlt what I'm looking for. Suffice to say, any responses here would be appreciated 🙂

So my method is full suspension. I have a 12mm, double-braided nylon dockline rope with more than enough strength to hold me up indefinitely (I know nylon is a touch stretchier, but I'm accounting for that in my setup). I plan to do a simple slipknot noose with a snuggle hitch around my anchor point.

Questions: (1) I've read that it's a good idea to lubricate the rope so it cinches tighter and faster. Is there anything specific I should use for that? (2) I've read various sources saying to use a metal ring/D-ring for comfort. None of what I've read on that topic makes sense or is easy to conceptualize. Anyone heard of this and can explain it in simpler terms? (3) Is it a good idea to pad the rope at all? I don't want to prolong consciousness, but does anyone know of anything I could use to make the rope feel more comfortable on my neck without compromising the efficacy of what I'm going for?

Thanks for your time! I send my love to all of the folks here.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
if by metal ring you are referring to that old hanging guide on a different site, then idk wtf that meant either. if im imagining it correctly, its a ring infront of your throat. i dont see how that is reducing pressure, the direction of the force being applied is the same. sounds complicated and vague, i wouldnt bother with that.
you can use padding, full suspension supplies far more pressure than needed to constrict the necessary arteries. you can test out your padding with non-lethal partial to make sure its snug, and doesnt prohibit passing out, for your own peace of mind.

• Love
Reactions: ctbsd24 and Adûnâi
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Questions: (1) I've read that it's a good idea to lubricate the rope so it cinches tighter and faster. Is there anything specific I should use for that? (2) I've read various sources saying to use a metal ring/D-ring for comfort. None of what I've read on that topic makes sense or is easy to conceptualize. Anyone heard of this and can explain it in simpler terms? (3) Is it a good idea to pad the rope at all? I don't want to prolong consciousness, but does anyone know of anything I could use to make the rope feel more comfortable on my neck without compromising the efficacy of what I'm going for?
1) This does get suggested a lot, and if you'd like to you can. But I found that the noose knot cinches so incredibly easy without lube that it would just be an unnecessary extra step (the loop would close on its own from the weight of the knot and gravity alone, so very loose already). But you can use something like Vaseline if yours does not cinch so effortlessly.

2) I've heard this on a few different hanging posts. I have zero clue how that works, so I can't help you there. I believe the user locked*n*loaded attempted to explain what it is and how it's used. Maybe you can search the forum for some of his posts on it (I believe they were made in early September).

3) You can use light padding, like a thin washcloth, to prevent the rope from digging into your skin or causing rope burn. But nothing too thick. I personally abstained from padding since I didn't want to possibly affect the rope's efficacy in any way, even though it likely wasn't an issue.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
1. You have a good rope. No lube needed.
2. This knot does the same thing, it creates an "eye" that allows the noose to tighten fully. Just feed the other end of the rope through the loop.
3. No padding needed.

Attachments

• overhand_loop_knot (1).jpg
    overhand_loop_knot (1).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: alltoomuch2